No announcement yet.

New Company Taking Over/No Word From Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one shift still open at the site. It appears that they offer some cheap health insurance plan called Starbridge Insurance. I recall that Walmart offers this plan to their workers. Has anyone used this before?

Comment

If memory serves me correct I had starbridge at Wackenhut and it was crap.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
        At GuardsMark with OK heath benefits, not the best. Starbridge is 100% employee funded heathcare and I have found out. Another thing too is GuardsMark where I work is union and US Security isn't. Even though the union hasn't done much,yet.

Comment

Wackenhut has Starbridge for supplemental ins but I think now most offices are going with United Healthcare for officers. Office staff is on something different. Not sure what that is, I'll let you know soon.
          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

I was with a VERY small company, Spartan, in NY and CT and they used Starbridge.

Cheap all around. For the Security Officers and for the company. Not impressed.
            www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

My wife had Starbridge when she worked at Kohl's. From our experience, I wouldn't waste ink filling out the application.
              "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

The money I paid into starbridge in monthly premiums, would have been better off had I just put it into a Savings account titled "Lawsons Healthcare" as I was paying a boatload more money than I ever used.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The money I paid into starbridge in monthly premiums, would have been better off had I just put it into a Savings account titled "Lawsons Healthcare" as I was paying a boatload more money than I ever used.
                  I saw some where that there is a maximum payout of $1,000.00 a month. I hope you don't need to be put into the hospital, that would be used up in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by hippieelmo View Post
                    I saw some where that there is a maximum payout of $1,000.00 a month. I hope you don't need to be put into the hospital, that would be used up in one day.
                    That won't even cover the ambulance ride in some areas
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Trust me... In about July of last year I started going to the Hospital for what turned out to be me passing gall stones, but no one could figure it out for a couple visits. As I kept going to the hospital with gall stone attacks (VERY painful, felt like a potential heart attack) the medical bills were stacking up. Starbridge and United was my insurance providers.

One year later, I am still paying them off to this day with about $1,500 left
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Trust me... In about July of last year I started going to the Hospital for what turned out to be me passing gall stones, but no one could figure it out for a couple visits. As I kept going to the hospital with gall stone attacks (VERY painful, felt like a potential heart attack) the medical bills were stacking up. Starbridge and United was my insurance providers.

One year later, I am still paying them off to this day with about $1,500 left

Thank goodness for Canadian Medicare. The wait times might be a little longer & it is not a perfect system by all means, but it sure as heck doesn't put me in debt. (Quebec even has a compulsory medication insurance paln. If your work offers insurance for medication you HAVE to take it. If they don't you have to enrole in the government plan).
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X