gun 3:00
    21" ASP 4:00
    Garrity flashlight 5:00
    Handcuffs 7:00
    pocketknife 8:00
    600,000 volt stun gun 9:00
    OC spray 10:00
    cell phone 11:00

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.]

Tatted~
    Once you have placed your equipment where you want them, you should keep them there. If you keep changing positions on your belt, you'll forget where the item your looking for really is. Remember, muscle memory is key. My firearm is on my left side, slightly forward of my hip. It never moves. My OC is forward of my weapon, that too never moves. Same thing with my magazines! Leave them there.....If you waste just one second trying to think of where you moved your tool of choice, it can be a disaster.

Be Safe,

Hank
    Actually, every time I change my duty belt setup, I DO practice reaching for the various items on it in order to develop my muscle memory. Doing so has never been a problem. I don't think that changing the setup is such a bad thing as long as you practice and readjust your muscle memory whenever you do it.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    [QUOTE=tattedupboy;42863]I've changed my setup yet again. Here it is:

Double mag pouch, now worn horizontally instead of vertically, 1:00

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.]

Tatted~
    Once you have placed your equipment where you want them, you should keep them there. If you keep changing positions on your belt, you'll forget where the item your looking for really is. Remember, muscle memory is key. My firearm is on my left side, slightly forward of my hip. It never moves. My OC is forward of my weapon, that too never moves. Same thing with my magazines! Leave them there.....If you waste just one second trying to think of where you moved your tool of choice, it can be a disaster.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    replied
    I've changed my setup yet again. Here it is:

Double mag pouch, now worn horizontally instead of vertically, 1:00

I have keepers between the double mag pouch and gun, right next to the flashlight, right next to the handcuffs, and another one between the cell phone and OC spray.

BTW, I'm considering adding a flashlight pouch to my vest carrier. The Pouch on my belt fits much too loosely.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
    It isn't policy but we've been told by are Sargents and Captian not to wear them on the belt. They also said that we have to wear earpieces or they would suspend us for 3 days. My earhugger quit on me 3 months ago... haven't missed a day
    OK, what am I missing here? Why would someone have a policy against wearing cellphones on your belt? I keep my cell in a Uncle Mikes nylon holder on my left side next to wear I clip our radio.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    You don't draw the weapon. Its there for visual intimidation purposes.
    Hmmm... that'll save on ammunition expenses then

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You don't draw the weapon. Its there for visual intimidation purposes.

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    Your duty belt setup

Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
    Lets see. Ten year old revolver (retired PD issue). A very heavy Taurus .38 Spl. Cuffs are along the same age. I think my grand mother could brake out of them for they look more like dime store toys. Straight baton that belongs in a land fill. Holster is standard none security issue that would be better off on a kid playing cops and robbers. The manager when he issued it to me; told him the gun would not fit. He took the revolver, shoved it into the holster and banged the end on the floor to make it fit.
    If it's that tight to get it in how fast can you draw it? Is it level 20 retention where the the suspect hold the bottom of the holster and bends down? You pull the weapon while place foot on should of the suspect and push off?

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    Lets see. Ten year old revolver (retired PD issue). A very heavy Taurus .38 Spl. Cuffs are along the same age. I think my grand mother could brake out of them for they look more like dime store toys. Straight baton that belongs in a land fill. Holster is standard none security issue that would be better off on a kid playing cops and robbers. The manager when he issued it to me; told him the gun would not fit. He took the revolver, shoved it into the holster and banged the end on the floor to make it fit.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    It isn't policy but we've been told by are Sargents and Captian not to wear them on the belt. They also said that we have to wear earpieces or they would suspend us for 3 days. My earhugger quit on me 3 months ago... haven't missed a day

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by blocka
    To operate a company you do need to get a Security Providers license which costs about $1000AUD but considering Im only contracting as a sole provider I am not deemed a company so I am no different to a Security Officer that is an employee. Except I pay my own tax and superannuation (or lack thereof )
    So you're like a sub-contractor then? do you have to supply your own public liability insurance in addition to your self funded superannuation?

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
    Right Breast- Cell Phone, not allowed to wear on belt
    Why is that? company policy?

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    1200-Buckle
    1210-Speed Loaders x2
    0300- Taurus 82 in Safariland 3x retention Holster
    0400-Streamlight Stinger in holder
    0500-Handcuffs
    0700-Handcuffs
    0800-Silent Key Holder
    0900-Raido Holder
    1100- 26" ASP in rotating breakaway scabbord
    1150- Double latex glove pouch

Back Right- Wallet
    Back Left- Franklin Uniforce Gloves. Kevlar lined, Chem and Pathogen resistant
    Front Right- Smokes and lighter
    Front Left- Car Keys
    Right Breast- Cell Phone, not allowed to wear on belt
    Left Breast- Notebook and pens

Rim of Ballcap- Two pair of flex cuffs and extra cuff key
    Back of badge- Picture of girl I was dating when I started... I'm superstious(sp?) so I'm not changing it until something bad happens or I get in a serious relationship.

Leave a comment:

• blocka
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I had the impression you needed more than a Security License to operate as a Security Company (one man albeit)?

That seems to be the chosen path of many... good luck with that
    To operate a company you do need to get a Security Providers license which costs about $1000AUD but considering Im only contracting as a sole provider I am not deemed a company so I am no different to a Security Officer that is an employee. Except I pay my own tax and superannuation (or lack thereof )

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by blocka View Post
    I mainly bought them for safety on searches and for those cold nights!

Contract as in I work for other security companies when they need me and im not on there books I just invoice them for my hours. I also work for small businesses that only need one person to do their cash transit or patrolling, and again I just invoice them my hours.
    I had the impression you needed more than a Security License to operate as a Security Company (one man albeit)?

I want to build up experience and eventually open up my own company!
    That seems to be the chosen path of many... good luck with that

Leave a comment:

• blocka
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    What state are you in? (Or Country)
    QLD Australia

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I mainly bought them for safety on searches and for those cold nights!

Contract as in I work for other security companies when they need me and im not on there books I just invoice them for my hours. I also work for small businesses that only need one person to do their cash transit or patrolling, and again I just invoice them my hours.
    I want to build up experience and eventually open up my own company!
    What state are you in? (Or Country)

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X