Criminals Should be Very Very Afraid of New Gun Law in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LPGuy View Post
    For some reason, I have a hard time buying your idea that a large percentage of otherwise law-abiding citizens have been eagerly awaiting the passage of just such a law for the chance to finally shoot someone.
    That is not what I said at all. Please stop taking my statements out of the context they are written.

What I wrote in the statement you quote,

Originally posted by Christopherstjo
    When we arm citizens to the teeth and give them such broad authority to shoot each other - everyone has a reason to fear.
    pertains to the mere passing of the law and the natural cause and effects of such on a persons' emotional and mental state of mind.
    Last edited by Christopherstjo; 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherstjo View Post
      While I appreciate what you are saying, I do not agree. When we arm citizens to the teeth and given them such broad authority to shoot each other - everyone has a reason to fear.
      Chris we've had the same law since october of 2005 and we havenmt has the drastic increase of shootings that is always forecasted when a new gun law comes out.
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by War113 View Post
        I dont carry concealed and I am safe.Peper spray here is far enough...even that it's illegal to spray someone.
        Strange laws we have in Canada eh?! Possession is not illegal, use is
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

When I lived in Kennesaw Georgia and I-75 finally completed, a lot of homes in that area were being struck by the criminal element. The Mayor had a city ordinance passed that required every home owner to purchase and train with a weapon of their choice. It was widely publicized, radio, TV and print. Crime dropped in a dramatic fashion. Two men recently released from a Florida State prison, stole a car and robbed a couple of home on their way up I-75 to their respective homes in Tennessee. They pushed their way in to a widow's home and were confronted with a double-barrelled 12 gauge shotgun. She stated they laughed and said she wouldn't shoot. They ran toward her. Both were shot and killed.
          Authorities stated these men had been out of prison less than 36 hours.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherstjo
            When we arm citizens to the teeth and given them such broad authority to shoot each other - everyone has a reason to fear.
            What reason do you, I, or any other law-abiding citizen have to fear? The law doesn't say you can shoot someone in the street for looking at you wrong. It says you can shoot someone if they are unlawfully entering your dwelling or vehicle. I, for one, don't unlawfully enter dwellings and vehicles, so I can't find any reason I would need to fear the passage of this law.

Originally posted by Christopherstjo View Post
            What I wrote in the statement you quote, [. . .] pertains to the mere passing of the law and the natural cause and effects of such on a persons' emotional and mental state of mind.
            Cause and effects on peoples' emotional and mental states of mind? Oh, please. No one is losing sleep or fretting at night in terror over the passing of this law. I don't suppose you're a clinical psychologist now, too?
            Last edited by LPGuy; 07-09-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
              they laughed and said she wouldn't shoot. They ran toward her. Both were shot and killed.
              I bet they wont make dumb assumptions anymore.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The only thing that worries me that in Florida you can pretty much carry what ever you want for the exception of full auto. There are some CCW people out there that are carrying stuff I think they have no business carrying or they have no idea about what it is they got. I have met some with .30 cal long slides and the revolver version, along with 44 mags with over subsonic loads. If your going to shoot out a car engine thats fine. But the over penetration issue seems to elude some of these people. One exception was a guy carrying a fold up kama. But this person was a 30 year master in Asian weapons. I thought that was rather cool.
                My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

I remember when, after 9/11, gun sales in many areas zoomed by 100 to 500%. The press and a lot of liberal politicians were all moaning about the dire consequences that would follow, and painting pictures of citizens running around gunning each other down.

Well...guess what? The problem is, the press has yet to remember those predictions and admit that they were wrong, which will never happen. About 8 million applications for guns every year...so where's all this mayhem the scare-mongers like to predict? Hmmm? It ain't happening.

In fact, what is true is not that armed citizens are running around committing crimes with their guns, or gunning down the postman by mistake, but that thousands of them every single year use firearms either to prevent or interrupt crimes against themselves and/or others. I said, every single year. Little or no press coverage on that little item, though.

