Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd question

What is a "Warm body" company?
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

A company with few hiring standards that idealizes hiring someone and putting them to work the same night in a uniform with no training, wanting only a "warm body" to "fill the post". These companies normally have a turn-over rate of every 3 days.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I affectionatly refer to people who conform to the standards of "warm body" companies as "goober guards".
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
        A company with few hiring standards that idealizes hiring someone and putting them to work the same night in a uniform with no training, wanting only a "warm body" to "fill the post". These companies normally have a turn-over rate of every 3 days.
        Which unfortunately covers quite a few outfits. Especially in Florida weather they are well known firms or not they thrive here because of the "right to work" state employment standards. Which really translates into hire and fire you at will. Hire and fire anyone that can fit in a uniform. Some will provide the appropriate training, etc. but they still hire who ever and what ever they can to get a contract and meet the number of bodies required to cover it. Along with sub standard pay for multitasking positions and what is called added services duties not relative to security work. Indeed turn around for some of them are status quo and they just keep hiring as the need for ?warm bodies? exists.
        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
          Which unfortunately covers quite a few outfits. Especially in Florida weather they are well known firms or not they thrive here because of the "right to work" state employment standards. Which really translates into hire and fire you at will. Hire and fire anyone that can fit in a uniform. Some will provide the appropriate training, etc. but they still hire who ever and what ever they can to get a contract and meet the number of bodies required to cover it. Along with sub standard pay for multitasking positions and what is called added services duties not relative to security work. Indeed turn around for some of them are status quo and they just keep hiring as the need for ?warm bodies? exists.
          This is also a big problem in Texas. People are hired and fired every day. There are some differences between Florida and Texas in regard to the security business, but it does seem pretty similar. I can tell you some stories of great successes, even heroic acts, done by security here, but I can tell you many more horror stories about things security guards did after being placed on the job with insufficient or no training at all. Some things have improved since the state police authority, the Texas Department of Public Safety, took over regulatory authority to replace the previous civilian board, but we still have a long way to go to get the companies to act properly to screen and train employees the right way.

Sadly, some of the security companies with the best public reputations are also the worst about putting warm bodies to work or putting "wannabes" to work.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
              Sadly, some of the security companies with the best public reputations are also the worst about putting warm bodies to work or putting "wannabes" to work.
              Exactly. They put most of their effort into PR, Websites, and fancy marketing. Some of them would make good used-car salesmen if you know what I mean.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

It's more like quantity than quality

Comment

If you see me use the acronym WBC you'll know what I mean and it's not white blood cell.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X