New Company Taking Over/No Word From Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Company Taking Over/No Word From Them

At the end of month the hopsital I work for is switching from Guardsmark to US Security Associates.

I find it strange that no one from US Security Associates has come to ask any of us to come and work for them. I have called and e-mailed(more then once) there branch office and I get nothing from them.

I would like to know what there paying/benefits.

What do you all think?

I think you may be job hunting soon.
    The new company may not have any intention of keeping anyone currently at your site.
    It happened to me about 3 years ago. The chemical plant where I was working rebid the contract and Securitas won. We were told not to even bother applying with them, that none of the guards there would be carried over. One night, at midnight, our guards stepped out of the guard shacks and went home and Securitas walked in and sat in our chairs we had just left.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I've worked the last 30 years of my 32 year security career in-house. I believe Quebec has a law that says when a contract is changed to another company the new company HAS TO offer jobs to the ones already working at the site. Can any of the other people from Quebec that know more about the contract side confirm this? ( I believe it is part of the "decree").
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I was given another site by Guardsmark,so no worry on looking for a job.

I think that is strange that the new company wouldn't want to keep anyone. I have been there for about 6 months. I know that it isn't that long, but I know more about the site then someone just walking in.

Comment

When I was with Wackenhut, we took a site from a Co. called "Northwest Protective". The site was the REI (Recreational Equipment Inc) Distribution Center where all of REI's product comes from.

Northwest had been there for about 30 years and REI decided to switch to an agency that could offer nationwide service to all their stores and facilities. They had me sit in with the guys from Northwest for a week to get a grip on the facility. (It was really an awkward week, there was a big goodbye for Northwest, their site supervisor had been there all 30 years. I felt like I was taking their grandpa away from them)

I was being placed there as the site supervisor, we ended up accepting like 6 of their people and brought in 6 of our own. Within months we ended up firing most of their staff until there was only 2 left.

I eventually stepped down and let and one of the Northwest people became supervisor, which was probably best for the site since he knew more than I did about day to day operations.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

GuardsMark has had this site for about 6 years. The supervisor already left and I'm kinda holding done the place.

US Security Associates is going to come in sometime next and train. I was thinking that is when they might say something? We are not allowed to train them (conflict of interest). I have never heard of not training the new company.

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
              When I was with Wackenhut, we took a site from a Co. called "Northwest Protective"...
              To be honest, I've seen NW go downhill in the past decade or so. They used to have a lot of contracts in the Portland Metro area, but they ended up getting a bad reputation for some reason... Not entirely sure why, but I'm guessing it's their O&R policy, combined with their ugly uniforms.. (No offense to any members who might work for them, of course.. lol) Last I heard, the only contract they still had in the area was one of the shopping malls. I think the only reason they still have that one is because they actually do MORE than just O&R at that particular site. But that's just my observations.. I'm kinda surprised that G4 hasn't bought them out yet... Maybe the owner's stubborn.. lol
              Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
              Originally posted by ValleyOne
              BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by hippieelmo View Post
                At the end of month the hopsital I work for is switching from Guardsmark to US Security Associates.

I find it strange that no one from US Security Associates has come to ask any of us to come and work for them. I have called and e-mailed(more then once) there branch office and I get nothing from them.

What do you all think?
                I am assuming nothing...but sometimes when I company is replaced at an account it's because the client does not want them there. They will specifically tell the incoming company that they don't want any of the old officers to remain.

Comment

Let me put your worries to rest..

Originally posted by hippieelmo View Post

What do you all think?
                  You really have nothing to worry about. My facility is undergoing the same deal. The property owners have sold our facility to another corporate. I have known about his from the start, but not permitted to say anything until a specific date, due to sensativity..

So, you are contacting them, and getting no response back. This is going to happen unless you are in the higher management area. Reason why: By law, the new purchaser is not permitted to talk to employee's until an escrow date has been established and thirty days prior to end of sale take place.

Many things will or have transpired before you get to talk to someone. What happens commonly, is the new ownership keeps the staff, as they are already familiar with their jobs and the site operations. If replacements happen, its in the upper management area.

Your new company is worth the wait!
                  Deputy Sheriff

Comment

When we took over a new site, the owner specifically asked that none of the old guards be hired. So they walked off and we walked in.

It happens.

on the other hand, the company I am currently working for has changed accounts several times in recent years and each time the old guards were kept on.

Comment

In many cases if the company is unionized (which is more often the case nowadays) the union agreements might require that the company offer up the new positions to their own guys by order of senority, so they couldn't hire you and stick you there right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        To be honest, I've seen NW go downhill in the past decade or so. They used to have a lot of contracts in the Portland Metro area, but they ended up getting a bad reputation for some reason... Not entirely sure why, but I'm guessing it's their O&R policy, combined with their ugly uniforms.. (No offense to any members who might work for them, of course.. lol) Last I heard, the only contract they still had in the area was one of the shopping malls. I think the only reason they still have that one is because they actually do MORE than just O&R at that particular site. But that's just my observations.. I'm kinda surprised that G4 hasn't bought them out yet... Maybe the owner's stubborn.. lol
                        Well, there's like 3-4 Companies called Northwest in Washington.

This is the one we replaced... http://www.nwss.com/

Theres also...

http://www.nwprotective.com/

http://www.ssnwhq.com/

and some others I believe.

REI, I believe was their single biggest contract. The thing that always made me laugh is NWSS provides security services to the Wackenhut Seattle Office
                        Last edited by Lawson; 07-20-2007, 04:36 PM.
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Guardsmark

When I worked for GM, we had to sign a non-compete agreement that prevented us from working for another company at the same site for a period of one year. GM was serious about enforcing it legally to. They scared the other company from hiring us.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I found that US Security Associates is still hireing for the site. Will be paid $13.00 a hour,I get $11.00 dollars a hour right now. I sent a e-mail via there web site with a resume and I out in there I want to work at that the site. Should I call them? I tried to call them last week but I couldn't get any information out them, benefits, shifts that were open. All they wanted to do is set-up a interview. But I don't went to drive over to there office,if they aren't going to hire me(it is far away).

Comment

I once flew from San Diego to New York for a job interview. It all depends what your goals are and and how bad you want the job.
                              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X