Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecTrainer
    replied
    I've had to lend them cuffs and twist-flexies, and once had to siphon a couple of gallons of gasoline (we were out way back of beyond) so the LEO could get back to civilization.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wouldn't worry

until the LEO needs to borrow my weapon

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I have been asked many times by local LEOs to borrow my pen. I have also lent them note pads and blank trespass warnings as well. It happens from time to time.....

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    I have a 4yr old daughter who always knocks off my pens and my note pads,I always had a pretty pic on every page, now I have my pen in a keeper on my duty belt so it doesnt go walk abouts.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    You know.. All my peeps keep stealing my pens, because I use those kewl Gel-pens and they are like hot cakes!

I just radio an officer to meet with me somewhere, and use his pen! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Sorry to hear that HotelSecurity.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    had to pull a dictonary for that one o.O

defined as : Leaking of retinal blood vessels in advanced or long-term diabetes, affecting the macula or retina. Vision can be seriously distorted or blurred.
    BTW I wasn't joking. I can no longer read out of my left eye. I undergo lazer treatments (to stop the bleeding) every month or 2 & last month they tried injecting Corizone (sp?) into the eye to try & stop the swelling. NOT FUN!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    or......after drinking moonshine.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post

defined as : Leaking of retinal blood vessels in advanced or long-term diabetes, affecting the macula or retina. Vision can be seriously distorted or blurred.
    or......after drinking moonshine.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Part typo part diabetic retinopathy.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    I can relate. So now, keeping with the seven P's principle (Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance) I TRY make it a point to have at least 2 pens on me at all times, at work one in my shirt and another in my left pants pocket. Adopting a no "pen borrowing" policy is also an option, although somewhat anal retentive. I remember the old show "the Commish" with Tony Scali, who was always borrowing a pen...

Keep in mind also that pens are another way to transfer germs from one person to another too.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson View Post
    But can she spell detective????
    Part typo part diabetic retinopathy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Hotelsecurity
    A Sgt. Detectove that doesn't have a pen with her????
    But can she spell detective????

Seriously though, I carry one of those Fisher space pens everywhere with me...3.5 inches closed, it just hides unobtrusively in my pocket. Someone asked me why I had a pen and an LED flashlight in my pockets once. They ride everywhere with me, along with my CCW weapon of choice and a folding pocketknife or multi-tool.

My reply was also in the form of a question:

How many times have you needed your CCW piece versus how many times you've needed a flashlight or pen?

Be prepared, it's the Boy Scout marching song.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    As a young Det.Sgt. I once showed up at a bank robbery without a gun. I had been in the office and ran out the door without my gun that was secured in the gun locker.

Normally that would not be a problem - except when the robber was caught he gave a statement that he was on a rooftop overlooking an alley and saw me and another officer walking in the alley. He stated that if we turned around and spotted him he was going to shoot us. He was armed with a 44 magnum. I received a three day suspension.

Lesson learned.

I used to tell that story to recruits at the Acadamy - they always got a chuckle out of it.
    Oops...

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002 View Post
    It can happen... it's not the end of the world, is it?
    Certainly not the end of the world but it does not give me confidence in her. i took Police Technology 30 years ago. I can still hear one of the teachers drilling into us: "A short pencil is better than a long memory"!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X