No announcement yet.

Your duty belt setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose you're right about there being a line between being prepared and being a Super Ninja, but think about this. Yes, you're indeed correct about the need to practice shooting at the range, but the fact of the matter is that no amount of range practice can ever duplicate a real life scenario, which, unlike the range, has the added element of stress, which can wreak serious havoc on even the best marksman's accuracy. Therefore, no matter what you say about how many rounds are "needed", (and indeed, it is highly unlikely that anyone will ever "need" 76 rounds all at once), I'm going to give myself every advantage possible, because when it is all said and done, my life is worth 76 rounds to me.

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    The point is that there is a line between 'being prepared' and being a Super Ninja. Does one really need that much ammo? Rememer I was inquiring about carrying 76 rnds.

If you work 50+ miles out in BFE, yeah perhaps. Because it's obvious your going to be on your own for a V E R Y long time till a Deputy or Trooper show up. But, being in or near practically any sized community? No. I am pretty sure that regardless of the agency if any cop hears of an active shooter situation involving a s/o vs. bad guy(s), they will be on scene in record time.

Besides, I don't think you'll ever need that 11th round, or even the 76th, if you get out and go to the range and practice often.

Comment

Originally posted by K-9 Aussie View Post
      Honestly it needs to be like a majority of the USA, that being the offender can be handcuffed for their own safety, where it's necessary to detain them til Police arrive and also whenever an arrest has been made.
      Agreed!

Hey while we're at it lets refine the Criminal Justice System a tad more... for example Mr. Burglar slips over while breaking into your property, cuts himself & breaks his leg (bit of a clutz), under public liability he can currently sue for damages

I'm of the opinion that if injured whilst in the commission of a crime (and found guilty), the offender forfeits the right to litigation as they willing chose to put themselves in that situation

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton
      What was funny about the whole thing is the police officer unhand cuff him .So he could put his own on and the guy ran off. After a hour chase we all caught him a block away.
      LMAO... don't they cuff them whilst you're cuffs are still on?
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Not everyone's smart enough to leave the cuffs on while exchanging cuffs. Personally, give me yours, or return mine. Don't take cuffs off someone I put them on.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
          LMAO... don't they cuff them whilst you're cuffs are still on?

No they don't unfortunately

Nearly one year ago now I had a guy that was seriously off his head on ICE. After what seemed like an eternity struggling with the offender I managed to handcuff him (he walked into the local pub and for no reason what so ever KO'd the best patron of the pub.)

When the Police turned up They asked me to remove my handcuffs so they could put him in the back of the caged truck to transport him to the local Police Station. I begged and pleaded with them to cuff him with their cuffs first, and that he was off his brain on ICE. All The Police Officer told me was "It's ok mate, where the Police we know what we're doing and don't need security officers telling us how to do our job".

Sure enough several hours later I receive a phone call from the duty officer asking me did I advise the Police to apply their handcuffs to the offender.

What had happened was they didn't bother to re-handcuff him as he then arked up over having handcuffs back on. When they got him back to the Police Station he played up somehting shocking. He KO'd 3 Police Officers, then faked a heart attack and then once at the hospital KO'd 5 nurses, 2 of them are still off on workers compensation.

A few weeks later I caught up with the same Police Officer that refused to listen to me. Well wasn't he a changed guy. He couldn't apologise enough to me for not listening to what I said to him. We've actually become good friends and now if I cuff someone and the Police turn up, they never argue if I say they need to re-handcuff the offender with theirs tho, they just go straight on!
          A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Pity the other Officers & hospital staff had to get hurt so as the Officer learnt a valuable lesson... take heed of friendly advice
            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
              I know I've been kinda distant, ok I've been away for a while, but just how 'rough' does it get that you need approx. 76 rounds for? (4 mags, 1 in the gun + 1 in the pipe @ 15 per mag)

Just seems odd that's all...
              It may be only once in a lifetime that you would need 76 rounds, but you only get one lifetime. So if you are working in a known hell hole, why not be ready for it?
              ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

I am a Security Officer for a large hospital in Mid Michigan with a nice variety of "Clients" hence the selection I carry.

Starting at Noon I carry

Double latex glove pouch
                Belt Keeper
                Cell Phone Case
                MK4 Pepper - Fox labs 2 percent 5.3 Million SHU Stream
                ASP 26 inch expandable baton in side break scabbard (Superglued as to not rotate)
                Hospital Key Ring
                Belt Keeper
                LED flashlight
                Smith & Wesson Rescue knife with window punch
                Smith & Wesson Handcuffs in case
                Double latex glove pouch (Yes I carry 4 pairs of gloves)
                Belt Keeper
                Smith & Wesson Model 1 Handcuffs in case (For larger & Smaller subjects)
                Key clip for personal office keys & Vehicle keys (we have 4 Trail Blazers)
                Radio & Holster (Motorola HT 1250 LS with Trunking)
                Belt Keeper
                Smith & Wesson Handcuffs in fast draw bikini style case.
                Buckle at front

Yes it seems a bit excessive & believe me at the end of my shift I am THRILLED to shed this, but there are times that I have needed it all.

Comment

Did I read correctly? 3 pairs of handcuffs & a window punch?

Better too much than not enough eh?

BTW those automatic centre punches are cool

Comment

Ok, I'll play too!

Safariland Black basket weave duty belt, 2.25 inch.
                    http://www.safariland.com/images/catalog/87_l.jpg

1:00 Peerless chain link cuffs in bikini case.
                    http://www.peerless.net/product_deta...?product_id=20

Then a 1” keeper.

