Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilguy45
    replied
    per my company policy i am supposed to have two separate cuff cases in covered pouches...it dosnt matter where they go on the belt i just have to have them. they gave us a list of approved gear we could use and what NEEDED to be on our belt at all times at the minimum.

the cuff cases in the rear have never bothered me at all. i have worn them like that for over 4 years and never had any back issues. the newest acquisition to my belt is the RCB peacekeeper baton... still kind of warming up to it. its a heavy SOB! but i have read lots of great reviews on it! if it dosnt work out i will just switch to a straight stick like this one....

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    How come you've resulted in two separate handcuff pouches instead of a double handcuff pouch for both of them cuffs?

I did some setup changes recently, namely moving non-use of force items to different positions for a better setup. I've also gotten rid of the P7 flashlight pouch and replaced it with this. I'm especially in love with the 360 degree rotation which allows hands-free lighting. Very convenient when operating in the dark and needing your hands free for other use, as well as checking papers, handling keys, use of force situations, etc.

Leave a comment:

• lilguy45
    replied
    Here is my setup. I'm an armed patrol supervisor out in California

From left to right:

FOX OC
    Glock 21sf with surefire x300 ultra and 230gr. federal HST ammo
    Pelican 7060 flashlight
    Cuffs
    Cuffs
    Radio holder
    Peacekeeper RCB baton
    Surefire fury
    2 glock 21 magazines (i carry more in my bug out bag in my vehicle)

Only thing missing is a straight baton ring for a straight baton that normally sits in my vehicle just in case...I also wear a 3A Kevlar vest

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    Just as an update... Found a heck of a deal on a Safariland rig.

Double mag case
    Holster
    Open top cuff case
    Closed cuff case
    Flashlight ring
    Spray case
    Belt

Not set up for me yet... maybe pics to come... Ya'll don't slam me too hard for it being hi-gloss, it's a steal for $75.00 cash

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaeger View Post

I am also in the process of getting that OC sprayer license, since I figured that when I started carrying the ASP baton and cuffs, I might as well carry the OC sprayer for these gigs. I am not sure of the typical Peter Jones-model sprayer holder, since there might be chances that I'll carry the sprayer with me to my regular suit gigs, where the P175-model is way too bulky.

I'll have to see what G&K has to offer in terms of sprayer holders..
    I'd recommend the one in the GK Timecop series for low-profile needs, I've got one and I occasionally use it in crowd control gigs or certain suit ones especially as the MK4 PJ holster is about as subtle as an elephant in a midget convention. On a general level I prefer PJ though.

Leave a comment:

• Jaeger
    replied
    Alright, perhaps it is my time to also do an update.

Since I started doing retail security "gigs" only very recently and have been "one of the suits" since the very beginning, I haven't felt the need to buy any proper equipment belts and the like. Now when I've started doing retail shifts every once in a while, I've found myself somewhat lacking in a proper belt, but have managed so far.

I've got this sturdy black leather belt as the basis for the stuff I carry. The belt isn't exactly "tactical cordura" and stuff, but it'll have to do until I can muster up some funds for a proper utility belt. For the defence of this belt, I'll have to say that it has done a good job in holding all the pouches and holders on it.. which might be somewhat remarkable for civilian (albeit sturdy!) belts.

I'll do a quick recap:

Left from buckle

Safariland pouch for handcuffs (inside I've got the Peerless 700 Mod cuffs)
    Black generic pouch for a mini-maglite (I picked this little pouch brand new out of a flea market a while back)

Right from buckle

Rotating GK Timecop holster for the 21' ASP baton
    Black generic pouch for nitrile gloves located slightly more towards the back from the baton holder

I am also in the process of getting that OC sprayer license, since I figured that when I started carrying the ASP baton and cuffs, I might as well carry the OC sprayer for these gigs. I am not sure of the typical Peter Jones-model sprayer holder, since there might be chances that I'll carry the sprayer with me to my regular suit gigs, where the P175-model is way too bulky.

I'll have to see what G&K has to offer in terms of sprayer holders..
    Last edited by Jaeger; 08-23-2012, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Would like to amend the above with this with Mk4 Sabre 5.0 Crossfire stream. Except the holster has an extra flap made compatible with local law as security is not allowed to use "open" holsters here.

