Gloves .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves .....

How Many of you wear gloves ? and if you wear or dont wear them tell me why, i personally have a pair of Hatch Street Guard, greet gloves, blood borne pathogen protection, sharp point protection up to 8lbs of pressure, good dexterity, lightweight and breathable, i carry them for those rare occasions that you might have to help some person, rather criminally or medically, i perfer to keep the pair of gloves of if i have to touch some one.
    No - I do not wear carry gloves, no need for them
    4.26%
    No - I have not yet purchased a pair, but have thought about it
    14.89%
    Yes - Own a pair of gloves, but do not use them
    12.77%
    Yes - Own a pair of gloves, like to use them
    68.09%
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

We are issued Latex but I prefer the Nitril stuff myself. I got used to the non-latex stuff while working for the fire department and now prefer it to the old "rubber" gloves we used before.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

finger less gloves,they are not purchase from the company ,I found they protect my main hand when I get into bout or deal with street people.

Comment

Latex. No place to carry Police type gloves. (Remember I work plainclothed).
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I kept 4 nitrile gloves in a pouch, because there are times that there are things you do NOT want to touch. And not just bodily fluids.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes, I wear gloves. Obviously latex for those times when there is blood and other bodily fluids. A pair of Hatch and one pair of Galls brand.

Be safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I use to wear the Hatch gloves. Now I have fallen in love with the Nike Baseball batting gloves. Although they don't have certain protection features, I still love them. IMHO, they are like second skin and when gun facing someone they don't feel bulky. If that makes sense at all.
              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
                finger less gloves,they are not purchase from the company ,I found they protect my main hand when I get into bout or deal with street people.
                LOL, got any YouTube film clips of you fighting with street people?

I may need some pointers depending on where my location(s) are.
                That sounds like a battle which is hard to win, legally. Maybe check into
                less-than-lethal Piezo transducer ultrasonic dog repellers. Perfectly legal in 50 states.
                Last edited by ddog; 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I own a pair of Hatch (anti-pathogen) BG800s, but I always carry latex gloves in a pouch
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I absolutely carry a pair of gloves. Leather, black, cut proof kevlar gloves. Very comfortable, and they're very intimidating.

I have had a situation where I absolutely had to remove a knife from somebody, and it worked very well.

Comment

Street people here carry knives I don't know what they carry there! maybe your street people are behave ours are not. It is just like a gang .Your post is your turf and if you let them step on you they will.Allot of them are ex cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
                        Street people here carry knives I don't know what they carry there! maybe your street people are behave ours are not. It is just like a gang .Your post is your turf and if you let them step on you they will.Allot of them are ex cons.
                        Where is this at? Sounds like you need tasers.

Comment

street people here carry things like knives, daggers, needles, fishhooks and etc...........so you have to be very careful of when "detianing" and searching for weapons while taking the person in custody, My act instructor said one time he was frisking a gentleman and the gentle man had line his pant legs with fish hooks, and my ACT instructor had said if it wasnt for the gloves he was wearing that his hand would have gotten tore up pretty good...
                          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                            street people here carry things like knives, daggers, needles, fishhooks and etc...........so you have to be very careful of when "detianing" and searching for weapons while taking the person in custody, My act instructor said one time he was frisking a gentleman and the gentle man had line his pant legs with fish hooks, and my ACT instructor had said if it wasnt for the gloves he was wearing that his hand would have gotten tore up pretty good...
                            My view of private security is different that what appears to be yours. At least in my hotels, we are not there to detain street people, we chase them away
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

well if they are breaking laws (i.e smoking crack) or something like that then would you ? i would....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X