Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior
    replied
    I only use to carry keys and some pepper spray, and I would only use that if I had to fight for my life. The best equipment and the most useful thing I bought was a good pair of shoes.

I use to see some guys walk around with so much crap they sounded like Jacob Marley visiting Scrooge. I never understood needing batons, cuffs and all that crap. Most of the people I worked with I wouldn't trust to carry keys, let alone a baton that could crack someone's skull open. Try using that baton and make sure you hire a good lawyer.

If I were a guard today, I would carry a phone to call for help, a good pair a shoes for walking my rounds and for running away from danger, and I would make sure (already am) to stay in good shape.
    Last edited by Warrior; 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    Reaching way back into my LE days there was a thought trend to stay away from shiny leather. The thought was it reflected light and the bad guy could spot you easier and direct their aim at your belly region. We stated away from the shiny leather. Although I did have a pair of Corfam shoes for parades.
    I was always against it but after being forced to wear one I kinda liked it. Some companies and agencies (Security &Police still mandate these.)

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Similar to what the LAPD considered the "Triangle of Death", meaning the white T shirt triangle visible on the open collar of officers, lending to a point of reference for gang members to aim for whilst trying to shoot a cop...

Leave a comment:

• JoeMama
    replied
    Holy Carp, a GP300 radio still in service

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    Mine, upgraded to all high gloss, except for the cell phone holder for now...

And if I recall, there is already a thread about duty belts...

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...t=10745&page=4
    Reaching way back into my LE days there was a thought trend to stay away from shiny leather. The thought was it reflected light and the bad guy could spot you easier and direct their aim at your belly region. We stated away from the shiny leather. Although I did have a pair of Corfam shoes for parades.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Mine, upgraded to all high gloss, except for the cell phone holder for now...

And if I recall, there is already a thread about duty belts...

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...t=10745&page=4

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by tanko View Post
    12:00 - Buckle
    01:00 - Double handcuff pouch
    02:30 - Belt keeper
    03:00 - Gun holster
    03:30 - Belt keeper
    04:00 - Glove pouch with CPR mask
    07:00 - Radio holder
    07:30 - Belt keeper
    07:45 - Flashlight holder
    08:00 - Collapsible PR 24 holder
    09:30 - Belt keeper
    10:30 - OC Spray
    11:00 - Double mag pouch

All this with a size 28" waist

When I shifted the heavy gear towards the from and evenly distributed the weight, my back stopped hurting within less than a week. All the gear is accessible from both hands, and quicker to get to get to. I've also noticed that it's a lot easier to control a suspect before handcuffing them since the handcuffs are in the front, and I don't have to shift my weight and hide my hand behind my back. I'll see if I can snap a picture tomorrow night of my gear.
    Aren't u right handed (based on fact that firearm is on your right side)?? If so why is the baton on the left side??????

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by Riderboxer View Post
    Congradulations you posted in a 5 year old thread to prove a point. Move on,everyone else has.
    Nope, I don't care how old the thread is...things change. Why have 1000 threads on the same topic? I commented the point of a forum. (That is all)

Leave a comment:

• tanko
    replied
    12:00 - Buckle
    01:00 - Double handcuff pouch
    02:30 - Belt keeper
    03:00 - Gun holster
    03:30 - Belt keeper
    04:00 - Glove pouch with CPR mask
    07:00 - Radio holder
    07:30 - Belt keeper
    07:45 - Flashlight holder
    08:00 - Collapsible PR 24 holder
    09:30 - Belt keeper
    10:30 - OC Spray
    11:00 - Double mag pouch

All this with a size 28" waist

When I shifted the heavy gear towards the from and evenly distributed the weight, my back stopped hurting within less than a week. All the gear is accessible from both hands, and quicker to get to get to. I've also noticed that it's a lot easier to control a suspect before handcuffing them since the handcuffs are in the front, and I don't have to shift my weight and hide my hand behind my back. I'll see if I can snap a picture tomorrow night of my gear.

Leave a comment:

• Riderboxer
    replied
    Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
    LOL, Is this why Police carry spare ammo in the driver's door cubby hole / compartment?
    Congradulations you posted in a 5 year old thread to prove a point. Move on,everyone else has.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    OK, what am I missing here? Why would someone have a policy against wearing cellphones on your belt? I keep my cell in a Uncle Mikes nylon holder on my left side next to wear I clip our radio.
    I know...They had one too many text addicts or someone that spent 7:45 talking on their cell phone during an 8 hour shift.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    The point is that there is a line between 'being prepared' and being a Super Ninja. Does one really need that much ammo? Rememer I was inquiring about carrying 76 rnds.

If you work 50+ miles out in BFE, yeah perhaps. Because it's obvious your going to be on your own for a V E R Y long time till a Deputy or Trooper show up. But, being in or near practically any sized community? No. I am pretty sure that regardless of the agency if any cop hears of an active shooter situation involving a s/o vs. bad guy(s), they will be on scene in record time.

Besides, I don't think you'll ever need that 11th round, or even the 76th, if you get out and go to the range and practice often.
    LOL, Is this why Police carry spare ammo in the driver's door cubby hole / compartment?

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Nice clean rig there I see. As I mentioned before, I always carried 2 x extra belt keepers to ensure that nothing moved and for the extra $12.00 US it was worth it (plus 1 of them has the S/W key keeper inside).
    Thanks

You're absolutely correct more keepers are worthwhile as would be an inner belt (I'll be purchasing those shortly), the only addition I can envisage would be an OC pouch (for the DYEwitness) likely to end up @ 10:00 next to the ASP (I'm left handed)

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Nice clean rig there I see. As I mentioned before, I always carried 2 x extra belt keepers to ensure that nothing moved and for the extra $12.00 US it was worth it (plus 1 of them has the S/W key keeper inside).

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    My duty belt configuration was in it's organisational stage last time I posted anything here, thanks to some valuable input from other members this is the layout I've settled on... and it seems to work a treat for me

From left-to-right...

11:00 Multi tool
    09:00 21" ASP
    06:00 Latex glove pouch
    04:00 Maglite torch/ring
    03:00 Double Mag' pouch holding mobile phone & backup LED torch
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X