Nope...The sky ain't falling in Missouri, Mr. Christopher Chicken-Little. What you can look for, instead, is for violent crimes against citizens, particularly home-based crimes, to drop. I gare-on-tee it. Law-abiding, responsible citizens know what guns are for just like they know what their automobiles are for, and use them accordingly. To predict otherwise is merely to put yourself out on the same limb that the liberal press climbed out onto and has never found any good way to get down.

...and even under this new law it's still amazingly simple for anyone, including even the stupidest bad guys, to avoid getting shot if they don't wish to suffer that fate: STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES AND VEHICLES! There...now wasn't that easy?
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 07-10-2007, 05:09 AM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Well put Mr. SecTrainer, well put.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The "Stand Your Ground" laws are actually becoming a national issue because more and more states are passing them. Here is a news link:
                      http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0224/p02s01-usju.html

My question is how do you guys think this will affect US, the armed security officer? Does it make you feel safer or less safe? Do you think OPMs and company policy will change at all as a result? Will it cause guards to go nuts with the new perceived amnesty from prosecution?

Gonna be interesting to see if and how this affects the security industry.
                      formerly C&A

Comment

Originally posted by cocknaces View Post
                        Does it make you feel safer or less safe?
                        Well, since I dont go around attacking people, it doesnt make me feel less safe at all.
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The "Stand Your Ground" laws are actually becoming a national issue because more and more states are passing them. Here is a news link:

My question is how do you guys think this will affect US, the armed security officer? Does it make you feel safer or less safe? Do you think OPMs and company policy will change at all as a result? Will it cause guards to go nuts with the new perceived amnesty from prosecution?

There's no reason that such laws should have any measurable effect on the security industry whatsoever, except that a few more bad guys who didn't get the message might make the "great transition" every year. Hallelujah, amen and may God have mercy on their souls because we sure won't.

The truth is that people who are inclined to protect their own property are probably already doing so no matter what the laws are in any given state...and others who never had any inclination to protect their own property will not suddenly become so inclined by permissive "carry" laws.

In carry-states, you might well pass right by a dozen armed citizens a day and never know it because these people are neither causing nor looking for trouble. It's really quite that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                            I remember when, after 9/11, gun sales in many areas zoomed by 100 to 500%. The press and a lot of liberal politicians were all moaning about the dire consequences that would follow, and painting pictures of citizens running around gunning each other down.

Well...guess what? The problem is, the press has yet to remember those predictions and admit that they were wrong, which will never happen. About 8 million applications for guns every year...so where's all this mayhem the scare-mongers like to predict? Hmmm? It ain't happening.

In fact, what is true is not that armed citizens are running around committing crimes with their guns, or gunning down the postman by mistake, but that thousands of them every single year use firearms either to prevent or interrupt crimes against themselves and/or others. I said, every single year. Little or no press coverage on that little item, though.

Nope...The sky ain't falling in Missouri, Mr. Christopher Chicken-Little. What you can look for, instead, is for violent crimes against citizens, particularly home-based crimes, to drop. I gare-on-tee it. Law-abiding, responsible citizens know what guns are for just like they know what their automobiles are for, and use them accordingly. To predict otherwise is merely to put yourself out on the same limb that the liberal press climbed out onto and has never found any good way to get down.

...and even under this new law it's still amazingly simple for anyone, including even the stupidest bad guys, to avoid getting shot if they don't wish to suffer that fate: STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES AND VEHICLES! There...now wasn't that easy?
                            The same dire prediction where made in Minnesota, the sky is still intact up here also!
                            ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

I don't think it will affect us at all. Why would security officers go "nuts" because of a stand your ground law?
                              ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
                                The same dire prediction where made in Minnesota, the sky is still intact up here also!
                                I'm so glad, MS. I've been avoiding Minnesota fishing trips for fear that a chunk of sky would smoosh me flat, or that some power-crazed gunowner would settle an argument about using Lindberger cheese as bait with a few well-placed slugs from a .45. I shall pack immediately and head your way. (The aroma of Lindberger cheese will tell you when I've drawn within a hundred miles or so of Minneapolis.)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X