Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paperwork. paperwork and yet more paperwork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paperwork. paperwork and yet more paperwork.

i am lucky as currently my site does not require a whole lot of paper work, but i have worked sites wherew you have tons of paperwork including signing in and out bathrooms keys, radios, equipement, counting lights out and other maintence problems such as recepticles with broken covers, and others things.... i have had sites that had paper work for just about everythings..

how is your site lots of paper work or very little ?
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I have a little paperwork to do all report are computerized the only paperwork is for key and thing like that

Comment

DOR, Time Sheet, Northwest Florida Daily News.

Comment

These days, with the very cheap technology available, almost all reporting should be done on computerized forms because of the value of capturing the information as data instead of as marks or entries on pieces of paper.

Data can be analyzed, studied, and can reveal a great deal about the daily operation in many ways, whereas information that is "imprisoned" on paper forms (especially hand-written information) is very difficult to analyze.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

we do our DAL and IR'S that's about it.
          Todd

Comment

All I can say to this... If you never wrote it down, it never happened. Document everything.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
              These days, with the very cheap technology available, almost all reporting should be done on computerized forms because of the value of capturing the information as data instead of as marks or entries on pieces of paper.

Data can be analyzed, studied, and can reveal a great deal about the daily operation in many ways, whereas information that is "imprisoned" on paper forms (especially hand-written information) is very difficult to analyze.
              BWaaahaaha..LOL
              I thought it was true also...my acting (Quote acting) manager deleted / alterded our Incident reporting database I sent a email to him questioning why he done it.... my reply
              folder 1Passwords

As AttachmentInline Text Previous | Next

----- Forwarded by SecurityRDH THS/THS/NTG on 29/06/2007 12:02 AM -----

Philip
              Bates/THS/NTG

To
              28/06/2007 07:56 AM SecurityRDH THS/THS/NTG

cc

Subject
              Re: IR System(Document link:
              SecurityRDH THS)

Paul

First of all, why do you deserve an explanation? Do you own the intellectual
              property rights to the database?

I removed the names because I was sick and tired of seeing names that
              were there
              from years ago.

I now appreciate that statastics will be difficult to obtain, but nobody took
              any notice of them anyway. All IRs are also kept on hard copy.

This just goes to show what a completely hopless system the IR
              database is, and
              legally it has as much standing as notes on the back of a cigarette packet if
              information can be altered so easily. It lacks any kind of integrity and is
              useless.

Ok, it doesn't take away from the fact that what data that remains is
              corrupted,
              and in that respect I made a mistake, I admit that, but I'll live with it.

Pete

Damn a caring understanding response.
              I sent a email to the General manager stating that he has broken the law (re acurate recoprdkeeping legislation etc) and handed down the response was that there was hardcopies of the data so it was ok....I know for fact there is not and there was no backup of the data (officially...there is but why should I support an idiot?)
              Bottom Line information and worse knowledge in the wrong hands is very dangerous!!

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                i am lucky as currently my site does not require a whole lot of paper work, but i have worked sites wherew you have tons of paperwork including signing in and out bathrooms keys, radios, equipement, counting lights out and other maintence problems such as recepticles with broken covers, and others things.... i have had sites that had paper work for just about everythings..

how is your site lots of paper work or very little ?
                We have stupid amounts of paper work. Almost all of it is redundant. For everything. Keys, key cards, equipment, vehicles, mileage, maintenance forms for everything, two or three separate forms for incident reports. On mobile patrol I spent an hour every day doing nothing but paperwork. As supervisor I spend an hour doing my paper work and at least two hours reviewing everyone else's paperwork.
                formerly C&A

Comment

paper work

All of ya'll going hate me i have none .
                  But i keep my own log book with any info i feel should be Document I do.
                  CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

A timesheet, a "equipment issued" sheet (radio and keys), and an activity log-

"S/O Wilrobnson 10-8; A/S
                    S/O Wilrobnson 10-7; A/S"

Of course, we had an incident today, that rated precisely one line.

Sleep late, drive fast, and avoid paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by cocknaces View Post
                      We have stupid amounts of paper work. Almost all of it is redundant. For everything. Keys, key cards, equipment, vehicles, mileage, maintenance forms for everything, two or three separate forms for incident reports. On mobile patrol I spent an hour every day doing nothing but paperwork. As supervisor I spend an hour doing my paper work and at least two hours reviewing everyone else's paperwork.
                      yup one site i worked at was like that, you had to log out the bathroom key, so they could see how often you where going to the RR............

but anyways now i just have electronic DAR, and IR forms on the puter...
                      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I once worked a federal post where the paperwork was set up for an on site armoury,of which we had none and I was the only officer. Therefore I was also the armourer. Everyday at the start of my shift I(armourer) had to sign out the service revolver to myself(officer). At the end of the shift I(officer) would then sign the revolver back into the armoury (my holster). I(armourer) would then take the revolver in the armoury home for the night. The next morning I would transport said weapon back to the job site and we begin again. The gun never left the armoury (holster) except for practice/quals/cleaning.
                        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
                          I once worked a federal post where the paperwork was set up for an on site armoury,of which we had none and I was the only officer. Therefore I was also the armourer. Everyday at the start of my shift I(armourer) had to sign out the service revolver to myself(officer). At the end of the shift I(officer) would then sign the revolver back into the armoury (my holster). I(armourer) would then take the revolver in the armoury home for the night. The next morning I would transport said weapon back to the job site and we begin again. The gun never left the armoury (holster) except for practice/quals/cleaning.
                          lol how to explian that...

Judge : so you were an armourer, what makes you quaililfied to do so?
                          officer : well umm thats what the paperwork said
                          Judge : what type of armourer school did you go to...
                          Officer : ummm none, i just filled out the paper work like i was told
                          JUdge : hmmm so you have no schooling but they let you be an armourer, please define the job of an armourer.
                          Officer : umm i cant. all i did was take the armory home everyday.....

Comment

No paperwork everything from IR to time is done on computer. I might do one report a week, more if I'm in a really bad mood . Our computing system is protected, once I enter the info and submit it it can't be changed or altered. The only thing that can be changed is the incident code which has no effect legally speaking. Other than that we are paperless.

Comment

i must write an activity report for the property I am at, anywhere from 1-3 properties a night. On any given night this report will include resident contacts, trespasser contacts, maintanance issues, observations about apts or people, lock-ups, checks of certain buildings, etc. Then we must do an IR for arrests, criminal damage such as vehicle break-ins, property damage, medical transports, information which is might be too important for the regular report and might take up a lot of room, drug/paraphernalia/firearm possession, etc. At the end of a 12 hour shift I usually have 8-10 activity report pages depending on the property and how active it was that night, plus one to two IR's for arrests which are at least two pages each. It can be a pain in the ass, but I am used to it after 3 years and probably close to 70 arrests.

I was doing it on my laptop for a little while but I had to pay for my own ink and paper. Also I work in very bad parts and if my vehicle gets broken into that is what will be missing. Plus if i'm bored or stuck at a non-active place I can pass the time with paperwork.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X