i dont know what to do lol..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do lol..

theres a guy in my building that looks alot like, a most wanted individual, from utah dept of corrections, im about 70 % sure its the, guy only thing is i cant see the tatoos that are listed on the web page, i just sent an email to UDC, saying he might be in the building, but i do not want to appoarch this person because he came in with two other people, and he may be dangerous if it is the person listed. only probally is my gut is telling me its him... but i dont have 100 % positive id, i had an employee ask him if his name is the one listed on the wanted sheet, well first name, but the guy said no., but he has 3-4 listed alias too
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Would you be able to call the popo non-emergency line, having a unit sent out to investigate without attention being drawn to you?

Comment

not really lol, plus the state wants to keep it hands clean on something like this the state doesnt want that attention as they are here to help customers and not determine if they are fleeing felons or not.. so i am torn between listening to my client or trying to positive id the guy, but at this time i listened to the client but i think next time i will just make an anyimous call on non emergency line.. to try to report it but it would look funny to have a police officer just walk in to state welfare office, and start questioning some one out of the blue, oh btw he left on a bicycle like many criminals do... lol..
      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

You emailed them??? If you think you might have someone on your property who is wanted, just call the Police.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
          You emailed them??? If you think you might have someone on your property who is wanted, just call the Police.
          I would but..... THE STATE says NOT TO. i could get in alot of trouble if i did
          as this is the WELFARE office and i have been told that in past they had problems with misidentifying suspects, so POLICY IS DO NOT CALL. as the STATE doesnt want the LIABILITY

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
            as this is the WELFARE office and i have been told that in past they had problems with misidentifying suspects, so POLICY IS DO NOT CALL. as the STATE doesnt want the LIABILITY

That is so messed up! You have a picture of the guy? You have a police department? Take the picture of the guy and the last address he gave you and give it to the person at the desk. They know how to handle these situations. Geeze. Sounds darn near like your department or the state is "aiding a possable criminal". You know, TV news stations (reporters) love anonymous tips.

Otherwise if this is causing you a lot of grief, just drop it and go about your business.

Comment

Originally posted by mh892 View Post
              That is so messed up! You have a picture of the guy? You have a police department? Take the picture of the guy and the last address he gave you and give it to the person at the desk. They know how to handle these situations. Geeze. Sounds darn near like your department or the state is "aiding a possable criminal". You know, TV news stations (reporters) love anonymous tips.

Otherwise if this is causing you a lot of grief, just drop it and go about your business.
              cant client confidentality ... gotta love the state..

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So, if you have a guy wanted for murder in your office, you do nothing? Do you at least give him a lollipop?
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Sial 9-1-1 from a payphone, I'm sure in the US like here it is free. Don't give your name.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Another idea..

Sometimes with all the red tape and politics, some agencies do not want to impede on another agency or assume liability, which yes is wrong.. So who do you inform?

- Dept. of Probation and Parole: They handle alot of these cases and ca get warrants for arrest to be pushed through the prosecutors office better then a Police agency.

- Check around with some of your local "bail enforcement" agents. Some states offer awards to capture of wanted felons. Bail bonbds and Bail Enforcement agents are private contractors, and tend not to be regulated as heavily as a state or government agency, which if they want the $$, they will go after him/her.

- Dropping a call or email to the Distric Attorney's office. They like to persue these types, and by feeding them information, they have political pull to get a law enforcement agencies attention in ways the average citizen could not!

Hope this helps!
                    Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Interesting and pretty twisted if you ask. If the name didn't match up and you aren't 100% percent sure it is him, I would say to follow the policy of the site that you are assigned.

We all end up having to follow some policies that we may not always agree with.

Comment

I do have to agree with you (Corp Sec) on that one.. I think I may have overlooked that it was a policy issue..

But I will say, that he is in a hard spot. We are all conditioned to adhear to the law, and all the while promote its exsistance, yet we end up with a political agenda of a policy contradicting what we have become so accustomed to ensuring its safety..

Good luck on your decision, and what way you decide to go. I feel as long as you have the best of intentions, that is what matters, because when you clock out, and the pay stops, all you have left to take with you are the decisions you have made!
                        Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
                          i dont know what to do lol..
                          Do you have some sort of local Crime Stoppers hotline you can call? Each and every single one of these phone numbers I've seen allow you to remain anonymous. Simply give them what information you have, remain anonymous, and let the law enforcement authorities follow up on your tip.

If they feel it is valid, then they may stake out the building and wait for the guy to leave, or even request information from your office on the individual through official means.

Comment

idea to id the person

Do you have any tatta's yourself ?if so you go up to him ask about the ink he has where got it, who did it, how much it ran him and so on then show off what you what ink you have and tell stroy thinking getting another

This way you can get 100% id on the tats and not lookig like you trying send him to jail

Sgt koolaid

oh ya
                            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Sgt Koolaid: Good idea, and if you don't have ink it could be modified by saying "I've been thinking of getting a tat...."

This is a few days old now, what has happened, Utah?
                              "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X