What you going to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you going to do?

Had an interesting day today. A room was found with towels, bathrobe & bedsheets with "a lot" of blood on them. A new Housekeeper (1 week) decided to clean the room & throw away all the bloodied soft goods WITHOUT calling security. The drain that leads from this room backed up on a lower floor causing a flood. The room had been sold to a woman from Montreal. (Not from out of town).

It is prue speculation but I suspect someone preformed an abortion & flushed the remains. Even though most of the evidence had been thrown out (it was still in the compactor in the hotel) I needed to call the police.

The police came. They interviewed the staff. They investigated the name of the person who rented the room. (We took a photocopy of her driver's license. The woman had a crinial record that was "all dressed", including being a prostitute.

The police constables decided that there was not enought evidence to continue an investigation. Case closed. Clean the room & resell it. What are you going to do?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Log it, fill out a Special Incident Report and file it. Not much else to do.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post

That's about all that can be done. I would talk to housekeeping about getting their people training about when to call security. As if that ever does any good.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

This new housekeeper, is it possible the the woman figured she was new and maybe said "Here's 50 bucks, don't say nothing about room X"?

Of course, after the fact is all speculation, but I would speak to the housekeeper involved again about why, if there was that amount of blood, did she (or he) not think to call or mention it to anyone? and to just think "Oh well, just another mess..."

1) It may have been a pregnancy as a result of rape (I doubt it however, if the woman was a "Pro"...) and the person allegedly self aborted out of fear of retaliation or humiliation, or feels incapable of caring for a child given her choice of "work"...

2) Could be her pimp found out she was pregnant and figured he'd rather "clean her out" instead of having one of his Moneymakers out of commission for a few months...

3) The housekeeper is a foreign worker (much like we we get in Killington as seasonal), and is undocumented in any shape or form, and fears being deported if a further investigation into her status is conducted...

I don't know what the laws are in Canada regarding abortion, legal or not, but by the sounds of it someone did something [i]beaucoup[i/] wrong; Hell, it could be something entirely different from a suspected abortion in nature...

Was the woman seen leaving the premises?
        If so, did she appear to act normally?
        Was she alone when she originally got the room?
        Did she appear apprehensive or nervous?
        Were there outside phone calls made to the room she was in during that time?
        If she was known to "sell" herself, were any of her "co-workers" questioned by "Le Gendarmerie" regarding if she had possibly said anything to them about it?

I really would like to know if anything further comes of this... If whatever evidence is left could possibly be attributed to/constitute a criminal act, then the room renter as well as the housekeeper should be charged with destroying (possible) evidence, failure to report a possible crime, impeding an investigation...

The whole thing is entirely too "Fishy" sounding to me...
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Whole room is a biohazard scene. Does your housekeeping staff have PPE training? I'm surprised, I don't know a housekeeper (even an illegal) who would step foot in that room... They clean up a lot of things but a room full of blood most won't touch: They don't want the cooties.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

A little more information. When I write HOUSEKEEPER I mean SUPERVISOR. The original scene was found by the Maid, who called the Housekeeper. The Maid did do the right thing, she called her boss. It's the boss who screwed up big time. She knows she made a big mistake. Sp much so that she came back to the hotel to meet with the police 5 hours after her shift ended.

The woman was not alone. She was with another woman. Neither appeared pregnant. She paid cash so simply left the hotel without passing by the front desk. No one saw them leave.

My biggest question is how could 2 Constables make a decision to decide that the case did not require further investigation? All the evidence was in the compactor (granted it would have een one heck of a job to go through garabge bags from 500 rooms but it could have been done) Maybe I watch too much CSI but I believe in a situation like I believed happened there are different fluids involved besides blood. We still had the bedspread.It could have been examined.

Comment

I would have thought anyone in this day and age who watches law and order, csi etc, would know better.

What if the blood had hepatitis, or hiv or something. I'd worry about what else is now contaminated.

Comment

This is this new Housekeeper's first week alone. She was working with others training for about 2 months. 2 weeks ago she got pricked by a syringe left in garbage by a guest that had checked out. She has been going to the hospital for the AIDS, Hep. etc shots ever since. This is probably why she was not afraid of the blood.

Wrst thing of all is that 3 years ago during the 101 day strike/lockout she worked for me in security. She really should have known better

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                  My biggest question is how could 2 Constables make a decision to decide that the case did not require further investigation?
                  Would it have something to do with chain of evidence? I mean the stuff in the trash would arouse interest, but linking it back to the room may proove difficult... just surmising.

BTW did you establish what exactly was blocking the pipes?
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

what do in case like that

One word training.
                    Have a monthly meeting with each section of the hotel.
                    Do a Q&A with the staff, like in case of fire or bomb scare what you do? just Add if fine room covered in blood thats all.
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                      Would it have something to do with chain of evidence? I mean the stuff in the trash would arouse interest, but linking it back to the room may proove difficult... just surmising.

BTW did you establish what exactly was blocking the pipes?
                      We did not throw out the bedspread. We could establish the chain of evidence for it. There was blood in the sink & bathtub too. I'm sure evidence could have been found there.

What ever was blocking the pipe was pushed down & out to the sewer system.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt koolaid View Post
                        One word training.
                        Have a monthly meeting with each section of the hotel.
                        Do a Q&A with the staff, like in case of fire or bomb scare what you do? just Add if fine room covered in blood thats all.
                        No budget to have monthly meetings. For the people attending & for me! I give a lot but there is a limit. I supervise 3 hotels but also work one of the 8 hour shifts at one of them. I'm supposed to finish at 23h00. It's rare that I leave before 24h00. I'm then on call 7 days a week until 05h00 for telephone consultation. For this I'm paid about 75 cents an hour more than a normal full time Officer. (I also get the full insurance, they just get it for medication).

Comment

Hmmmm

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post

Ditto. You and the police have done all that you can possibly do and unless someone confesses something, there is little to nothing else you can do.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X