Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your company's requirements on personal appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Interesting! I don't know why that is. So far, I have enjoyed the conversation, debate and banter in here! I am glad I found it.

Be safe,

Hank
    I used to work for Excelsior, so I guess we're supposed to be bitter rivals fer lyfe but yeah. Ha. I work for myself now.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    That is correct. You are the first person who obviously works for CIS. There's been a lot of discussion about CIS here.
    Interesting! I don't know why that is. So far, I have enjoyed the conversation, debate and banter in here! I am glad I found it.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Off topic Corbier....some time ago you posted a message that it took 3 years for some one from CIS to get here. Did you mean that I am the 1st CIS Officer to join this group?

Be safe,

Hank
    That is correct. You are the first person who obviously works for CIS. There's been a lot of discussion about CIS here.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I remember back in the day when they were issuing COVER 6 for everyone in SSU. I had a few friends who worked there. Oh, well, times change.
    Off topic Corbier....some time ago you posted a message that it took 3 years for some one from CIS to get here. Did you mean that I am the 1st CIS Officer to join this group?

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Negative! They give you the uniforms, but it is the responsibility of the officer to maintain them. No allowance given. Plus, I have a friend that is in the uniform cleaning biz and I pay very little. But as a whole, no allowances for uniforms....However, they pay my monthly phone bill!

Be safe,

Hank
    I remember back in the day when they were issuing COVER 6 for everyone in SSU. I had a few friends who worked there. Oh, well, times change.

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    My previous employer gave us a biweekly uniform allowance (we wore khaki BDUs and polos) and a boot allowance of $150 every year.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    They give you a uniform cleaning allowance? I know the BDU's don't need pressed, I mean for the Class Bs and Class A for honor guard.
    Negative! They give you the uniforms, but it is the responsibility of the officer to maintain them. No allowance given. Plus, I have a friend that is in the uniform cleaning biz and I pay very little. But as a whole, no allowances for uniforms....However, they pay my monthly phone bill!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    The agency I work for requires a clean shaven face. Mustaches to the corner of the lips. Cleanliness a must. Short hair styles allowed (Military, fade style, bald) and women are allowed to have short hair/ long hair but up in a bun or pony tail and professional in appearence. Post ear rings allowed for women ( no hoops ) and no ear rings whatsoever for men! Tattoos are allowed on the forearms just as long as they are not rude, crude and obsene. If they are, long sleeves are required. And you must speak professionally in public, no slang words or crude jokes ect., ect., ect. Uniforms clean and maintained with polished shoes/boots.

Be safe,

Hank
    They give you a uniform cleaning allowance? I know the BDU's don't need pressed, I mean for the Class Bs and Class A for honor guard.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    The agency I work for requires a clean shaven face. Mustaches to the corner of the lips. Cleanliness a must. Short hair styles allowed (Military, fade style, bald) and women are allowed to have short hair/ long hair but up in a bun or pony tail and professional in appearence. Post ear rings allowed for women ( no hoops ) and no ear rings whatsoever for men! Tattoos are allowed on the forearms just as long as they are not rude, crude and obsene. If they are, long sleeves are required. And you must speak professionally in public, no slang words or crude jokes ect., ect., ect. Uniforms clean and maintained with polished shoes/boots.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• dsoul27
    replied
    Our uniform needs to be cleaned and pressed,black boots, no ear rings, hair can't touch the collar, no facial hair except for a trimmed mustache, and look clean and professanal. I just got out of the Military so keeping up with uniform requirements is easy. I don't know the rule for tattoos though. I have a few but there covered.

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    Other than keeping your uniform clean I dont know what the requirements are. I just know they liked my look. I keep my hair short, no tatts, I stay clean and try to look professional.

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    Ditto. Hair must be clean and cut like a gentleman. No visible tats. No earrings. No necklaces/chains/etc. No facial hair except for a mustache (and even that was frowned upon) and sideburns no longer than the middle of your ear.

Yeah, we were strict.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    oh almost forgot tat's shall not be visable, for those with tat's on the fore arms must wear long sleeve shirts.....

Leave a comment:

• doc368
    replied
    Tatoos? No problem. I work in the EP world of Brentwood California and Beverly Hills. A lot of my guys have tatts. Some of them got them when they were in the military. I do know this though, most Police and Sheriff's agencies will not hire guys with tatts on the neck, face, forearms(if too large)and hands. Hands are a big one...

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I've always thought about it like this:

1. Hair should not touch the collar or be "outrageous," i.e. to the point that it distracts people. I don't think cornrows would, honestly. Isn't milspec, though.

2. Tattoos are a big thing in law enforcement right now, a lot of agencies are going nuts and requiring bandages on forearms, or long sleeves in summer, or simply not hiring people with visible tattoos.

See "outrageousness" rule above. If the company finds its distracting, have a long sleeve shirt.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X