Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pairs of pants have you ripped ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many pairs of pants have you ripped ?

i love polls question is simple i know i have ripped a few pairs of pants in my few years of doing security work.
    0-1
    38.89%
    2-3
    44.44%
    4-5
    5.56%
    6-7
    0.00%
    too many to count
    11.11%
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I actually ripped a nice hole in my pair of pants today lol.... lucky not to big but it is along the interior leg hem, easy repair
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

None. So far.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Ive ripped a couple. Usually because the companies would give me a pair of pants that are just plain too small. They seem to think that me, being a 6'6 290 pound large framed guy can manuever in a pair of pants made for someone who is 6'2 250. Sure I can fit into them, but its the running, crawling, climbing, biking, etc... stuff I have a problem with.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I've ripped a couple over the years as well... I've noticed that some of the uniform companies just don't make them like the rest... I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape. I use them as a backup pair when I work day shift, as they don't have the SAP pockets unfortunately to hold my Stinger.. The pants I was issued from this company (about 6 months ago now) have ALREADY ripped... They feel like they're about as thick as a sheet of paper, and they don't even come close to keeping the rain off of me like the other pair I have.

I've thought about splurging and ordering a couple more pairs of the good ones out of my own pocket, but the brand label has long since worn away so I don't even know who made them.. LOL
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            I've ripped a couple over the years as well... I've noticed that some of the uniform companies just don't make them like the rest... I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape. I use them as a backup pair when I work day shift, as they don't have the SAP pockets unfortunately to hold my Stinger.. The pants I was issued from this company (about 6 months ago now) have ALREADY ripped... They feel like they're about as thick as a sheet of paper, and they don't even come close to keeping the rain off of me like the other pair I have.

I've thought about splurging and ordering a couple more pairs of the good ones out of my own pocket, but the brand label has long since worn away so I don't even know who made them.. LOL
            Check out the Elbeco brand with the Poly/Cotton blend... The most durable pants I have ever owned.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Well who ever makes these pants do not know how to sew! At least double sticth the puppys!

Comment

And the belts ! gees the last one I got snap ,crackle and pop! I think the worst thing every is not the pants tearing but the zipper breaking during your shift!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  I've got a pair of trousers I've had since I STARTED in security almost 10 years ago, that are still in great shape.
                  Damn....

Only thing I've got from when I started in security back in '83 is a maglite belt ring...

I haven't torn anything yet, although I keep losing buttons left and right off my shirts, and that one button on the inside tab of the pants along the waistline...
                  “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                  "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

None - I wear spandex.
                    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

None thus far... but I have had to utilize my seamtress skills to repair a duty pouch strap after I caught it on the car getting in
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

It helps that whenever I get new pants I take them to a little franchise here in Baton Rouge called Golden Needle where the asian ladies will wait outside the fitting room so they can pin up the hem just right and then they double stitch the seat and crotch. They do alot of the uniforms of police and other emergency workers and know how to stitch up the weak points. I've never had a problem after taking my stuff to them. Not cheap but worth the money.
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

None so far.
                          I do some static work but mostly mobile patrol so there's a lot of wear
                          from getting in and out of the car and where my Mag Lite brushes.
                          I'm fortunate in having the decision of what pants I wear, so I choose
                          Propper Black BDUs. Propper makes a nice ripstop BDU and they're
                          really comfortable too.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                            They do a lot of the uniforms of police and other emergency workers and know how to stitch up the weak points. I've never had a problem after taking my stuff to them. Not cheap but worth the money.
                            Sounds like someone's been thinking... and created a nice little niche market too!
                            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I have ripped a few in my 10 years. BDU pants always seem to catch on tree limbs, fences and household appliances. LOL!

Be safe,

Hank.
                              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X