Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pairs of pants have you ripped ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucky
    replied
    My first pair of pants had a problem with the zipper. For some reason it would not stay locked and on one occasion while standing at parade rest (hands behind my back and feet apart.) i felt a little breeze and sure enough it was full down. I have no idea how long or how many noticed but took me a couple of days to get over it. That was the last time those pants ever saw daylight again.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I have ripped a few in my 10 years. BDU pants always seem to catch on tree limbs, fences and household appliances. LOL!

Be safe,

Hank.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    They do a lot of the uniforms of police and other emergency workers and know how to stitch up the weak points. I've never had a problem after taking my stuff to them. Not cheap but worth the money.
    Sounds like someone's been thinking... and created a nice little niche market too!

Leave a comment:

• metalgolem
    replied
    None so far.
    I do some static work but mostly mobile patrol so there's a lot of wear
    from getting in and out of the car and where my Mag Lite brushes.
    I'm fortunate in having the decision of what pants I wear, so I choose
    Propper Black BDUs. Propper makes a nice ripstop BDU and they're
    really comfortable too.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    It helps that whenever I get new pants I take them to a little franchise here in Baton Rouge called Golden Needle where the asian ladies will wait outside the fitting room so they can pin up the hem just right and then they double stitch the seat and crotch. They do alot of the uniforms of police and other emergency workers and know how to stitch up the weak points. I've never had a problem after taking my stuff to them. Not cheap but worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    None thus far... but I have had to utilize my seamtress skills to repair a duty pouch strap after I caught it on the car getting in

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    None - I wear spandex.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape.
    Damn....

Only thing I've got from when I started in security back in '83 is a maglite belt ring...

I haven't torn anything yet, although I keep losing buttons left and right off my shirts, and that one button on the inside tab of the pants along the waistline...

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    And the belts ! gees the last one I got snap ,crackle and pop! I think the worst thing every is not the pants tearing but the zipper breaking during your shift!

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    Well who ever makes these pants do not know how to sew! At least double sticth the puppys!

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    I've ripped a couple over the years as well... I've noticed that some of the uniform companies just don't make them like the rest... I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape. I use them as a backup pair when I work day shift, as they don't have the SAP pockets unfortunately to hold my Stinger.. The pants I was issued from this company (about 6 months ago now) have ALREADY ripped... They feel like they're about as thick as a sheet of paper, and they don't even come close to keeping the rain off of me like the other pair I have.

I've thought about splurging and ordering a couple more pairs of the good ones out of my own pocket, but the brand label has long since worn away so I don't even know who made them.. LOL
    Check out the Elbeco brand with the Poly/Cotton blend... The most durable pants I have ever owned.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I've ripped a couple over the years as well... I've noticed that some of the uniform companies just don't make them like the rest... I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape. I use them as a backup pair when I work day shift, as they don't have the SAP pockets unfortunately to hold my Stinger.. The pants I was issued from this company (about 6 months ago now) have ALREADY ripped... They feel like they're about as thick as a sheet of paper, and they don't even come close to keeping the rain off of me like the other pair I have.

I've thought about splurging and ordering a couple more pairs of the good ones out of my own pocket, but the brand label has long since worn away so I don't even know who made them.. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Ive ripped a couple. Usually because the companies would give me a pair of pants that are just plain too small. They seem to think that me, being a 6'6 290 pound large framed guy can manuever in a pair of pants made for someone who is 6'2 250. Sure I can fit into them, but its the running, crawling, climbing, biking, etc... stuff I have a problem with.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    None. So far.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    I actually ripped a nice hole in my pair of pants today lol.... lucky not to big but it is along the interior leg hem, easy repair

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X