X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalGuard View Post
    I had the velcro closures for a while, but didn't like the feel so I went with hidden snaps. I used to carry a baton instead of the tazer, but after some thought, it seemed to me that they occupy the same place on the use of force scale. (At least for a security guard.)

I need to buy a hidden snap mag pouch, but I just keep forgetting to do so. I would like to find a quad pouch, basketweave, hidden snap mag pouch, if you have any recommendations.
    For me the Safariland setup was the most comfortable I ever had. At NASA, when I worked in uniform, they had the Sam Brown set up. Didn't like it. As far as tazers go....they hadn't been invented yet

Leave a comment:

• SoCalGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    That is the setup I had when I was in LE...except for the tazer and flashlight. I used Safariland Velcro.
    I had the velcro closures for a while, but didn't like the feel so I went with hidden snaps. I used to carry a baton instead of the tazer, but after some thought, it seemed to me that they occupy the same place on the use of force scale. (At least for a security guard.)

I need to buy a hidden snap mag pouch, but I just keep forgetting to do so. I would like to find a quad pouch, basketweave, hidden snap mag pouch, if you have any recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalGuard View Post
    This is my "class A" rig. Ill post my rough duty rig later.

[ATTACH]1916[/ATTACH]
    That is the setup I had when I was in LE...except for the tazer and flashlight. I used Safariland Velcro.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalGuard
    replied
    This is my "class A" rig. Ill post my rough duty rig later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	duty belt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	221393

Leave a comment:

• ContractSec Level III
    replied
    Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
    [ATTACH]1897[/ATTACH]

Mostly Safariland, and a Streamlight Scorpion X has been added to the left of the cuff case. Also, have added a leather cross-strap to help keep my gut from throwing my belt and pants to the floor.

Oh, and adding a ASP leverage cap to the ASP if Mr. Postman ever brings me my goodies. Wish I could afford a Peacekeeper.
    Why is a hospital security guard armed? And is that a straight baton? (kind of blurry) I didn't think non LE civilians could carry those?
    Last edited by ContractSec Level III; 02-09-2014, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Bump.

My employer got some new Hiatts/TCH hinged handcuffs, so I got a Bianchi Patroltek double cuff pouch. Now carrying one pair of hinged Hiatts/TCH, and one pair of regular Hiatts/TCH cuffs which are my own. Would've wanted to have separate pouches in different positions, but no room for them with the amount and carrying manner of my existing gear.

(Also differing from the image in that I moved the RRT-0 light to a pouch between the handcuff key thing and the Leatherman. Too much stuff in my pockets... *grumbles* )

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130927_231928_386.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	221388

Mostly Safariland, and a Streamlight Scorpion X has been added to the left of the cuff case. Also, have added a leather cross-strap to help keep my gut from throwing my belt and pants to the floor.

Oh, and adding a ASP leverage cap to the ASP if Mr. Postman ever brings me my goodies. Wish I could afford a Peacekeeper.

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Felt bored, so here's an update with an image. Doing mall security with this rig:

Left to right:
    TCH handcuffs
    Vexor OC (stream) in a Peter Jones holster
    Anti-cut gloves
    Handcuff keys
    Leatherman Wave
    Glove pouch (two pairs of nitrile gloves)
    Flashlight: JetBeam BC25 in a Niteize 360 holster
    (Radio would be here, took the image without the radio on)
    Key-bak for well, keys
    21' ASP in a GK Timecop holster

I have a Jetbeam RRT-0 in my pocket as a secondary flashlight. I also keep pens, a notebook, random wipes and band-aids and personal items in my pockets. For the radio I have a personal earpiece which I bought used for 25€, easier to communicate and has the advantage of bystanders not hearing my radio traffic. Planning on adding a second pair of handcuffs with a separate holder between the nitrile gloves and the flashlight.

