No announcement yet.

Your duty belt setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking into a 'duty vest'/bodyarmor combo. I'm fairly 'big' and unless I'm also issued a big truck I'd have a hard time fitting into a car with a full loaded belt.

Also think a vest would make going to the bathroom easier, and easier to go from "fully geared up" to "off duty".

Only prob is I don't wanna blow $100s and have companies say "no go" on my new look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squid View Post
      I'm looking into a 'duty vest'/bodyarmor combo. I'm fairly 'big' and unless I'm also issued a big truck I'd have a hard time fitting into a car with a full loaded belt.

Also think a vest would make going to the bathroom easier, and easier to go from "fully geared up" to "off duty".

Only prob is I don't wanna blow $100s and have companies say "no go" on my new look.

If you're looking to get a good tactical vest/plate carrier at a fraction of the cost, I recommend looking at Condor.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/mopc_mo...e_carrier.aspx

This is the one we've been using at work. There are several good options available..

Comment

• Originally posted by lilguy45 View Post
        Here is my setup. I'm an armed patrol supervisor out in California

From left to right:

FOX OC
        Glock 21sf with surefire x300 ultra and 230gr. federal HST ammo
        Pelican 7060 flashlight
        Cuffs
        Cuffs
        Radio holder
        Peacekeeper RCB baton
        Surefire fury
        2 glock 21 magazines (i carry more in my bug out bag in my vehicle)

Only thing missing is a straight baton ring for a straight baton that normally sits in my vehicle just in case...I also wear a 3A Kevlar vest

Have you used to Fox Oc? How do you like the safariland holster?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkW View Post
          Uncle Mike's Ultra Duty Belt
          Starting at my left:
          Belt Keeper
          Streamlight Scorpion in a Blackhawk Holder
          Magazine in a Blackhawk Mag Holder x2
          Heavy Duty Metal Key holder
          Gerber Multi-tool in a Blackhawk/Uncle Mike's Pouch
          Belt Keeper
          S&W Handcuffs in an Uncle Mike's Pouch x2
          Belt Keeper
          HK USP Compact .40 in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster
          Belt Keeper
          Saber Red OC Spray in an Uncle Mike's Pouch
          Ive noticed Sabre red is pretty popular with security officers. A lot of officers I know carry it. When I wore a duty belt I carried it too.

Comment

• My current set-up

Currently, my set-up is this:

Laptop-to search for jobs
            Cell phone-to set up interviews
            Pen and RIR notebook-to write down pertinent job-related info

Being unemployed sucks and this is my set-up until further notice
            A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

• Felt bored, so here's an update with an image. Doing mall security with this rig:

Left to right:
              TCH handcuffs
              Vexor OC (stream) in a Peter Jones holster
              Anti-cut gloves
              Handcuff keys
              Leatherman Wave
              Glove pouch (two pairs of nitrile gloves)
              Flashlight: JetBeam BC25 in a Niteize 360 holster
              (Radio would be here, took the image without the radio on)
              Key-bak for well, keys
              21' ASP in a GK Timecop holster

I have a Jetbeam RRT-0 in my pocket as a secondary flashlight. I also keep pens, a notebook, random wipes and band-aids and personal items in my pockets. For the radio I have a personal earpiece which I bought used for 25€, easier to communicate and has the advantage of bystanders not hearing my radio traffic. Planning on adding a second pair of handcuffs with a separate holder between the nitrile gloves and the flashlight.

When working event security I have about the same set-up except for the ASP, as it's not legally allowed to carry one in those gigs. I might also drop the pepper spray depending on event requirements. In door gigs I usually just have the pepper spray and the handcuffs + key on my civilian belt (leather, actually bought it originally as a duty belt and was manufactured for that purpose, but is inconspicuous enough for civilian wear too) plus the gloves, the Leatherman and the flashlight in my pockets. Also, I wear a NIJ II protective vest in each shift whether i'm at the mall, in an event or at the door.
              Last edited by PolarDeer; 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130927_231928_386.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	221388

Mostly Safariland, and a Streamlight Scorpion X has been added to the left of the cuff case. Also, have added a leather cross-strap to help keep my gut from throwing my belt and pants to the floor.

Oh, and adding a ASP leverage cap to the ASP if Mr. Postman ever brings me my goodies. Wish I could afford a Peacekeeper.
                "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

• Bump.

My employer got some new Hiatts/TCH hinged handcuffs, so I got a Bianchi Patroltek double cuff pouch. Now carrying one pair of hinged Hiatts/TCH, and one pair of regular Hiatts/TCH cuffs which are my own. Would've wanted to have separate pouches in different positions, but no room for them with the amount and carrying manner of my existing gear.

(Also differing from the image in that I moved the RRT-0 light to a pouch between the handcuff key thing and the Leatherman. Too much stuff in my pockets... *grumbles* )

Comment

• Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
                    [ATTACH]1897[/ATTACH]

Mostly Safariland, and a Streamlight Scorpion X has been added to the left of the cuff case. Also, have added a leather cross-strap to help keep my gut from throwing my belt and pants to the floor.

Oh, and adding a ASP leverage cap to the ASP if Mr. Postman ever brings me my goodies. Wish I could afford a Peacekeeper.
                    Why is a hospital security guard armed? And is that a straight baton? (kind of blurry) I didn't think non LE civilians could carry those?
                    Last edited by ContractSec Level III; 02-09-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• This is my "class A" rig. Ill post my rough duty rig later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	duty belt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	221393
                      http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalGuard View Post
                        This is my "class A" rig. Ill post my rough duty rig later.

[ATTACH]1916[/ATTACH]
                        That is the setup I had when I was in LE...except for the tazer and flashlight. I used Safariland Velcro.
                        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
                          That is the setup I had when I was in LE...except for the tazer and flashlight. I used Safariland Velcro.
                          I had the velcro closures for a while, but didn't like the feel so I went with hidden snaps. I used to carry a baton instead of the tazer, but after some thought, it seemed to me that they occupy the same place on the use of force scale. (At least for a security guard.)

I need to buy a hidden snap mag pouch, but I just keep forgetting to do so. I would like to find a quad pouch, basketweave, hidden snap mag pouch, if you have any recommendations.
                          http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalGuard View Post
                            I had the velcro closures for a while, but didn't like the feel so I went with hidden snaps. I used to carry a baton instead of the tazer, but after some thought, it seemed to me that they occupy the same place on the use of force scale. (At least for a security guard.)

I need to buy a hidden snap mag pouch, but I just keep forgetting to do so. I would like to find a quad pouch, basketweave, hidden snap mag pouch, if you have any recommendations.
                            For me the Safariland setup was the most comfortable I ever had. At NASA, when I worked in uniform, they had the Sam Brown set up. Didn't like it. As far as tazers go....they hadn't been invented yet
                            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X