National Night Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Night Out

I'm curious if anyone here will be attending or participating in National Night Out this year?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Every year I mean to attend, but I never do. I live in a "very safe" community and I guess the people that live around me just aren't very interested in getting together as a group.

I am guessing that if the neighborhood started having issues, that would change.

Comment

National Night Out is a big deal around here. We're in a small, but extremely high-crime town. Naturally, block-watch groups have popped up all over town, and this is their big night for recruiting... Last year, the PD Chief tried to drive around and at least make an appearance at each group's meeting, but ended up only having time to hit about half of them because there were just too many...lol

I've noticed in the couple years I've lived here, that the area seems to be split completely in 2... One half is the law-abiding citizens who want to make their community better, and the other half is the druggies/criminals... There doesn't seem to be a lot of 'grey area' around here...

As far as participating, I probably will, as I'm a member of my local group.
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

Not doesn't sound too much unlike Vancouver.

Comment

My Security Department participates annually by finger printing children for kidCare ID.

I also participate in the event with the Police Reserves, who do a lot of the grunt work with setting the park up for the event.

Comment

I don't participate and, in fact, don't even know when NNO is scheduled for this year.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I don't think its that popular in the south.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

In Montreal they have a women's "Take Back the Night" march. I think it takes place in the fall. I do not know if it is related to this event.
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I wonder why more security agencies aren't involved in this event.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                    I wonder why more security agencies aren't involved in this event.
                    Because we are all busy working nights?
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                      Because we are all busy working nights?
                      True, so true. I'm working 7 nights in a row this week. I May get a night off Monday, Maybe.

Comment

What I mean is, why aren't more companies using this as part of their crime reduction efforts on residential properties.

I know that at least some apartment and property management clients actually expect a reduction in crime when they hire a security guard for their property.

Comment

Well, National Night Out was a huge success for one of our clients. The weather was perfect (it rained last year), and everyone had a great time. Here is a sampling of the pictures we took throughout the evening.

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

cool. I get so jealous of you guys who have real patrol cars with professional looking decals and lighting. I get a minivan with a minibar which blows the fuse in the lighter plug half the time you plug it in.

Comment

I have worked every National Night Out night for the last few years, so I havent participated in anything really.
                              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X