X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    Trust me... In about July of last year I started going to the Hospital for what turned out to be me passing gall stones, but no one could figure it out for a couple visits. As I kept going to the hospital with gall stone attacks (VERY painful, felt like a potential heart attack) the medical bills were stacking up. Starbridge and United was my insurance providers.

One year later, I am still paying them off to this day with about $1,500 left

Thank goodness for Canadian Medicare. The wait times might be a little longer & it is not a perfect system by all means, but it sure as heck doesn't put me in debt. (Quebec even has a compulsory medication insurance paln. If your work offers insurance for medication you HAVE to take it. If they don't you have to enrole in the government plan).

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Trust me... In about July of last year I started going to the Hospital for what turned out to be me passing gall stones, but no one could figure it out for a couple visits. As I kept going to the hospital with gall stone attacks (VERY painful, felt like a potential heart attack) the medical bills were stacking up. Starbridge and United was my insurance providers.

One year later, I am still paying them off to this day with about $1,500 left

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by hippieelmo View Post
    I saw some where that there is a maximum payout of $1,000.00 a month. I hope you don't need to be put into the hospital, that would be used up in one day.
    That won't even cover the ambulance ride in some areas

Leave a comment:

• hippieelmo
    replied
    The money I paid into starbridge in monthly premiums, would have been better off had I just put it into a Savings account titled "Lawsons Healthcare" as I was paying a boatload more money than I ever used.
    I saw some where that there is a maximum payout of $1,000.00 a month. I hope you don't need to be put into the hospital, that would be used up in one day.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    The money I paid into starbridge in monthly premiums, would have been better off had I just put it into a Savings account titled "Lawsons Healthcare" as I was paying a boatload more money than I ever used.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    My wife had Starbridge when she worked at Kohl's. From our experience, I wouldn't waste ink filling out the application.

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    I was with a VERY small company, Spartan, in NY and CT and they used Starbridge.

Cheap all around. For the Security Officers and for the company. Not impressed.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    If memory serves me correct I had starbridge at Wackenhut and it was crap.

Wackenhut has Starbridge for supplemental ins but I think now most offices are going with United Healthcare for officers. Office staff is on something different. Not sure what that is, I'll let you know soon.

Leave a comment:

• hippieelmo
    replied
    At GuardsMark with OK heath benefits, not the best. Starbridge is 100% employee funded heathcare and I have found out. Another thing too is GuardsMark where I work is union and US Security isn't. Even though the union hasn't done much,yet.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hippieelmo
    replied
    There is one shift still open at the site. It appears that they offer some cheap health insurance plan called Starbridge Insurance. I recall that Walmart offers this plan to their workers. Has anyone used this before?

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I once flew from San Diego to New York for a job interview. It all depends what your goals are and and how bad you want the job.

Leave a comment:

• hippieelmo
    replied
    I found that US Security Associates is still hireing for the site. Will be paid $13.00 a hour,I get $11.00 dollars a hour right now. I sent a e-mail via there web site with a resume and I out in there I want to work at that the site. Should I call them? I tried to call them last week but I couldn't get any information out them, benefits, shifts that were open. All they wanted to do is set-up a interview. But I don't went to drive over to there office,if they aren't going to hire me(it is far away).

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Guardsmark

When I worked for GM, we had to sign a non-compete agreement that prevented us from working for another company at the same site for a period of one year. GM was serious about enforcing it legally to. They scared the other company from hiring us.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    To be honest, I've seen NW go downhill in the past decade or so. They used to have a lot of contracts in the Portland Metro area, but they ended up getting a bad reputation for some reason... Not entirely sure why, but I'm guessing it's their O&R policy, combined with their ugly uniforms.. (No offense to any members who might work for them, of course.. lol) Last I heard, the only contract they still had in the area was one of the shopping malls. I think the only reason they still have that one is because they actually do MORE than just O&R at that particular site. But that's just my observations.. I'm kinda surprised that G4 hasn't bought them out yet... Maybe the owner's stubborn.. lol
    Well, there's like 3-4 Companies called Northwest in Washington.

This is the one we replaced... http://www.nwss.com/

Theres also...

http://www.nwprotective.com/

http://www.ssnwhq.com/

and some others I believe.

REI, I believe was their single biggest contract. The thing that always made me laugh is NWSS provides security services to the Wackenhut Seattle Office
    Last edited by Lawson; 07-20-2007, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X