Working with the police....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with the police....

So as I stated in chat with a few other fourm members, I had/have the chance to work a coop assignment brought forth by Park City Police Department, What I did/will do is be assigned to residental neighborhoods, and keep non-residental traffic out, per Park City Police Captian. we were and will not be "special deputized" for this, but however we did report to the Police Department, any one whom violated being a non-resident trying to park in resident areas, the PD then would tow once we called them to come over, The PD also feed us food and allowed us to share facilites (i.e. Restroom and water fountian) with them, they treated us well, and waved everytime they drove past, also thier dispatcher gave me a chair to sit in toward the end of my shift, we were allowed to bring chairs, but i had forgotten to grab one, so one of the police officers delivered it to me curtosy of thier dispatcher, who saw me with out a chair on their cameras on city hall, All in all this is the most respect I have ever seen from a PD, also when we meet with the police captian he told us "this is a sharpe looking crew". I would like to take this time to say that maybe my opinion about police officers and their attitude toward security is changed a little bit, they showed nothing but respect while we conducted parking enforcement along with them. I think it is an honor to be able to work so closely like this...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

lol sorry But where else would you use the restroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
      lol sorry But where else would you use the restroom?
      I have worked accounts where we did not have any access to restrooms. Such as outside of a closed business with no way inside and no restrooms on the outside.

Oh and TECHNICALLY we weren't suppose to leave the property. Let me tell ya, that was a 15.5 hour shift, you bet your patoot I went down the street to the Tom Thumb.
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

ZOMG U WILL LUZE U R LICENSES!!!!!!

Worked places without bathrooms. Client didn't care, company didn't care.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          ZOMG U WILL LUZE U R LICENSES!!!!!!

Worked places without bathrooms. Client didn't care, company didn't care.
          yea but osha cares. ive heard of people calling osha on security companies for not providing bathrooms and they were fined big time.
          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

You know those old fashioned pump operated fire extinguishers? The water can be pumped out & be replaced (From experience working as a Boy Scout in a parkng lot reserved for habdicapped parking at Montreal's Man and His World expo in 1968)
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Im not sure if it is like this everywhere in Australia, Im from the country and I have 4 police friends who come over to my house for a cuppa and we go over to their houses, I get funny looks from some people when A uniformed cop yells across the mall "we are going out clubbing on the weekend are you coming". I only know them from working at the mall, Some give me crap when I have to ring them for certain things eg a shoplifter with meat down his pants. Some are actually surprised that we talk to them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X