Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Before you necro'd this thread, I was 58 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Son-Of-A-Pilot
    replied
    My place is protected by Glock 23 and a vicious attack cat ..... (okay, so my cat isn't all that vicious).

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    If he is good he will kick your door in, like he did my moms last month and it was a solid wooden door. he took money, weapon, and rosary beads,and allot of Cd's. When I talk to the cops and they came over I told him he was armed. The neighbor hood look like swat was everywhere and the drug dealers where hiding.

Leave a comment:

• Blade Runner
    replied
    Safety and security on my property is insured by 125gr. jacketed hollowpoints of the 9mm variety.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Don't you live in one of the states that allows you to shoot someone in a situation like that? (I'm sorry I could not resist )
    I wouldn't risk the criminal and civil lawsuits unless my life was in danger.
    Seriously. I'll try to find the news report but there was a story recently in the Baton Rouge paper about an guy who was being shot at by a guy with a gun. The victim pulled a gun of is own and returned fire killing is assailant. The police charged him with Discharge of a Weapon in the City. He was protecting himself and after it was over was arrested and booked with the same thing they use on nuts who fire their gun into the air on New Years eve. What the Frack?!?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    Unless you are an attorney, I wouldn't give legal advice to anyone about anything. In most places it is a crime.
    I did not mention it in my post, but you're right. And I never give advice. That's why I do not interact with them..I can't step out of my front door to check my mail box, walk my dog or take out the trash with a interuption.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    I have 6 cameras up around my home. Nothing expensive. A mix of wired cameras commonly found at Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart and even Home Depot. They have saved me headaches many times. Just last week I watched two teens get off thier bikes at the end of my driveway and come toward my house. One was carrying bolt cutters. It was the middle of the day and they were obviously looking for something to steal while people were at work. I stepped out iwht my gun and cellphone as they detored into the neighbors yards and, upon seeing me, tried to hide behind a tree. As I dialed 911 they took off, got on thier bikes and rode off. Without the cameras I probably would not have know they were there.
    Don't you live in one of the states that allows you to shoot someone in a situation like that? (I'm sorry I could not resist )

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I have 6 cameras up around my home. Nothing expensive. A mix of wired cameras commonly found at Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart and even Home Depot. They have saved me headaches many times. Just last week I watched two teens get off thier bikes at the end of my driveway and come toward my house. One was carrying bolt cutters. It was the middle of the day and they were obviously looking for something to steal while people were at work. I stepped out iwht my gun and cellphone as they detored into the neighbors yards and, upon seeing me, tried to hide behind a tree. As I dialed 911 they took off, got on thier bikes and rode off. Without the cameras I probably would not have know they were there.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I;m also a member of a citizen's crime porevention organization

www.actionsurveillanceverdun.org

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    Two dogs, alarm, motion lights, doors are always locked.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    I learnt the hard way. We now have cctv, remote roller door,locks on all gates,spot lights, bars along the side of the garage (previously u shaped 5ft brick wall). I take my mobile to keep beside the bed incase I need to ring the police quick. Im more relaxed at work than I am at home.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Nice looking security system there HotelSecurity!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    I do my best to watch out for my neighbors. Those who have provided email addresses I send them my security guide with emphasis on residential and well as personal security. If they have any concerns about suspicious vehicles or strange behavior by the occupants I've urged them to call 911 immediately and let the 911 operator talk them through their observations. When they go on vacation, their homes are visited several times a day and I keep a log of the times and what I've observed. I never set a pattern. I leave special markers on doors and windows which are marked on a sketch so I don't forget; some obvious and some hard to see and the integrity of the marker is checked on each pass.
    I did that for military and civilian employees as well as judges, marshals and their employees when assigned to any security branch of whatever agency assigned.
    We all must help and be the eyes and ears of our communities and maintain a healthy liaison with local law enforcement.
    Many an article posted on this site goes to the local police and sheriff as expeditiously as possible.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Huh... you're gonna' have to explain that one
    http://www.europuppyusa.com/images/d...n_shepherd.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    His name is Taz!
    Huh... you're gonna' have to explain that one

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    IF you dont know where your gun is at all times that is bad.... i always know where my gun is, and when not in holster or in use it is in a gun case with a gun lock on
    Originally posted by HospitalPatrol
    I don't lock my doors either
    I second this, if not on your person (for work) isn't it supposed to be secured safely (especially considering you don't lock your doors)?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X