• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
    pocketknife located at approximately 5:30
    double magazine pouch located at 8:00
    Bad, bad, bad.

A knife on your backside and magazines located where you need to reach behind yourself? You'll never draw them out faster than you can when they are located in front of you. If you need to draw magazines, that means you're carrying an empty gun in a gunfight, which means any additional time it takes to reload could equal your life. In addition, what happens if you end up on your back and firing from that position?

Comment

This is my gear so far

On my belt I currently have from left to right,
      -Radio with shoulder mic
      -2D Maglite
      -Glove Pouch (With Damascus HALO Gloves)
      -Handcuff Pouch (with ASP Tacitcal cuffs)
      -21" Baton Pouch

Then I have my 3Litre Camelbak which has my drinking water and first aid supplies

Also pictured are my converse tactical boots

Thats it for me untill I my leatherman and ASP baton arrives (hopefully next week). Then I'll just have to wait till I get my weapons license to add some more gear.

Comment

Hmmm... those HALO gloves & Converse Tac' boots look sweet!

I notice your company utilizes (low power) UHF CBRS radio gear too, did you have to supply your own 2-way or is that company issue?
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy View Post
          Bad, bad, bad.

A knife on your backside and magazines located where you need to reach behind yourself? You'll never draw them out faster than you can when they are located in front of you. If you need to draw magazines, that means you're carrying an empty gun in a gunfight, which means any additional time it takes to reload could equal your life. In addition, what happens if you end up on your back and firing from that position?
          Seems to me that you're assuming the officer doesn't go for his spare mags until he runs dry on the one that's loaded.

From many different belt positions (for the spare mags), it's possible to acquire/hold a spare in your support hand during a firefight if you're trained to do so. The problem isn't usually belt position; it's not thinking about running dry until you see the "uh-oh-chimney" and it dawns on you that further trigger pulls seem not to be resulting in the expected "bang!".
          SecTrainer
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 09-23-2007, 12:56 PM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            Hmmm... those HALO gloves & Converse Tac' boots look sweet!

I notice your company utilizes (low power) UHF CBRS radio gear too, did you have to supply your own 2-way or is that company issue?
            Halo gloves are awesome and the Converse boots are the best investment I've made yet.

All the gear is supplied by me as at the moment I work for myself (contract).
            However In my area most of the Security companies that do use radios all use UHF CB, but many are now resorting to using mobile (cell) phones and not carrying radios at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy View Post
              Bad, bad, bad.

Actually, I have changed my duty belt setup since this last post, and my double mag pouch is now located at approximately 11:00. As for the pocket knife, it is the folding kind, so there is no danger to me of it being located on my backside.

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
                Halo gloves are awesome and the Converse boots are the best investment I've made yet.

All the gear is supplied by me as at the moment I work for myself (contract).
                However In my area most of the Security companies that do use radios all use UHF CB, but many are now resorting to using mobile (cell) phones and not carrying radios at all.
                I'm not really a glove kinda' guy... I guess my idea of a 'perfect glove' would be something akin to a 'second skin' so comfortable they don't effect you digital dexterity, having said that however cold nights do see my Hatch BG800's in constant use

Contract... you mean like a 1 man security company OR casual employee?
                Maelstrom
                Last edited by Maelstrom; 09-24-2007, 10:44 AM.
                "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                  it is the folding kind, so there is no danger to me of it being located on my backside.
                  I picture a brawl with a DK (drunk) your trying to cuff him and another one of his drunken buddies is grabbing at you because, hell your fighting his buddy. As he his groping around your belt he discovers a cool knife, you know the kind, the ones that fold and are of no danger to the owner. Unless, of course it's found on the back, where you have zero defense...

Kinda hard to defend against something that you have no clue is coming.

We're offering up the advise free of charge. Take it.
                  ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                  Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

A reason I LOVE wearing BDUs. Cargo pockets come in handy. I keep my knife in there clipped to the side where I can have it out with the minimum of movement or effort. I cant keep it in the hip pocket because my holster is in the way.
                    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Mine has changed

Now that I work solo, I have been able to shed some gear and move some stuff around a bit:

1200-buckle
                      1210-Zippo in pouch
                      100-personal cell phone
                      115-stupid company Nextel trash
                      300-S&W Sigma .40 & Holster 300 Thigh pocket on BDU's-pocket recorder, mic'd to shoulder In pocket: CRKT Kasper, Old Timer pocket knife.
                      310- 2 Spare mags
                      400-ish-OC spray#1
                      500-Handcuffs
                      700-Other set of cuffs
                      715-Gerber Diesel and Swiss Army knife
                      830-OC spray #2
                      900- ASP
                      Left hip pocket- Pelican MityLite
                      Left Thigh-BDU organizer w/ notebook, extra flashlight&batteries, pen, etc.
                      1030-Keys, res-q-me tool, nail clippers, leatherman micra tool
                      1100-Junk pouch (currently, kubaton, ASP Key Defender)
                      Back pocket:Wallet only on right side
                      Front Left breast pocket: Field notepad and pens
                      Front right breast pocket:Camel Lights

This stuff constantly moves, I don't carry a big Mag-Lite anymore, just stays in the patrol rig. I am still working on getting it comfortable.

Comment

lol, inventory your cigs lol. You keep your reloads BEHIND your holster? never seen that rig before...
                        sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                          I'm not really a glove kinda' guy... I guess my idea of a 'perfect glove' would be something akin to a 'second skin' so comfortable they don't effect you digital dexterity, having said that however cold nights do see my Hatch BG800's in constant use

Contract... you mean like a 1 man security company OR casual employee?
                          I mainly bought them for safety on searches and for those cold nights!

Contract as in I work for other security companies when they need me and im not on there books I just invoice them for my hours. I also work for small businesses that only need one person to do their cash transit or patrolling, and again I just invoice them my hours.
                          I want to build up experience and eventually open up my own company!

Comment

yep

lol, inventory your cigs lol. You keep your reloads BEHIND your holster? never seen that rig before...
                            Hey, the smokes are important. And I keep the mags located like that because I am still adjusting from the way I had them located when I carried my drop rig. I stopped doing it because it hung on everything in my vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
                              I mainly bought them for safety on searches and for those cold nights!

Contract as in I work for other security companies when they need me and im not on there books I just invoice them for my hours. I also work for small businesses that only need one person to do their cash transit or patrolling, and again I just invoice them my hours.
                              I want to build up experience and eventually open up my own company!
                              What state are you in? (Or Country)
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                                What state are you in? (Or Country)
                                QLD Australia

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X