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    Let's see:

Inmate made belt from prison days
    Right to left

Keeper
    Nametag (retractable string thing)
    OC in Galls nylon
    Keys
    Double keeper
    S&W Model 100 cuffs in Uncle Mikes Nylon
    Keeper
    Cheap flashlight and gerber knife in uncle mikes
    Double keeper (w/ personal keys)
    Kenwood radio w/ Mic
    Old prison key holder with nitrile gloves
    Cellphone
    Keeper

Leave a comment:

• MarkW
    replied
    Duty belt setup

Uncle Mike's Ultra Duty Belt
    Starting at my left:
    Belt Keeper
    Streamlight Scorpion in a Blackhawk Holder
    Magazine in a Blackhawk Mag Holder x2
    Heavy Duty Metal Key holder
    Gerber Multi-tool in a Blackhawk/Uncle Mike's Pouch
    Belt Keeper
    S&W Handcuffs in an Uncle Mike's Pouch x2
    Belt Keeper
    HK USP Compact .40 in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster
    Belt Keeper
    Saber Red OC Spray in an Uncle Mike's Pouch

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaeger View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised that you can afford all of that stuff with these salaries..

Now granted I've only been at this business for about two years in the easier parts of our profession, but if I'd have to start arming myself with all of that gear while having all of the usual bills to pay and what not to financially handle on a monthly basis, I'd go bankrupt in a minute
    Heh, I've bought all that stuff over an extended period of time so it's not really a big salary dent. Though recently when I counted the value of the stuff on me (including the protective vest) it did come to several hundred euros in total.

I think it is despicable how the companies do not provide their security guards with adequate equipment to handle their jobs accordingly. Although naturally having to buy your own equipment does have its' good sides to it as well, but it is still generally very wrong that folks working as security officers are not provided the needed tools of the trade, but are largely required to get their own.
    Well, in retail and patrol we usually get use of force equipment (aside from the OC) on the company. In more riskier sites we also have protective vests. It's just that shared equipment is usually sloppily taken care of by certain co-workers so at least by having as much personal stuff as possible I know that what I'm working with will be in the condition I want it to be. Though I still think that companies here should provide their employees with the basics such as a duty belt and its most basic contents.

Leave a comment:

• Jaeger
    replied
    PolarDeer
    Wow, I'm surprised that you can afford all of that stuff with these salaries..

Now granted I've only been at this business for about two years in the easier parts of our profession, but if I'd have to start arming myself with all of that gear while having all of the usual bills to pay and what not to financially handle on a monthly basis, I'd go bankrupt in a minute

I've worked completely unarmed for the whole time, although recently I finally acquired a pair of Peerless Mod 700 handcuffs off the internet and a Safariland holster to go with them. This is a big step for me, since so far all of the somewhat threatening situations that I've had on my hands have been handled either by talking the subject out of it or just by simply calling the police.

There have been numerous occasions when I've had to consider getting that OC sprayer, but so far getting the license, the can and a holster will cost you about a 100 euros, which is quite alot when with these salaries.

I think it is despicable how the companies do not provide their security guards with adequate equipment to handle their jobs accordingly. Although naturally having to buy your own equipment does have its' good sides to it as well, but it is still generally very wrong that folks working as security officers are not provided the needed tools of the trade, but are largely required to get their own.

Imagine construction workers having to bring their own hammers and stuff- not to mention folks like firemen, police officers or a dozen others..

Leave a comment:

• PolarDeer
    replied
    Left from buckle:
    Handcuffs (TCH/Hiatts in a Snigel handcuff pouch)
    Sabre Crossfire Mk4 stream OC spray on a Peter Jones P175 holster
    A Snigel equipment pouch where I carry either the cell phone or the radio depending on site

Rear: (Try to keep the rear section free from any "hard" equipment to prevent fall damage and such)
    First aid kit (A CPR mask, some band-aids, bandages, wipes and such)
    Glove pouch for two pairs of nitrile gloves

Right from buckle:
    Key-Bak (for car and site keys, handcuff keys, etc.)
    a '21 expandable baton on a rotating GK Timecop holster (if a said baton available)
    A "C" flashlight ring for a straigt baton when there's no expandable one available
    Anti-cut gloves in a vertical glove holder
    Spare handcuff keys
    JetBeam BC25 in a Led Lenser P7 cordura holster (the holster that was delivered with the BC25 is crap so I kept the P7 holster even if changing the flashlight)
    Leatherman Wave in a manufacturer- supplied pouch
    Last edited by PolarDeer; 09-13-2012, 03:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeMama
    replied
    Gotta love the toes peeking in there

Leave a comment:

• War113
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	221330

And for warrior...The gear we carry is not to protect the company...well it is as its a detterent factor.THe main use of duty belts is to protect you when your back is against a wall..(when you have no other choice..)Police will usually arrive when you are already down..

By the way...your lucky to be able to carry firearms..but eh.

You dont see my radio on there and my pr-24..

My belt was ordered from new york as here in quebec basketweaves isnt avalable..even police officer here thinks I have an awesome looking belt.
    Last edited by War113; 01-14-2012, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tanko
    replied
    I took a picture of my duty not so long ago, and though I should finally post it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dutygear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	221329

I switched over to the MEB from the collapsible PR-24 not too long ago. I have to say it's saved me a lot of trouble in the car. BTW, having a 28" waist sucks when you have all this gear.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X