Hiring gimmick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring gimmick

Thought this was a little interesting ad...

Hiring Event!!!
    Tacoma Branch office
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Location: 3600 Port of Tacoma Road, Suite 200, Tacoma, WA 98424

Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner is on us!

EVERY applicant successfully completing the application and interview will receive:

• $5.00 restaurant gift card
    • The first 20 applicants will be eligible to win a $50 Tacoma Mall gift card.
    • Refreshments served all day!

In addition:
    We are offering a $100 HIRING BONUS*!
    *After satisfactory completion of 90 days.
    *Current DOL Guard License holders, no transfer fee!

$$$ We want you to work for Securitas! $$$

30 positions available in the greater Tacoma area, all shifts. If you are looking for a career opportunity, change of pace or just a BETTER WAGE, then come, join the largest security company in the world! We offer comprehensive health insurance coverage, career advancement courses, free uniforms, paid training & much more. Wages $10-$14 p/h, DOE

Minimum qualifications:
    • 18 years or older, some sites must be 21+
    • HS/GED or equivalent
    • Excellent customer service skills
    • Excellent verbal and written communication
    • Must pass drug & background screen

Apply Online: www.securitasjobs.com
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

How bad is the pay when Securitas is offering "better pay?" Or is that for select few government sites through Wackenhut Government Services?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

WOW!!!! $5.00 Restaurant Gift Card. That's a happy meal from McDonolds.... I am sold!!!!!

Comment

"EVERY applicant successfully completing the application and interview will receive:"

There goes my plan to load the place with the homeless.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by SHART1971 View Post
          WOW!!!! $5.00 Restaurant Gift Card. That's a happy meal from McDonolds.... I am sold!!!!!
          That is about half the tab for one at most restaurants, not including tip of course
          "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Could you imagine what their commercials would be like if they had them?

"Come on down and see us! Take a quick application run and receive a free stick on badge or fridge magnet!"

Sorry, but it's getting really crazy out there.
            My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
              Could you imagine what their commercials would be like if they had them?

"Come on down and see us! Take a quick application run and receive a free stick on badge or fridge magnet!"

Sorry, but it's getting really crazy out there.

"Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post

There goes my plan to load the place with the homeless.
                Why not...? I betcha most of them would leave with jobs.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I apped to Securitas, ad in the paper said $10 hr. When I walked in the door there was a big sign "$7.50 hr training wage. I walked back out.

Comment

Wackenhut used to play that game with us. My base rate was 12.00/hr with my extended rate being 12.50/hr for being a supervisor. All my training was rated at 7.52/hr.
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Securtas
                      EVERY applicant successfully completing the application and interview will receive:

• $5.00 restaurant gift card
                      • The first 20 applicants will be eligible to win a $50 Tacoma Mall gift card.
                      • Refreshments served all day!
                      I wonder if we get a baloon too. . .

Considering that this is the "largest security company in the world" (sic) do ya think they could have at least offered to give $5.95 for lunch instead?

Comment

At the Tacoma mall, I think $5 will get you a 20oz fountain drink and a slice of pizza at Sbarro.
                        Last edited by Lawson; 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM.
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                          At the Tacoma mall, I think $5 will get you a 20oz fountain drink and a slice of pizza at Sbrerrio.

I would have to chip in a buck because a 20oz is not going to do it for me. 32oz at least....

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                            At the Tacoma mall, I think $5 will get you a 20oz fountain drink and a slice of pizza at Sbarro.
                            And good luck getting more than one napkin from those bastards.

Comment

5 bucks? What an insult. That is contract security for you though. That training wage thing is a sham. Sure, it is legal and the Company saves money, but it comes at the expense of someone that is already probably working paycheck to paycheck.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X