Who wears a vest (body armour)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddog View Post
    Interesting site. Initially, all I see is 'either' price or safety coverage levels (II, IIIA, III), but not both (?). Seems like Chinese marketing strategy.

And if the US Generals and Senators wear Dragon Skin body armour, who can doubt these high level intelligence experts? I'll still offer $500 for an used conceilable Dragon Skin 2XL Size: no holes, no tears of course
    aren't new dragon skin like $3000? why bother with something stupid like that, you aren't in iraq. just get a good brand of IIIA and get a soft trauma plate. ABA, Safariland, point blank. As long as it passes the newest standards then you are fine. hell get a gall's vest they are just point blank but cheaper.

If you get shot at with a AK then at least you went down in style because unless you have some serious armor you are dead. $500 can get you a perfectly good new vest. save a little more and get the best

Comment

Originally posted by locknid View Post
      aren't new dragon skin like $3000? why bother with something stupid like that, you aren't in iraq. just get a good brand of IIIA and get a soft trauma plate. ABA, Safariland, point blank. As long as it passes the newest standards then you are fine. hell get a gall's vest they are just point blank but cheaper.

If you get shot at with a AK then at least you went down in style because unless you have some serious armor you are dead. $500 can get you a perfectly good new vest. save a little more and get the best
      Well an AK-47 is $369 and any druggie can get one, maybe even on-line. And Dragon-Skin site shows about 50 AK-47 bullets pumped into a vest, so level III Dragon-skin conceiled armour is serious protection.

So since AK-47 is about as cheap of a reliable weapon you can get, it seems to say level III protection is required, to me anyway. Its not like you are going to buy these as often as you do cars. If so, you are seriously underpaid at any salary imaginable.

And newest Chinese standards are a joke: there are none.

Comment

Think pet food...
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
          Think pet food...

Don't forget lead paint and badly manufactured cars and trucks.....

Be safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Well an AK-47 is $369 and any druggie can get one, maybe even on-line.

yes AK-47's may be cheap but the ammo is expensive. also criminals are in the business of not attracting attention when they don't want it. they also don't want people, especially LEOs to know they are packing. AK-47's are a little hard to conceal. Most criminals want something cheap and concealable so they usually end up getting .22's and 9mm's.

I have worked in some of the worst ghetto's in phoenix for the last 3 years and have found only 1 AK, a couple sawed off shotguns, but the rest were usually cheap knock off brand 22's and 9's, the occassional 40 or 45. most popular recently are the cheap hi-points

you can't think about the worst thing you will run into, but the most probable.

also vests have to pass american standards, not chinese, and most vests are made here in the US.

Comment

I have a IIIA US Armor vest with a 7x10 steel insert. I wear it at my bank post but not at the shopping plaza. The plaza really doesn't warrant the vest in my opinion. Of course now that I say that a running gun battle will take place next time I'm there.
              sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post

On a side note, if an Employer requires to wear or use a piece of equipment, aren't they require to provide for not?

It depends on how specific the requirement is. If they say "body armor", then no they don't. If they say "Point Blank Level IIIA" Then, yes, they do. At least here in CA.
                "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

On the subject of concealment, the D-Class films showed a normal guy with a light jacket pulling out a full arsonal including a full length shot gun and about 15 other weapons at least. So with all the new hip hop baggy clothing fads, it would be easy to disquise almost anything imaginable if the D-class films were close to legit and not doctored film with time delays to look real.

Comment

On the subject of concealment, the D-Class films showed a normal guy with a light jacket pulling out a full arsonal including a full length shot gun and about 15 other weapons at least. So with all the new hip hop baggy clothing fads, it would be easy to disquise almost anything imaginable if the D-class films were close to legit and not doctored film with time delays to look real.
                    yeah I have seen that video also where the guy pulls out enough weapons to kill a whole city of zombies from his clothes.

Not very likely that would happen in real life. That subject most likely could barely walk, most criminals couldn't even afford one bullet for each gun let alone full ammo for each gun. Most criminals can't afford that many guns in the first place, or don't have access to buy that many guns on the street.

98/100 subjects will have a small or normal sized handgun, the rest maybe a shotgun or long gun.

Once again think probable not whats the worst that can happen. Yes a person can carry 50 guns in his pants but is that what you are really going to run into? do me a favor and just buy a normal IIIA vest with some trauma plates and save some bucks.

Comment

I wear a Point Blank Level 2.
                      ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Well an AK-47 is $369 and any druggie can get one, maybe even on-line. And Dragon-Skin site shows about 50 AK-47 bullets pumped into a vest, so level III Dragon-skin conceiled armour is serious protection.

So since AK-47 is about as cheap of a reliable weapon you can get, it seems to say level III protection is required, to me anyway. Its not like you are going to buy these as often as you do cars. If so, you are seriously underpaid at any salary imaginable.

Ak47's online? Some people see gun auctions like http://www.gunbroker.com and think the stuff shows up at your house just like ebay merchandise.

The truth is, your purchase must be shipped to a FFL dealer in your state for the purpose of completing the background check and transfer.
                        ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

unless you happen to have a dealers liscence- but the cost of THAT is cost prohibitive for the average shooter. I'd LOVE to find a NON Chinese made copy of a '47. There's a nice little Romanian copy down at the local gunstore I have my eye on for about 450.

To any that use the caliber (7.62x39) what's the recoil like? and is the ammo hard to find?

Sorry to get off topic. I know the long gun is the bane of any body armor. I've seen some smokin' good results on the Dragonskin on Futureweapons, but an independent (reported months ago in the media) study comparing it to the Interceptor found that the ceramic plates disintegrated over time in hot & humid environments. Pretty much anywhere there's conflict these days.
                          sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
                            unless you happen to have a dealers liscence- but the cost of THAT is cost prohibitive for the average shooter. I'd LOVE to find a NON Chinese made copy of a '47. There's a nice little Romanian copy down at the local gunstore I have my eye on for about 450.

To any that use the caliber (7.62x39) what's the recoil like? and is the ammo hard to find?

Sorry to get off topic. I know the long gun is the bane of any body armor. I've seen some smokin' good results on the Dragonskin on Futureweapons, but an independent (reported months ago in the media) study comparing it to the Interceptor found that the ceramic plates disintegrated over time in hot & humid environments. Pretty much anywhere there's conflict these days.

i have a sks rifle its kinda the hunting style of the ak same ammo too and ATI makes nice folding stocks for them got a 40 rnd mag on it the recoil aint to bad and the ammo is pretty easy to get i live in mn and go to sportsmans guide for all mine www.sportsmansguide.com great prices. DO NOT get the wolf ammo though it can mess your rifle up with that laquored casings

i have a pic of it on my comp but cant figure out how to put it on here if you have any more questions about the sks or the 7.62x39 ammo just PM me

Comment

You can have a C&R FFL cheaply, and covers a lot of MilSurp. However, for the real deal FFL, its very hard to attain one these days. It used to be that individuals could get an FFL and the ATF wouldn't care, they'd just inspect as normal.

Now, they're leaning more and more towards "You must be a business, a profitable business, and a legal business" to get an FFL license. The idea being that they are legitimate dealers, and not some backyard guy who wants to buy guns circumventing the FFL system.

I will eventually get my C&R license because I find the older MilSurp weapons fun. A friend has turned me towards the K-31, a swiss made WWII weapon, which looks odd as hell and may be fun to shoot.

Of course, if you have had any experience with military surplus weapons, you'll know that Milsurp has an part to it that's anything but fun: Cosmoline.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Body armour

I wear type II point blank. Reason why i work in new orleans it's a war zone.
                                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X