Your duty belt setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your duty belt setup

I'm pretty sure that there have been previous forums on this topic, but I want to discuss it again. Basically, I'm starting this thread out of curiosity simply to find out what all of you carry while at work (by that I mean firearms, as well as other duty belt accessories such as extra ammo, flashlight, handcuffs, etc.). Also, do you or are you allowed to carry an extra firearm, concealed or unconcealed? Are your duty weapon and duty belt accessories your own, or were they given to you by the company?

I carry a 9mm Hi Point C9 as my duty weapon (I bought it and all my duty belt accessories; I only purchased the Hi Point because it was all I could afford, so please take it easy on me.). It and all my duty belt accessories were purchased by me. My duty belt is set up like so:

OC spray located at 12:30
    keeper located at 2:00
    firearm located at 3:00
    21-inch ASP located at 4:00
    keeper located at 5:00
    pocketknife located at approximately 5:30
    handcuffs located at approximately 6:30
    keeper located at 7:00
    double magazine pouch located at 8:00
    surefire flashlight located at 9:00
    keeper located at approximately 9:30
    cell phone located at 10:30
    600,000 volt stun gun located at 11:30

Everything is nylon, except for the keepers, which are basketweave, and my baton holder, which is a polycarbonate plastic.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-18-2007, 09:25 PM. Reason: Want to change title

Keys located at 11:55
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Lunch located at 1200; dinner at 1830.

Comment

My current set up is as follows from right to left:

Bianchi Accumold double mag case ( 2 Glock mags )
        Belt Keeper
        Safariland SS III holster with glock 19
        Belt Keeper
        Bianchi Accumold Single Cuff case with Peerless cuffs
        Bianchi Accumold Glove Case
        Bianchi Accumold Single cuff case with peerless cuffs
        Belt keeper
        Bianchi Accumold stinger holder with polystinger
        Bianchi Accumold Radio holder with radio and lapel mic
        Drop leg taser m-26 holster with m-26 taser
        Belt keeper
        Monadnock baton holder with auto lock 21" baton
        Bianchi Accumold MK-3 case with MK-3 spray

The belt is Bianchi Accumold and all items except the taser are mine. The taser is issued at the start of shift.
        Robert
        Here endith the lesson

Comment

I work plainclothed with a badge on a chain around my neck. Under my suit I have:

2:00- Large ring of keys
          4:00- Mini Mag led flashlight
          5:00- CPR mini pocket mask
          7:00- Handcuffs
          8:00- Cellphone
          9:00- More keys
          Breast pocket- Key cards (emergency, Grand Master Authorization, double lock on, double lock off)
          Left jacket pocket- Note pad, more keys
          Right jacket pocket- latex gloves

I carry the walkie-talkie in my hand but it fits into the right jacket pocket when necessary
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I've posted it before, but heck, why not again, right?

12:00 - Buckle, obviously.. lol (Belt is Bianchi Accumold, as is almost all the gear)
            12:05-2:00 - Double mag pouch, positioned sideways
            2:30 - Keeper
            3:00 - Walther P99 9mm, in an Uncle Mike's PRO-3 holster
            4:00 - Winchester multi-tool in it's own pouch
            4:30 - Keeper
            5:00 - Hiatt cuffs in single case
            6:00 - Glove/pager pouch with rubber gloves
            7:00 - Hiatt cuffs in single case
            7:30 - Keeper
            8:30 - (Only if working night shift) Stinger XT
            9:00 - Radio holder
            10:00 - 26" ASP baton in rotating scabbard (Angled slightly forward, for a cross-draw)
            10:30 - Keeper
            11:30 - MK3 OC spray

No taser at the moment. I'd probably have to do some serious re-arranging to make it fit right now, because I would want to go with the cross-draw if I started carrying one..

Tattedupboy: I'm curious... You said your double mags is at about 8:00? How well does that work for you? I've seen some guys carry them at 9:00, opposite the weapon before, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone carrying them that far back before... Any advantages/disadvantages you've noticed compared to carrying them up front?
            Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
            Originally posted by ValleyOne
            BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
            Shoulda called in sick.
            Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
              I've posted it before, but heck, why not again, right?

12:00 - Buckle, obviously.. lol (Belt is Bianchi Accumold, as is almost all the gear)
              12:05-2:00 - Double mag pouch, positioned sideways
              2:30 - Keeper
              3:00 - Walther P99 9mm, in an Uncle Mike's PRO-3 holster
              4:00 - Winchester multi-tool in it's own pouch
              4:30 - Keeper
              5:00 - Hiatt cuffs in single case
              6:00 - Glove/pager pouch with rubber gloves
              7:00 - Hiatt cuffs in single case
              7:30 - Keeper
              8:30 - (Only if working night shift) Stinger XT
              9:00 - Radio holder
              10:00 - 26" ASP baton in rotating scabbard (Angled slightly forward, for a cross-draw)
              10:30 - Keeper
              11:30 - MK3 OC spray

No taser at the moment. I'd probably have to do some serious re-arranging to make it fit right now, because I would want to go with the cross-draw if I started carrying one..

