Your duty belt setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blocka View Post
    I mainly bought them for safety on searches and for those cold nights!

Contract as in I work for other security companies when they need me and im not on there books I just invoice them for my hours. I also work for small businesses that only need one person to do their cash transit or patrolling, and again I just invoice them my hours.
    I had the impression you needed more than a Security License to operate as a Security Company (one man albeit)?

Originally posted by blocka View Post
    I want to build up experience and eventually open up my own company!
    That seems to be the chosen path of many... good luck with that
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
      I had the impression you needed more than a Security License to operate as a Security Company (one man albeit)?

That seems to be the chosen path of many... good luck with that
      To operate a company you do need to get a Security Providers license which costs about $1000AUD but considering Im only contracting as a sole provider I am not deemed a company so I am no different to a Security Officer that is an employee. Except I pay my own tax and superannuation (or lack thereof )

Comment

1200-Buckle
        1210-Speed Loaders x2
        0300- Taurus 82 in Safariland 3x retention Holster
        0400-Streamlight Stinger in holder
        0500-Handcuffs
        0700-Handcuffs
        0800-Silent Key Holder
        0900-Raido Holder
        1100- 26" ASP in rotating breakaway scabbord
        1150- Double latex glove pouch

Back Right- Wallet
        Back Left- Franklin Uniforce Gloves. Kevlar lined, Chem and Pathogen resistant
        Front Right- Smokes and lighter
        Front Left- Car Keys
        Right Breast- Cell Phone, not allowed to wear on belt
        Left Breast- Notebook and pens

Rim of Ballcap- Two pair of flex cuffs and extra cuff key
        Back of badge- Picture of girl I was dating when I started... I'm superstious(sp?) so I'm not changing it until something bad happens or I get in a serious relationship.
        "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
        some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by blocka
          To operate a company you do need to get a Security Providers license which costs about $1000AUD but considering Im only contracting as a sole provider I am not deemed a company so I am no different to a Security Officer that is an employee. Except I pay my own tax and superannuation (or lack thereof )
          So you're like a sub-contractor then? do you have to supply your own public liability insurance in addition to your self funded superannuation?

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
          Right Breast- Cell Phone, not allowed to wear on belt
          Why is that? company policy?
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

It isn't policy but we've been told by are Sargents and Captian not to wear them on the belt. They also said that we have to wear earpieces or they would suspend us for 3 days. My earhugger quit on me 3 months ago... haven't missed a day
            "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
            some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Lets see. Ten year old revolver (retired PD issue). A very heavy Taurus .38 Spl. Cuffs are along the same age. I think my grand mother could brake out of them for they look more like dime store toys. Straight baton that belongs in a land fill. Holster is standard none security issue that would be better off on a kid playing cops and robbers. The manager when he issued it to me; told him the gun would not fit. He took the revolver, shoved it into the holster and banged the end on the floor to make it fit.
              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Your duty belt setup

Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
                Lets see. Ten year old revolver (retired PD issue). A very heavy Taurus .38 Spl. Cuffs are along the same age. I think my grand mother could brake out of them for they look more like dime store toys. Straight baton that belongs in a land fill. Holster is standard none security issue that would be better off on a kid playing cops and robbers. The manager when he issued it to me; told him the gun would not fit. He took the revolver, shoved it into the holster and banged the end on the floor to make it fit.
                If it's that tight to get it in how fast can you draw it? Is it level 20 retention where the the suspect hold the bottom of the holster and bends down? You pull the weapon while place foot on should of the suspect and push off?
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

You don't draw the weapon. Its there for visual intimidation purposes.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                    You don't draw the weapon. Its there for visual intimidation purposes.
                    Hmmm... that'll save on ammunition expenses then

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
                      It isn't policy but we've been told by are Sargents and Captian not to wear them on the belt. They also said that we have to wear earpieces or they would suspend us for 3 days. My earhugger quit on me 3 months ago... haven't missed a day
                      OK, what am I missing here? Why would someone have a policy against wearing cellphones on your belt? I keep my cell in a Uncle Mikes nylon holder on my left side next to wear I clip our radio.
                      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I've changed my setup yet again. Here it is:

Double mag pouch, now worn horizontally instead of vertically, 1:00
                        gun 3:00
                        21" ASP 4:00
                        Garrity flashlight 5:00
                        Handcuffs 7:00
                        pocketknife 8:00
                        600,000 volt stun gun 9:00
                        OC spray 10:00
                        cell phone 11:00

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.

BTW, I'm considering adding a flashlight pouch to my vest carrier. The Pouch on my belt fits much too loosely.

Comment

[QUOTE=tattedupboy;42863]I've changed my setup yet again. Here it is:

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.]

Tatted~
                          Once you have placed your equipment where you want them, you should keep them there. If you keep changing positions on your belt, you'll forget where the item your looking for really is. Remember, muscle memory is key. My firearm is on my left side, slightly forward of my hip. It never moves. My OC is forward of my weapon, that too never moves. Same thing with my magazines! Leave them there.....If you waste just one second trying to think of where you moved your tool of choice, it can be a disaster.

Be Safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

[QUOTE=Hank1;42885]
                            Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                            I've changed my setup yet again. Here it is:

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.]

Tatted~
                            Once you have placed your equipment where you want them, you should keep them there. If you keep changing positions on your belt, you'll forget where the item your looking for really is. Remember, muscle memory is key. My firearm is on my left side, slightly forward of my hip. It never moves. My OC is forward of my weapon, that too never moves. Same thing with my magazines! Leave them there.....If you waste just one second trying to think of where you moved your tool of choice, it can be a disaster.

Be Safe,

Hank
                            Actually, every time I change my duty belt setup, I DO practice reaching for the various items on it in order to develop my muscle memory. Doing so has never been a problem. I don't think that changing the setup is such a bad thing as long as you practice and readjust your muscle memory whenever you do it.

Comment

My duty belt configuration was in it's organisational stage last time I posted anything here, thanks to some valuable input from other members this is the layout I've settled on... and it seems to work a treat for me

From left-to-right...

11:00 Multi tool
                              09:00 21" ASP
                              06:00 Latex glove pouch
                              04:00 Maglite torch/ring
                              03:00 Double Mag' pouch holding mobile phone & backup LED torch
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice clean rig there I see. As I mentioned before, I always carried 2 x extra belt keepers to ensure that nothing moved and for the extra $12.00 US it was worth it (plus 1 of them has the S/W key keeper inside).
                                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X