When working event security I have about the same set-up except for the ASP, as it's not legally allowed to carry one in those gigs. I might also drop the pepper spray depending on event requirements. In door gigs I usually just have the pepper spray and the handcuffs + key on my civilian belt (leather, actually bought it originally as a duty belt and was manufactured for that purpose, but is inconspicuous enough for civilian wear too) plus the gloves, the Leatherman and the flashlight in my pockets. Also, I wear a NIJ II protective vest in each shift whether i'm at the mall, in an event or at the door.
    Last edited by PolarDeer; 09-24-2013, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CTEXSEC1
    replied
    My current set-up

Currently, my set-up is this:

Laptop-to search for jobs
    Cell phone-to set up interviews
    Pen and RIR notebook-to write down pertinent job-related info

Being unemployed sucks and this is my set-up until further notice

Leave a comment:

• bigdog21
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkW View Post
    Uncle Mike's Ultra Duty Belt
    Starting at my left:
    Belt Keeper
    Streamlight Scorpion in a Blackhawk Holder
    Magazine in a Blackhawk Mag Holder x2
    Heavy Duty Metal Key holder
    Gerber Multi-tool in a Blackhawk/Uncle Mike's Pouch
    Belt Keeper
    S&W Handcuffs in an Uncle Mike's Pouch x2
    Belt Keeper
    HK USP Compact .40 in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster
    Belt Keeper
    Saber Red OC Spray in an Uncle Mike's Pouch
    Ive noticed Sabre red is pretty popular with security officers. A lot of officers I know carry it. When I wore a duty belt I carried it too.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog21
    replied
    Originally posted by lilguy45 View Post
    Here is my setup. I'm an armed patrol supervisor out in California

From left to right:

FOX OC
    Glock 21sf with surefire x300 ultra and 230gr. federal HST ammo
    Pelican 7060 flashlight
    Cuffs
    Cuffs
    Radio holder
    Peacekeeper RCB baton
    Surefire fury
    2 glock 21 magazines (i carry more in my bug out bag in my vehicle)

Only thing missing is a straight baton ring for a straight baton that normally sits in my vehicle just in case...I also wear a 3A Kevlar vest

Have you used to Fox Oc? How do you like the safariland holster?

Leave a comment:

• rpmacmurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post
    I'm looking into a 'duty vest'/bodyarmor combo. I'm fairly 'big' and unless I'm also issued a big truck I'd have a hard time fitting into a car with a full loaded belt.

Also think a vest would make going to the bathroom easier, and easier to go from "fully geared up" to "off duty".

Only prob is I don't wanna blow $100s and have companies say "no go" on my new look.

If you're looking to get a good tactical vest/plate carrier at a fraction of the cost, I recommend looking at Condor.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/mopc_mo...e_carrier.aspx

This is the one we've been using at work. There are several good options available..

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    I'm looking into a 'duty vest'/bodyarmor combo. I'm fairly 'big' and unless I'm also issued a big truck I'd have a hard time fitting into a car with a full loaded belt.

Also think a vest would make going to the bathroom easier, and easier to go from "fully geared up" to "off duty".

Only prob is I don't wanna blow $100s and have companies say "no go" on my new look.

Leave a comment:

• TamaDrummer88
    replied
    All these awesome duty belt setups....all i carry on my belt is a flashlight and a radio.

And im a patrol supervisor.

Hawaii's self defense and gun laws suck.

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    Originally posted by PolarDeer View Post
    How come you've resulted in two separate handcuff pouches instead of a double handcuff pouch for both of them cuffs?

I did some setup changes recently, namely moving non-use of force items to different positions for a better setup. I've also gotten rid of the P7 flashlight pouch and replaced it with this. I'm especially in love with the 360 degree rotation which allows hands-free lighting. Very convenient when operating in the dark and needing you
    r hands free for other use, as well as checking papers, handling keys, use of force situations, etc.
    2 seperate pouches is how i ised to.have mine set up. It allowed me alternate options durring UOF situations when and if my dominant hand was occupied. The double cuff case means your cuffs will always be in that location. I had a case aty 5 oclock and a open cuff case at my 11.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X