No announcement yet.

The best tip you goten from a law enforcement officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the first five minutes of my intercity post my self and the SO that was going off shift grabbed a guy with coat full of boxes of Aleve pain pills. As the other guy and a cop talked with the perp the cops partner and I made small talk. He offered that he has been assigned to this area station for 17 years. I asked him if it was like this a lot and he assured me that it was often worst than this.

Then he offered that each day several buses pull up down the street and unload any number of folks that have done their time at the state run Universities (Prisons).

He said that most have little money and no place to go so they do what they know best to get by. He could see by the look on my face that I was the feeling like a piece of bait in a shark catching contest. To cheer me up he said look around this place and other than the people do you see anything in here worth dieing for? He stated look good and work smart. I still haven't found anything material thing worth dieing for and will never forget that advise.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
      the best to avoid spit pee or sh**** lol in your food is to bring your own lunch made with love by your girlfriend

If I had access to a microwave, refrigerator /sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
        I generally don't eat at all whilst on duty... if the post is for an extended duration I will bring something from home, drinks are purchased sealed or carried on me (no exceptions)
        Don't eat at all? You must have some constitution. My time in the fire service taught me to eat at least three times a day. Was always amusing to see the guys who skipped breakfast run out of energy when they got a call ten minutes before lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
          Don't eat at all? You must have some constitution. My time in the fire service taught me to eat at least three times a day. Was always amusing to see the guys who skipped breakfast run out of energy when they got a call ten minutes before lunch.
          I work afternoons/evenings predominantly... so I get breakfast & lunch (the 2 most important meals of the day), I just have dinner when I get home
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
            the best to avoid spit pee or sh**** lol in your food is to bring your own lunch made with love by your girlfriend

Unless of course, you've p***ed her off too.
            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

On another note, I have recently had my Gall Bladder removed, and have come to find that a lot of food... well... doesnt stay inside too long. So I rarely eat during my shift, in case an emergency comes over the radio, and another from within my belly come at the same time
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                On another note, I have recently had my Gall Bladder removed, and have come to find that a lot of food... well... doesnt stay inside too long. So I rarely eat during my shift, in case an emergency comes over the radio, and another from within my belly come at the same time
                My wife had hers taken out about 27 years ago. At first she often had to get up in the middle of a meal. It seems to have gotten better.
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

When attending the Air Force Security Police Academy one of our instructors had three sayings he would alternate putting on the blackboard at the beginning of class in the morning:
                  "A moment's loss of concentration could mean a life of misery - -
                  What are you going to say at the hospital?
                  What are you going to say at the funeral home?
                  What are you going to say at the cemetary?"

"Remember always the 21-foot rule!!"

"Never ( ) with a broad with a gun."

When attending the Hamilton County (Ohio) Sheriff Academy, they had the first two posted on the bulletin board in class.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

Here is one that I got from my Father. "You will never get hurt or killed by a subjects eyes"

There is, of course, my favorite saying that described Law Enforcement work the best way possible, "Our job is hours of mind numbing boredom with moments of sheer terror sprinkled in."
                    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Sleep late, drive fast, and don't take any of this **** seriously.

Comment

I found it is hard to eat on the job,unless you gulp it down whole! It seem to me every time I take a bite someone calls or comes up and needs something or needs to ask you a question and there you are looking at them trying to chew as fast as you can and swallow at the same time! and waving your hand that you will talk to them in a second!

Or you try to cover up the tie and you miss and got this big blob of who knows what all over your tie or shirt! I use to relieve this guy at a grave yard when I work nights and every time i saw him he look like he was swimming in the donuts there were more on him then he ate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
                          I found it is hard to eat on the job,unless you gulp it down whole! It seem to me every time I take a bite someone calls or comes up and needs something or needs to ask you a question and there you are looking at them trying to chew as fast as you can and swallow at the same time! and waving your hand that you will talk to them in a second!

Or you try to cover up the tie and you miss and got this big blob of who knows what all over your tie or shirt! I use to relieve this guy at a grave yard when I work nights and every time i saw him he look like he was swimming in the donuts there were more on him then he ate.
                          nights at a grave yard! sounds a little spooky

Comment

I get police officer discounts at the Subway near where I work. Well, not always but about half the time, depending on the person working the register. Our security uniforms look similar to the ones worn by the local Deputies except for a patch on one sleeve. I don't ask of the discount. They just assume and ring it up.
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by dsoul27 View Post
                              nights at a grave yard! sounds a little spooky
                              It's not bad, you just have to watch for the people that are dying to get in

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                                I get police officer discounts at the Subway near where I work. Well, not always but about half the time, depending on the person working the register. Our security uniforms look similar to the ones worn by the local Deputies except for a patch on one sleeve. I don't ask of the discount. They just assume and ring it up.
                                When I worked as a medic with a volunteer First Responder group our uniform was the same as the RCMP. We used to get offered free food too

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X