Should we take a oath or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Thank you. Amazing how many times this point has to be made.
    No problem!
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      I do not know of a state that mandates as part of license training self-defense or defensive tactics training.
      Like I said in my earlier post, basic self defensive techniques is part of the required mandatory training for current Victorian SO's (Cert' III), Certificate II has been superceded by PRS30103 and thus is a 'must have' for any Victorian SO wanting to continue in this industry
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
        Like I said in my earlier post, basic self defensive techniques is part of the required mandatory training for current Victorian SO's (Cert' III), Certificate II has been superceded by PRS30103 and thus is a 'must have' for any Victorian SO wanting to continue in this industry
        Ok, when I say "state," I mean "state in the US. " Sorry for confusion.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I believe that a security officers training should included the crimes act for where they live. It should also included self-defense and firearms training.

We should have the right to have better knowledge of the law.

When it comes to self-defense I told my that I going to a self-defense course he said why you don't need it it would be a wast of my money and I got the same reply when I ask about doing a firearms training.

Here years go there was a guy going around knocking off banks and I got the job of going after it happen. The bank he did I was there 20 minters after and the news was out that he is coming back the next day. I was not allowed to wear a vest under my shirt.

I believe this is wrong i should have been given some kind of protection.

We can only to our as professorially if we are given the right training at no cost to us.
          Last edited by Steve354; 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM.
          ]

Comment

It would be a waste of money giving me firearms training since Canadian Private Security (with a very few exceptions) can not be armed.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

^^^^Why are you typing so big?

Comment

So I can read it

Comment

Ok, when I say "state," I mean "state in the US. " Sorry for confusion.
                  Tis' okay

Originally posted by Steve354
                  I believe that a security officers training should included the crimes act for where they live. It should also included self-defense and firearms training.
                  Doesn't ACT SO training include powers of arrest, trespass/lawful ejection, legal use of force & basic definition of a criminal act ie. finds committing?

As far as firearms & self-defensive training goes... self defense would be an assest to anybody, but if you don't work armed why bother to get armed accreditation?
                  Last edited by Maelstrom; 08-02-2007, 06:35 AM.
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

As far as firearms & self-defensive training goes... self defense would be an assest to anybody, but if you don't work armed why bother to get armed accreditation?
                    20% higher starting wage job opportunities , plus prerequisites for more elite Security opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by ddog View Post
                      20% higher starting wage job opportunities , plus prerequisites for more elite Security opportunities.
                      I was actually referring to Steve's position... which AFAIK is for an unarmed Security firm, additionally he claims to be moving to Utah soon thus there'd be no point until he hit US soil doing anything related to gun training

Comment

The course I did was back in 2003 and as outlined on page 2 a few of them was only just touched on like 10 to 20 minters. That also includes the ones you are talking about . So now you can see where I coming from about getting the right training.

I thank you all for your in put to this post. It's been great. Now it's bed time My further is in the hand of the US visa people today and that is a 4 four car trip one way big day head of me.

So I wish all a save and happy day.Steve.
                        Tis' okay

Doesn't ACT SO training include powers of arrest, trespass/lawful ejection, legal use of force & basic definition of a criminal act ie. finds committing?

]

Comment

Originally posted by ddog View Post
                          Here's today's damper.

1. To receive a Florida Class G Security Firearms Permit, a Class M manager licensee must sign off on your application. In other words, your employer will decide if you're getting a license, not you.

2. Your Class G school is only good for a period of 6 months. This may actually be a year, but I'm remembering 6 months. So, if you don't find a company willing to sign your G within 6 months of completing the course... You get to take it again.

3. Companies use this as a way to ensure loyalty. While some will blindly sign anyone's G application, others require a minimum working time.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Here's today's damper.

1. To receive a Florida Class G Security Firearms Permit, a Class M manager licensee must sign off on your application. In other words, your employer will decide if you're getting a license, not you.

2. Your Class G school is only good for a period of 6 months. This may actually be a year, but I'm remembering 6 months. So, if you don't find a company willing to sign your G within 6 months of completing the course... You get to take it again.

3. Companies use this as a way to ensure loyalty. While some will blindly sign anyone's G application, others require a minimum working time.
                            Good info! Thanks. Yeah a good boss is one thing I am looking for in my main security job. Working for 2 Security companies may help my chances better, since never know until start. Actually finding a good deal on proper concealed body armor has preceded the "G" priority: first things first.

In the end, whatever is in the best interest of the employer(s) is what I should be concentrating on. The "G" has significant costs of school, license, liability, and time assigned to handling weapon properly while transporting/storing weapon which may negate a dollar an hour difference (initially anyway). But if its in the interest of my company, I wouldn't think twice about it as an advancement opportunity and a sign of trust by my boss.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X