The best tip you goten from a law enforcement officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best tip you goten from a law enforcement officer

when 1st start out in security 12 years a go i befriended a N.O.P.D. officer by letting him use our restroom. He was working detail.The detail was to block a street in the the French Quater. they had go cans but they nasty as hell as most of us know.Well we took our 10-40 together i got called away for some reason when i got back gave me friendly ear full about never leave drink or food unsecured, reason why people spit, pee, drop it and blow there nose over you food or drink and may try spike it as by pulling a drugs or something poisones in it.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

That's pretty good advice.

I also have some advice for you. In the future, before you hit "Submit," find the little button that shows "ABC" over a check mark.

Then, click it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt koolaid View Post
      when 1st start out in security 12 years a go i befriended a N.O.P.D. officer by letting him use our restroom. He was working detail.The detail was to block a street in the the French Quater. they had go cans but they nasty as hell as most of us know.Well we took our 10-40 together i got called away for some reason when i got back gave me friendly ear full about never leave drink or food unsecured, reason why people spit, pee, drop it and blow there nose over you food or drink and may try spike it as by pulling a drugs or something poisones in it.
      I agree with that. When I was in LE and working uniform I was always careful about where I ate. I remember a case when I lived in the San Diego area where an LE Officer, ordering food through a Jack-in-the Box drive through received a burger that had spit in it. (Cook's revenge). He actually got sick and the spitter was prosecuted.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Subjects contaminating food and drink is part of why I wrote and tried to enforce rules about accepting such things from a particular coffee shop at the mall at closing time.

But, very unfortunately and perhaps one day fatally, after several informal presentations, management decided it was better for morale to accept the perk.

I just never understood that...

wjohnc
        Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
        "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

Comment

I read a story in a Police Magazine where an officer bit into a cheeseburger and suddenly felt a burning in their neck... they investigated the burger and it looked normal for the most part. Upon a closer investigation they found that mixed in the chopped and diced onion was shards of glass.

I dont do fast food in uniform unless I am on really good terms with the staff, such as if a friend is working there who would give me the heads up on any no-good stuff.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
            I read a story in a Police Magazine where an officer bit into a cheeseburger and suddenly felt a burning in their neck... they investigated the burger and it looked normal for the most part. Upon a closer investigation they found that mixed in the chopped and diced onion was shards of glass.

I dont do fast food in uniform unless I am on really good terms with the staff, such as if a friend is working there who would give me the heads up on any no-good stuff.

Just go thru the drive thru and cover your uniform up with a windbreaker. They will be none the wiser!
            ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
              Just go thru the drive thru and cover your uniform up with a windbreaker. They will be none the wiser!
              Unless you're driving the marked patrol vehicle, of course. A Crown Vic/Impala with reflective emblems and a lightbar kinda give you away.

I've dropped most fast food altogether after being posted to a very unfriendly part of the city (where many of the employees of these establishments are suspects I've dealt with, or siblings/friends of suspects, or just general punks) - I now stick to a Subway store in the slow part of town. Not only is it healthier, but you can also watch them make your sandwich.

Comment

Yep, I hide my uniform in drive thrus and go to coffee places that let me pour my own. Sandwich shops where you can watch em put your sandwich together are the only safe places.

I went to a Round Table Pizza place on a saturday, after waiting ten mintues and not even getting my order taken I left. Fortunately I haven't seen that crew back. Maybe it wasn't my uniform, maybe they just treated everyone like that.

Comment

Now I'm afraid to eat tonight. I keep catching the cook smoking in the hotel. (Smoking was banned last year)

Actually I was told when I started in this business that there are 2 employees you do not p*ss off in hotels. Cooks, for reasons already stated & Stationary Engineers (if you don't want to roast in the summer & freeze in the winter).
                  Last edited by HotelSecurity; 07-23-2007, 06:47 PM.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

the best to avoid spit pee or sh**** lol in your food is to bring your own lunch made with love by your girlfriend

Comment

And I thought the movie Super Size me, grossed me out me... Thanks guys, you now take the cake.

I have head similar in the past though, my post isn't near any fast food places (that we can go to) so it's normally delivery here, but we do have a lot food delivery drivers in here on a regular basis.
                      I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

I believe the incident that BHR Lawson is referring to, took place here locally in the north Tampa area. If I am not mistaken, there were two Hillsborough County Deputy Sheriffs that were on a meal break together at a local McDonald's restaurant. The second Deputy also ate and suffered some injury but was not nearly as bad. I do not recall the outcome of the poisoning however. I suppose the only thing an officer could do to prevent others from tampering with their food is to make it at home.

Be safe,

Hank.
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
                          the best to avoid spit pee or sh**** lol in your food is to bring your own lunch made with love by your girlfriend
                          Wouldn't that get the wife upset?
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I generally don't eat at all whilst on duty... if the post is for an extended duration I will bring something from home, drinks are purchased sealed or carried on me (no exceptions)
                            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

There was a case here in Arizona (I think Phoenix area) where a sheriff went through a drive through and ordered a burger meal. He took one bite of the burger and noticed it tasted funny. When he opened it there was crack cocaine pieces inside the burger. He went in and arrested the cook and 2 others. The 2 were sentenced to 5-10 for poisoning and assault, the cook 15-20 for agrevated assault with a deadly weapon, posession of narcotics, and a couple of other things. (I would wonder if deadly force would be authorized, temporary insanity or something because I would have been extremely PO'd)

I still see sheriff's and border patrol all the time at drive thru's. I don't get it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X