Tattedupboy: I'm curious... You said your double mags is at about 8:00? How well does that work for you? I've seen some guys carry them at 9:00, opposite the weapon before, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone carrying them that far back before... Any advantages/disadvantages you've noticed compared to carrying them up front?
              That's how I've always carried it. Once muscle memory becomes accustomed to the position of anything, including the double mag pouch, that is always the most natural place for it. I tried putting it in the front for a little while, but it was uncomfortable for me because it made bending down difficult for me. Besides, it's not as if putting the mag pouch in the 8:00 position makes accessing them any more difficult than putting them up front; like I said, it's simply a matter of developing muscle memory.

Comment

Being as I'm still quite the novice, I'm frequently reassessing/adjusting my duty belt layout (till I find what works for me best)

Keeper
                1:30 Latex gloves pouch
                3:00 Keys
                3:30 Maglite holder & Maglite
                Keeper
                6:00 Multi-tool & pouch
                Keeper
                8:30 Double magazine pouch (just the right size for my cell phone & spare hi-intensity LED torch)
                Keeper

I've yet to assign a position for the radio gear I sometimes carry (and yet to get a duty pouch) and yes the keys are in conflict with the Maglite, but being predominantly left handed it kinda' works for me
                "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
                  Lunch located at 1200; dinner at 1830.
                  HAHAHAHHA I couldnt stop laughing...

Myu belt is like this
                  6:00: Radio
                  7:00; Handcuffs
                  8:00: Kevlar Gloves
                  9:00: Latex glove pouch.
                  around 1:00 Pocket mask

And I used to have many other things like asp but now in a correctional center we can't carry many things so,
                  Last edited by War113; 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM.
                  Ain't war hell?

Comment

Duty Belt

I have become attached to my belt. It has been with me through out my career in both private and campus security.

It is an Uncle Mike's Nylon belt.

1200-buckle
                    0100-duty keys
                    0200-OC
                    0300-cell phone
                    0400-med gloves
                    0500-handcuff 1
                    0700-handcuff 1
                    0800-cpr mask smallest kind
                    0900-radio
                    1000-streamlight
                    1100-pocket recorder
                    1130-multi tool

I tend to cary a lot as I go out on the bicycle or tend to be away from my patrol unit often. Since we are not armed this is the set up. When I was armed the 9mm went on my right side and the belt had half the stuff on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                      Keeper
                      6:00 Multi-tool & pouch
                      Keeper
                      Originally posted by War113
                      6:00: Radio
                      I could be mean, and just let you guys learn the hard way, but then what would the point of a professional meeting place like this be?

I highly recommend that Officers NOT wear anything hard (or even fairly solid) directly in the center of the back of their belt. If you fall/get pushed/knocked over (etc.), you'll find one of the worst pains in the world is a badly bruised tailbone. (I found out the hard way, myself... I USED to carry a double cuff case dead center in the back... First time I got shoved into a park bench, I discovered this wonderful pain... That lasted for like 3 WEEKS..)

As it is, it's debatable whether my wearing my rubber glove pouch there is good or not, but at least it's a soft, pliable item, rather than cuffs, a radio, or anything else that's solid...

Not trying to criticize or anything, just putting my own misfortune(/experience?) out there for everyone's benefit..
                      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                      Originally posted by ValleyOne
                      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                      Shoulda called in sick.
                      Be safe!

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the input... I had noticed it was a little annoying in the small of my back whilst getting into my car, as I said originally I'm still the novice so I'll try relocating this tool elsewhere on the duty belt

Avoiding back pain/damage should be a priority as you only get one back eh?
                        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I think I've done this one before, but let's see:

1215- Personal Nextel usually hangs here in the loop created by doubling back the belt

1245- Keeper
                          1300- OC foam (MK4)
                          1500- Holster w/ Glock
                          1620- Baton
                          1630- Keeper
                          1900- Keeper w/ hidden cuff key
                          1915- Cuff case w/ S&W cuffs
                          2000- Surefire G2Z in Blade-Tech holster
                          2100- Client radio (Moto XTS5000 UHF)
                          2145- Keeper
                          2200- Key holder
                          2300- Open-top Bianchi mag pouch w/ 2 additional mags

Additionals:
                          - Emerson "Combat Karambit" knife in the right front pocket
                          - Fisher space pen in left front pocket
                          - Notebook, creds and first aid 'cheater' skills card in right breast pocket
                          - Client Nextel in left breast pocket

I also have a "Cold Steel Urban Pal" knife and another cuff key hidden elsewhere.

Comment

“Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

For some reason I felt compelled to answer this one....

All Bianchi basketweave leather except for the Taser brand holster and Shurefire holster.
                              0100 Handcuff key on a keeper
                              0300 Sig 220 in a Safariland SLS holster
                              0400 First Defense MK-4
                              on my back is two single cuff cases, on both sides of spine so that if I fall it wont paralyze me.
                              1930 21" ASP
                              2000 Surefire light in bezel down holster
                              2100 Taser X26c in left hand holster
                              2200 - 2300 horizontal dual mag pouch.

For rough duty I usually have Accumold gear with the same setup except I use a vertical quad mag pouch and a drop leg Taser holster on the left leg.

California Security Blog
                              Domain Registration Services

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X