Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your company's requirements on personal appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    If you want to talk like you have a third grade education, do it on your time, not mine.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nice....But so true.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Our isn't so bad

Our uniform code is pretty simple I guess, I only know the guys' side:

1. Clean-cut, maintained hair. No eccentric crapola. Most of us maintain mil-spec so we are all ok.

2. No facial hair, with the exception of a mustache, which most people look ridiculous with anyway.

3. Sideburns to the middle of the ear only.

4. No jewelry except wedding band and/or watch visible. I wear a cross around my neck, but it is 'out of site, out of mind' to them.

5. Obvious good hygiene. I have been known to send guards home for stinking to high heaven 20 min into their shift.

6. Glassed-out boots. High shine unless you are working a construction area, then just keep the mud off.

7. Uniforms pressed and clean at all times. Even BDU's need to have the visible creases showing.

8. All gear in order. Wear keepers on your duty belt, make sure your brass is clean. If you use nylon and your cases are starting to fall apart,replace them.

9. Company issued hats only. Thank G*d they aren't the ridiculous ones I see some guards wearing. You know the ones...the modified RCMP hat.

10. Clean and maintain all your weapons. If I come on site and your sidearm has dust in it, I will send you home.

11. General Texas Occupations Code stuff: Nameplate and Badge visible on outermost garment. Company logo on the same.

12. No slang. We had a guard get fired for saying "dawg" to one of my accounts. Be professional. If you want to talk like you have a third grade education, do it on your time, not mine.

13. Tattoos are "supposed" to be covered. Many cases are left alone if they are not offensive or distracting. I have a memorial tat on my right forearm and, being right handed, my clients all know it is there. I have even had some ask the story behind it. Tats are rarely enforced because we can always park those guys in a patrol unit or at a night club or construction site. They certainly won't ever work a hotel, but they can still make overtime.
    Last edited by ; 08-05-2007, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    I know the company that I work for should be enforcing their dress codes. The guard that decided to walk out without much notice brought back his uniforms, they got chucked straight in the bin. His shirts were supposed to be white but comparing them to mine they were a greyish colour, the toes of his shoes were all scuffed and had never been polished, he wore blue pants instead of black, he wore a hat the majority of the time because he didnt brush his hair and he stunk of BO. I have tattoos but they are in places that are easily covered eg the one on my ankle can be covered by long pants and the 2 on my shoulder blade with a shirt.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
    As you can probably figure out by my handle, I have a lot of tattoos. My stomach, neck, chest, stomach, and back are covered. When I wear my short-sleeved t-shirt at work, my arms are visible. My boss (who is also my oldler brother) doesn't seem to care; hell, he even lets me wear earrings in my ears and wear my hair in cornrows. His only requirements on personal appearance are that we have good hygiene and stay clean shaven. Is your company strict or lenient with regards to the personal appearance of the guards?
    Basically the same as for any police department "uniform appearance standards" regulation. Everything is covered, earrings we'll ok as long as they're aren't 20. No facial piercings, lip or tongue studs, eye rings, etc. Tattoo's are fine as long as they're not obscene or considered improper ( we're in the inner city, so theres not much thats improper). All in all nothing hardcore, just basic don't be a disgrace to yourself and us.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Our company guidelines are pretty strict, short groomed hair, no earing(s) for blokes, tattoo's covered (though some don't) & clean shaven

Personally... I'm not into 'self mutilation' so tattoos & facial jewellery aren't any problem for me

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    short hair,tattoos well they are OK with one but not a sleeve. uniform in good condition mustache even with lip.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    You be quiet and you sign a contract, damn you, so that I have more money to build my empire.

Ha Send it!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    What is printed in the employee handbook is pretty strict. Parapolice syle grooming standards and such. On post is pretty relaxed.
    That picture obviously proves that. (Her.)

I shudder still.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    What is printed in the employee handbook is pretty strict. Parapolice syle grooming standards and such. On post is pretty relaxed.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I don't know if it is the Canadian charter of rights or the Quebec charter but the police had to allow men with beards a few years ago. We followed. (Since our owner is an Hasidic Jewish man, he certainly isn't going to complain!). At one of my hotels we allow an Officer to keep his long hair tied in a tight pony tail. We have also allowed them to keep their stud earrings. But not at the other 2 hotels that are more businessmen oriented. I had to fire one there for not fitting in.

We have a Maintenance man that has a lot of tatoos on his forearms. He has to wear long sleeved shirts even in the summer. We had complaints from guests that were afraid. (Funny thing is he is one of our nicest & hardest working employees).

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I think a lot of people have realized that some companies (Like CIS) don't actually provide security services. They provide protection services.
    There you go! Right on my friend.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    LOL, Really? Rivals? Nahhhhh....Improving the industry makes us team mates.
    I think a lot of people have realized that some companies (Like CIS) don't actually provide security services. They provide protection services.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I used to work for Excelsior, so I guess we're supposed to be bitter rivals fer lyfe but yeah. Ha. I work for myself now.
    LOL, Really? Rivals? Nahhhhh....Improving the industry makes us team mates.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
    Is that what you call that nowadays???
    You be quiet and you sign a contract, damn you, so that I have more money to build my empire.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Ha. I work for myself now.
    Is that what you call that nowadays???

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X