Gloves .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
    And in what degree is that? I feel that it makes it look like you are prepared for any situation. You have to remember a lot of us aren't in the "customer service" type of security. I know I'm not, no matter how much they try to tell me I am. The priorities are as follows: 1. Officer Safety, 2. Staff Safety, 3. Customer Safety, 4. Customer Service.
    Do you wear drop holsters and carry 4 pairs of cuffs too...?

BE prepared

LOOK professional
    Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

in a hospital it should be mantatory to wear gloves, I alsoway have at least 3 pair on me at any time.
      Glasses/protective glasses should be also apart on 'kit'

Comment

I've been using the Hatch Street Guard for a while now. Kinda debating on moving to Blackhawk's Hellstorm Fury Commando.

Any reviews?

Comment

I carry a pair of Hatch gloves. I also have a pouch with two pair of latex gloves. Plus a handfull in a leg pocket.
          Noone has ever told me they look unprofessional when a Shank is pulled from an Inmates shoe, or an inmate hands me a razor and a body part... Who knew?
          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
            I carry a pair of Hatch gloves. I also have a pouch with two pair of latex gloves. Plus a handfull in a leg pocket.
            Noone has ever told me they look unprofessional when a Shank is pulled from an Inmates shoe, or an inmate hands me a razor and a body part... Who knew?
            Amen ! I agree.
            K9...."Protect all who enter"

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
              Do you wear drop holsters and carry 4 pairs of cuffs too...?

BE prepared

LOOK professional
              I do look professional when I'm at work. No I'm not a "Super Ninja" but I like to have my allowed equipment with me. The reason why I started wearing the gloves when it came to hands on encounters is because I scraped up my hand pretty good durring a fight with a disorderly subject. I was out of work for a week because I could not properly use my right hand. So I have the gloves to protect my hands should another situation like that arise. Does that sound fair enough?
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
              some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

I have cold weather cashmere gloves, and then I use my old US Army leather shells for moving a cone from in front of an exit lane EVERY car. Gloves are cool, since it protects one of your senses, feel.

I've got over a half dozen motorcycle gloves for different occasions too, as well as some softball gloves I've not used in 17 years, that look like driving gloves: and bicycle gloves to boot.

My job does not include fighting gloves, since I'd need about 5 times more an hour to afford applicable insurance coverage.

All I carry is one pair of gloves on me at a time though, since I'd lose them otherwise with only two coat pockets and a scarf in one. A flashlight, cell phone, and radio is enough for my belt, but if that's what your job calls for, fine. SHOW SOME PICS! Maybe I can carry more (and an extra few minutes every dressing/undressing of uniform per shift(s) ).

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
                  Gloves are great to prevent cuts and bodily fluids, but they do add a degree of unprofessional-ism to your image. I guess it all depends on who you interact with. Never the less, all guards should carry at least a pair of medical gloves just in case.
                  Gloves make you look unprofessional? I guess that body substance isolation and injury prevention (both environmental and human caused) are unprofessional.

I have turtleskin gloves, cut/puncture resistant. I wear them when I'm doing any sort of search, vehicluar personal baggage package. unless the weather calls for more aggressive thermal protection.

I guess dress white gloves make the Old Guard and Marines look unprofessional too, eh?
                  Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

I like my 5.11 gloves. If I am working somewhere outside of my bar that I am assigned to now, I prefer to put on a pair of the medic type nitrile gloves on under them. Of course, my posts usually allow me to dress in a more tactical manner, so I like completing my all black uniform with those. Plus, they provide a great deal of protection against most anything I have encountered. If I were paid better, I would buy a pair of the Hatch gloves with the nifty blood borne lining...

Comment

I recently bought a pair of 5.11 Tactical TAC-AK tactical glove (leather and Kevlar) and I carry 4 pairs of latex gloves in a pouch on my duty belt.

Having two previous occasions where I detained and carefully searched
                      thieves and found capped syringes on them, I decided get some affordable
                      protection.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X