Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guard who says he was shot at a power substation lied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard who says he was shot at a power substation lied.

Story Created: Jun 28, 2007

Story Updated: Jul 5, 2007
    Security Guard Staged 'Shooting'
    Tom Murray
    GLENDALE - A security guard who said he was shot last week allegedly made the whole thing up.

Glendale police said the guard admitted that he fired twice at his bulletproof vest. He then shot himself twice in the chest with a paintball gun so he would have bruises.

The district attorney's office is considering charges.

The incident happened on June 27 at 2741 W. Mill Road.

The guard called 911 and said a man had fired two shots into his chest. The guard said the attack happened during routine patrol of a high-voltage power substation near Mill Road and Teutonia.

When the guard called 911, he first told a Milwaukee County Sheriff's operator, "I've just been shot."

911 operator: "Where?"
    Security guard: "In the chest."

The 911 call was transferred to Glendale police:

911 operator: "Is this person that shot you still there?"
    Security guard: "No."
    911 operator: "Did you know this person?"
    Security guard: "No."
    911 operator: "Do you need an ambulance?"
    Security guard: "I think so. I'm wearing body armor, but I can't breathe very well."

Officers surrounded the industrial area but were unable to find any suspect. The guard told investigators he only got a brief look at the attacker and that he is unsure why he was shot.

Two days later, the guard admitted to Glendale detectives that he had staged the entire incident.

He was taken to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Division on a Law Enforcement Emergency Detention. When he is released, the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office will review the case for possible criminal charges.

The guard works for Wackenhut Corporation, a private security firm hired by American Transmissions Company. ATC owns and operates the power substation.

The guard's name has not been released.
    sigpic

I guess they must be like Minnesota. No psych eval to obtain a handgun carry permit...
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

There is already a thread about this over in "Line of Duty Deaths & Injuries".
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Sorry, did not know that
        sigpic

Comment

Not a problem.
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
            I guess they must be like Minnesota. No psych eval to obtain a handgun carry permit...
            There is no handgun carry permit in Wisconsin. Simple possession of a firearm is legal (except in one village), and open carry of a firearm (going armed) is legal (but they'll arrest you for public disorderly in SE Wisconsin.)

I can walk into Gander Mountain, buy an XD and a holster, put the gun on in the parking lot and walk home. The moment I get in a car, I'm violating a DNR rule that says people (supposed to be hunters) cannot travel in a motor vehicle with a firearm that does not have accessible ammunition.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Another reason I am not preferable to Wackenhut or Securitas.. Both agencies are more interested about the bottom dollar, then the mentality of those they hire.. I think I am going to be sick!
              Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director View Post
                Another reason I am not preferable to Wackenhut or Securitas.. Both agencies are more interested about the bottom dollar, then the mentality of those they hire.. I think I am going to be sick!
                They are off-shore companies and don't give a damn anyway.

Comment

A little painful way of getting attention, don't you think?

In the good old days the security guard would start a small fire, "discover it", put it out & become the hero. Mamy nuildings have been lost when the small fire got out of hand.

I fired a person who worked for me who I strongly suspected of doing this. (They did not get out of hand). He was replacing someone who was on vacation. He needed a job really bad. He was begging me to find him a full time position. The last night of his week he discovered & put out 2 fires in 2 washrooms. It was one of the hotels out by the airport. The 2 public washrooms are never used in the middle of the night. People do not walk into the hotel which is in an industrial park overnight. One of the entrances was covered by a camera. No one went down to the washroom. I could not prove this guy did it but I am 99.9% sure he did. I fired him because when he called me to report what happened I ordered him to do continuous patrols in case the suspect was still in the hotel. I watched the video from the front desk camera the next day & saw that he spent most of his night talking with the Night Auditor.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X