Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EH126
    replied
    Wow, hearing these stories are why I like to work graveyard shifts... To many perverts for me.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    This is pretty standard in Florida. They believe that the police are the ones who issue trespass warnings. I've even seen cops who will try to issue them by themselves, without property owner permission.
    Now, local LE have permission to trespass at most locations we protect. There is a lime green posted trespass notice giving LE the authority by Management to trespass when they are on property. It has been around for quite sometime but now it's more prevalent. Yet, Chief Hogue has the stats to prove that crime is down within the city limits. And, FDLE has checked it out and confirmed it. A whopping 30+ percent from what I heard. I haven't done the research myself.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    We have the problem all the time. Kids from 1 year old + are often left alone at our play area or they wander away and are found on the other side of the mall and the parent or caretaker comes up like its no big deal. It just gets under my skin that some people in this day and age dont realize that there are sick people in this world that take these kids and kill them, etc and still gamble with the welfare of their children. Personally, I wish the play area would just disappear and most of the problems would go away.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    Originally posted by PSOfficer View Post
    I'm just glad that I was there to help a teen in need. A very positive reason for the curfew we enforce.
    I had to do a uni assignment on the Youth curfew you guys have. One of the readings was OPINION :not seen and not heard- legal and social exclusion of young people. The writer believes it is discriminating against young people and they should be allowed to hang out on the streets,malls and train stations without being harrassed by older people (police and security). I had my assignment handed back and my teacher asked me to re do the part where it asks for my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mall Director View Post
    All the time! Didnt you know? Mall's come equipped with built in baby sitters!

Whats real fun are the 14 year old girls dressed like street walkers, who's parents are long passed out to come pick them up, all the mean time time you are shooing away 38 perverts!
    OMG that sounds real familiar, Im starting to think I have a split personality who posts as mall director

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    That is the problem with some LEOs. Let's take trespassing as one example. Some LEOs believe that they can decide whether or not to trespass any unwanted people. I often tell them that as a representative of the Property Owner/Management, I make the call, they have to witness and document the warning. It is their belief that they can make the decision as to issue the warning or not!!!

Be safe,

Hank
    This is pretty standard in Florida. They believe that the police are the ones who issue trespass warnings. I've even seen cops who will try to issue them by themselves, without property owner permission.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I remember one night having to call DCF myself because the St. Petersburg Police Sergeant who kept calling was being told it wasn't an "emergency." As we all know, in Florida, its DCF who decides if its criminal or not unless its blatantly obvious.

He finally handed me his cell and said, "You try. Maybe they'll listen to a citizen, cause they sure aren't listening to the police."

Three hours later a DCF investigator showed up. We had to entertain the kid for 3 hours, and keep everyone in back seats till then.
    That is the problem with some LEOs. Let's take trespassing as one example. Some LEOs believe that they can decide whether or not to trespass any unwanted people. I often tell them that as a representative of the Property Owner/Management, I make the call, they have to witness and document the warning. It is their belief that they can make the decision as to issue the warning or not!!!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I remember one night having to call DCF myself because the St. Petersburg Police Sergeant who kept calling was being told it wasn't an "emergency." As we all know, in Florida, its DCF who decides if its criminal or not unless its blatantly obvious.

He finally handed me his cell and said, "You try. Maybe they'll listen to a citizen, cause they sure aren't listening to the police."

Three hours later a DCF investigator showed up. We had to entertain the kid for 3 hours, and keep everyone in back seats till then.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I got tired of our crack babies roaming North Boulevard at 2 AM. I used to call the police for a toddler roaming around. Its felony child endangerment. So, why are they just returned?

Even calling HRS/CPS does nothing.
    Unfortunately, the sytems are overtaxed and case workers have way to many cases. Another case of too much work, not enough time to do them. It is a sad state of affairs. Florida doesn't have a good track record with juveniles in the DCF system. Some simply disappear.....

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    replied
    . Anyone ever had to take care of the forgotten children??

Actually, not too long ago, something like this happened with my nephew. I went to the convenience store that is located directly behind my site at around 1900 and my 7-year-old nephew was there. It just so happened that while I was walking over there, I was talking on my cell phone to my brother who is my boss and was also working at the time and is also this boy's father. Apparently he walked over there from a friend's house and did not know how to get back. My brother told me to take him with me back to my site while he called his wife to come pick him up. I did and kept him there with me for approximately 10 minutes until she finally arrived.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I'm glad I work in industry and don't ahve to deal with kids.

Leave a comment:

• PSOfficer
    replied
    I'm just glad that I was there to help a teen in need. A very positive reason for the curfew we enforce.

Leave a comment:

• DarkMetalWolf
    replied
    I got tired of our crack babies roaming North Boulevard at 2 AM. I used to call the police for a toddler roaming around. Its felony child endangerment. So, why are they just returned?

I have even saw kids that showed extreme signs of sexual abuse and had a CPS Investigator say this to to me, " it is very clear this child has been sexually abused, but until the child says that he/she has been abused, we can do nothing about it". So if this is not enough, then what is going to take to get the people who are supposed to protect kids when parents will not, to do something about it? So as N.A. Corbier said, So, why are they returned to the parents?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    While patrolling Section 8 housing complexes, I would routinely find toddlers and adolescent children walking and roaming the parking lots, playgrounds and pool areas well into the early morning. Sometimes, they are so young, that they would not know what apartment and/or building they reside. Clear case of child endangerment. LE would respond, locate the mom/dad and slap their hands and give then a verbal scolding and clear the call. Sometimes, the parent (s) would have priors for child abuse/endagerment. I simply sit there and shake my head in disbelief!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Anyone ever had to take care of the forgotten children??
    Simple solution... Call Micheal Jackson jk

It's another example of declining family values in our society.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X