X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    Unless you are an attorney, I wouldn't give legal advice to anyone about anything. In most places it is a crime.
    Have you seen the legal rates? That, is a crime.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    With regard to my nieghbors, I am never asked anything by them....that is until they ask if I heard or saw anything suspicious/odd last night. Or, any legal advice I can give them about a speeding ticket, loud noises, ect., ect., ect. Otherwise, I do not wish to interact with my nieghbors. I sleep during the day......

Unless you are an attorney, I wouldn't give legal advice to anyone about anything. In most places it is a crime.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    i want a sign on my property that says "Premises protected by Ruger 3 days a week. You guess which 3..."

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    His name is Taz!

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    With regard to my nieghbors, I am never asked anything by them....that is until they ask if I heard or saw anything suspicious/odd last night. Or, any legal advice I can give them about a speeding ticket, loud noises, ect., ect., ect. Otherwise, I do not wish to interact with my nieghbors. I sleep during the day......

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    IF you dont know where your gun is at all times that is bad.... i always know where my gun is, and when not in holster or in use it is in a gun case with a gun lock on

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    The thief normally is looking for a quick in and out, wants to go undetected etc. Maybe kids are looking for something different.

Motion lights, good deadbolts, window locks, keep items of value away from windows, make the house look lived in with timer lights are some things on my list. One thing that I see often is how people with (attached) garages leave the overhead door open all day while at work. Nice welcome that is.

As I think of join or start a neighbourhood watch, seems to me this has been discussed before, somewhere here, may be more insight for you there.

You should market that pile of laundry, could be the next big hiding place
    Last edited by Eric; 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HospitalPatrol
    started a topic home security

home security

Here is a simple question:

As a security professional, what kind of security procedures do you implement on your own property while off duty?

I was thinking about this after my next door neighbor told me that he'd been burglarized. I spend hours a day as an important part of a complex and well planned security system working at a facility I have no real personal stake in. Then I come home and do next to nothing to take care of my home and family.

My neighbor told me he doesn't lock his doors and someone came in and took his booze and stereo, leaving the more expensive computer equipment and etc behind. I didn't know what to make of this so I did a quick search of my house because I don't lock my doors either but everything was here. I freaked when I couldn't find my gun but then I found it under a pile of clothes.

Mainly I want to know if y'all do anything special to keep intruders away. I am starting by making sure all my doors lock good.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X