Security Guards Shot While On-Duty Honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guards Shot While On-Duty Honored

It's been two months since two security guards with Bower Security were shot-at while on-duty in Cathedral City.

Now, those two men are being honored for their heroism on that tense night.

Sergio Vela was one of the security guards who were shot during a patrol at a shopping center on Date Palm and Dinah Shore back in May.

Vela and the other guard were hospitalized in serious condition.

Vela's family members say they feared the worst when they learned of the shooting.

"I didn't know if he was alive or if he was already dead. I was just in shock and didn't know what was going on at the time," said one family member

The two soon recovered from their injuries.

Police later arrested 28-year-old Gregory Gutierrez for the shooting.

Now nearly two months later, the two men were recognized for their bravery in what was said to be a "selfless" act.

Vela says all he had on his mind when he was injured was his child.

"My daughter was the first thing that I thought of. Her picture was just in my head."

Sergio says he's ready to get back to work, but he's still in recovery and says he's very appreciative for the recognition the community and his company has given to him, his family and his partner.

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=6783148&nav=9qrx
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

finally some one has given praise to the thankless job we do, im glad these guys where honored..
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X