Then a Glock 23.
                    http://www.glock.com/english/glock23.htm

in a level 3 retention holster
                    http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=14

Then a 1” keeper behind holster.

Asp 26” baton at 4:00, nothing behind my back except a keeper.
                    http://www.asp-net.com/batons.html

At 8:00 is a Streamlight Stinger HP http://www.ombexpress.com/images/400400/FL075.jpg

At 8:30 is a can of pepper spray in the MK-4 size. http://www.streichers.com/ViewImage....ge=dt-mk.2.gif

9:00 is my radio.

9:45ish is a pair of Peerless hinged cuffs.
                    http://www.peerless.net/product_deta...?product_id=10

10:30 is a double magazine holder, horizontally attached.
                    http://www.safariland.com/images/catalog/77_l.jpg

That’s about it. Back-up .380 hidden somewhere.
                    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

-Bianchi AccuMold Elite 7960 Basketweave Sam Brown style belt
                      -Bianchi 20C basketweave double magazine pouch (with two 15 round mags)
                      -Bianchi AccuMold Elite 7906 belt Keepers
                      -Crappy key holder
                      -Motorola Radius P1225 radio with Motorola Mic.
                      -Bianchi AccuMold Elite 7600 basketweave handcuff case(with Peerless model 801 hinged handcuffs)
                      -Blackhawk Level 3 Serpa Auto Lock Duty Holster (with Glock G19 9mm)

Comment

duty belt

my duty belt start with the belt
                        Bianchi Model 7200 – Nylon Duty Belt
                        Bianchi Model 7316 – AccuMold® Silent Key Holder
                        on the key holder is my car key, house key, my lock box in my car, stream light CuffMate Cuff Mate Dual LED Hand Cuff Key,
                        ResQme Seatbelt Cutter Life hammer Glass Breaker
                        blackinton badge # a4684rs on a safariland oval badge holder
                        Bianchi Model 6406 – Belt Keeper
                        Uncle Mikes Pro-3 Cordura for Beretta 92f/s
                        Beretta 92 f/s with a with 3 ported compensator, Houge Monogrips with a magazine of 15 plus 1 in the barrel
                        Coleman folding knife
                        Model 7313–AccuMold® Expandable Baton Holder with ASP Electroless Baton 16 inch
                        Bianchi Model 7307 – AccuMold® OC/Mace® Spray Pouch with freeze plus p 4oz can
                        Bianchi Model 7317 – AccuMold® Double Cuff Case with two pairs of S&W m 100 handcuffs
                        Bianchi Model 6406 – Belt Keeper with hideaway handcuff key
                        Bianchi Model 7328 – AccuMold® Flat Glove Pouch with 2 pairs of latex gloves
                        Bianchi Model 7311 – AccuMold® Compact Light Pouch with STREAM LIGHT stringer XT
                        Bianchi Model 7324S – AccuMold® Universal Radio Holder with Swivel with motorola sp 50+ UHF 10 channel 5 watt short antenna with boom mic
                        Bianchi Model 6406 – Belt Keeper
                        Bianchi Model 7320 – AccuMold® Triple Threat II Magazine Pouch size 2 with 2 20 round magazines that makes 56 rounds on my duty belt
                        the 56 rounds of ammo is Winchester Ranger 9mm 147gr SXT
                        Attached Files
                        CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Currently here is my setup. But I have question I have been wearing my handcuffs at 6:00. Why is that not good and wear should I put my handcuffs and pouch?

1200 - Buckle
                          0200- Key holder / With Keys
                          0300- X26 Taser
                          0330 - Keeper
                          0400 - Baton
                          0500 - Keeper
                          0600 - Handcuffs
                          0700 - Keeper
                          0800 - Flashlight / With holder
                          0830 - Keeper
                          0900 - Radio
                          1000 - Glove pouch

Comment

To demonstrate why its not a good idea:

1. Wear your duty rig and uniform.
                            2. Take your mag-lite or baton into your hand.
                            3. Gently smack your flashlight or baton against your handcuffs.
                            4. Get some Advil, you'll need it.

The handcuffs are hard and rigid, they're metal. They're also pressing against your spine. If you fall, are pushed, or otherwise land on them, they can compress nerves in your lower spine, shatter bone, and generally make your day bad.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

We just upgraded and they provide it all.

Inner Belt
                              Outer Belt
                              counter clockwise from buckle as follows:
                              -ASP Baton slightly angled for cross draw
                              -Key Holder
                              -Cell Phone
                              -Glove/Spare Handcuff key pouch
                              Nothing on the back then continues as follows:
                              -Handcuff Case with Peerless Hinged
                              -Handcuff Case 2 with personal Hiatt Chain Linked Cuffs
                              -Flashlight holder and Flashlight
                              -OC Spray holder w/ OC Spray
                              Then buckle

Technically this belt has no buckle since it is all velcro but ah well.
                              -Protect and Serve-

Comment

Originally posted by SHART1971 View Post
                                Currently here is my setup. But I have question I have been wearing my handcuffs at 6:00. Why is that not good and wear should I put my handcuffs and pouch?

1200 - Buckle
                                0200- Key holder / With Keys
                                0300- X26 Taser
                                0330 - Keeper
                                0400 - Baton
                                0500 - Keeper
                                0600 - Handcuffs
                                0700 - Keeper
                                0800 - Flashlight / With holder
                                0830 - Keeper
                                0900 - Radio
                                1000 - Glove pouch
                                Try swapping your Glove Pouch and your cuffs...
                                ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                                Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X