Thanks from HCMC Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks from HCMC Security

Thank you to all of the U.S. Marshalls, D.E.A. Agents, C.I.A. Agents, Hennepin County Government Center Security, Wayzata Police, Crystal Police, Minneapolis Police, and Hannon Security Officers that helped us with keeping the hospital secure and assisting with efforts here at the hospital as a result of yesterdays tragedy on the I-35W bridge. Your help was invaluable! If I missed any agencies or departments, I do appologize. Six city blocks and 23 entrances is very difficult to control, without you folks, we couldn't have done it.

HCMC Safety and Security
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Thank you to all of the U.S. Marshalls, D.E.A. Agents, C.I.A. Agents, Hennepin County Government Center Security, Wayzata Police, Crystal Police, Minneapolis Police, and Hannon Security Officers that helped us with keeping the hospital secure and assisting with efforts here at the hospital as a result of yesterdays tragedy on the I-35W bridge. Your help was invaluable! If I missed any agencies or departments, I do appologize. Six city blocks and 23 entrances is very difficult to control, without you folks, we couldn't have done it.

HCMC Safety and Security
    Not to take away from the great work done by everyone but just a question: does the C.I.A. operate inside the US? I thought that was illegal?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
      Not to take away from the great work done by everyone but just a question: does the C.I.A. operate inside the US? I thought that was illegal?
      CIA has their own law enforcement and physical security service, like every federal agency. They are not authorized to conduct intelligence operations in the United States, but their protective services obviously can provide protection to CIA owned facilities in the US.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I personally never saw anyone displaying anything that said "C.I.A." but was told they were here. I did however, see everyone else listed.

Comment

Your city is in my prayers.
          "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

They do and they don't - if you know what I mean.
            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
              They do and they don't - if you know what I mean.
              "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I was thinking of the hospital security folks in Mpls as this all unfolded. From all of the cops that I have talked to, things went exceeding smooth considering the scale of the tradedy.

Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                  I was thinking of the hospital security folks in Mpls as this all unfolded. From all of the cops that I have talked to, things went exceeding smooth considering the scale of the tradedy.

Good work!
                  Thank you! The situation at the hospital could have been a lot worse. It was chaotic, but went fairly smooth, thanks to all the help we had. We had 27 out of 36 of our own officers / supervisors there, and still needed 10 U.S. Marshalls, 2 D.E.A. Agents, 2 Hannon Security Officers, 10 Hennepin County Government Security Officers, 3 Minneapolis Police Officers, 2 Crystal Police Officers, and 1 Wayzata Police Officer.

So, it took 57 people to secure a 6 city block hospital covering all 23 entrences with 2 to 3 officers at each door. We could have never done it on our own. And, we were still responding to the "normal" calls that we get on a daily basis while all of this was going on.
                  Last edited by sgtnewby; 08-04-2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

. And, we were still responding to the "normal" calls that we get on a daily basis while all of this was going on.
                    Isnt amazing how people still think getting their door unlocked is the most important thing happening at that time?
                    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                      Isnt amazing how people still think getting their door unlocked is the most important thing happening at that time?
                      Well, calls like that were put on hold, but the regular patient calls for restraints and transfers continued.

Comment

Well, calls like that were put on hold, but the regular patient calls for restraints and transfers continued.
                        I hear ya. One night we had a few traumas coming in right after the other (7 helos back to back, off both our primary roof pad and our secondary grass pad, a full ER waiting room and a full Ambulance Bay), my dispatcher informed me that I had a call he was putting through to my cell. At this time I'm out at the secondary pad waiting for the 3 helo to land on it. On the phone was a Nurse Coordinator from one of our Maternity Wards yelling about how she was locked out of her office for the last 20 mins and that my dispatcher had told her that we could not do it at that time.

I backed up my officer and told her that we were having a bit of busy night and that it would have to wait. She started cussing me out, asking how she was going to get any work done if I didn't let her into her office. I informed her, that her failure to put HER keys in her pocket when she walked out of the office, did not necessitate an emergency on my part. At that time the 3rd helo started its final and I informed her "Ma'am, I'm sorry but a REAL emergency was coming in and we will be with her as soon as we are available."

She had the nerve to call the House Supervisor and complain about me. Luckily it's one of the HS's that still likes me and he chewed her up and down for the way she acted.

When I finally got their to open her office she was EXTREMELY apologetic.
                        SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Always nice to have brass on your side...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X