No announcement yet.

Vending Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BROWN BAG AND A THERMOS, the only way to go. That way you KNOW what your having for supper.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more! If you eat out, know who is making your food and try to watch the food handlers if possible.

Be safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

This always works...

I keep an ice chest in the back of my truck. I can also throw it in the trunk of the cruiser when on patrol. I am going to be upgrading to Coleman's thermoelectric model soon so I don't have an ice mess. I just pack a few days worth of food and am usually fine. When I have the truck and am doing standing overnight shifts, I also pack a small gas stove so I can eat something other than a cold sandwich on occassion.

Comment

We have drink/soda machines in several locations throughout the plant and 2 breakrooms with candy and sandwich machines. As some may have seen in the photos I posted before, my 'guard shack' is in a building shared with the plant scale house. Between us is a hallway with restroom and small kitchen. I rarely use the vending machines since I can keep my stuff in a fullsized refridgerator and microwave or fry it up when I want.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Steak and Shake is expensive, but "If its in sight, it must be right" is extremely important when you're wearing a target.

Otherwise, things like bringing food from home, stopping off at a 7-11, etc. I was fond of heating things like sammiches and lunchables and whatnot using the engine.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Well, If I had the fridge and microwave I've wanted for my camper anyway, I'd really be set.

http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/cgi...207-1186374968
            These really work as advertised and have a nice low power consumption. Pricey as hell but you get what you pay for.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...wave&noImage=0

Haven't heard from anyone who has one of these.

Comment

We have several fast food restaurants in our corporate campus, but none are open during the hours I work. I consider that a good thing! We also have a full service employee cafeteria, but as someone who makes the occasional round through there I can't really say I am sad it isn't open at night.

There are probably close to 100 vending machines here for snacks and pop. I generally plunk $2-3 a night in them for a couple of pops and some pretzels.

I work a part time job once in a while and they actually have pretty good food like sandwhiches and dinners in their vending machines. Vending machine food has come a long way. Some of the stuff is very tasty. Although I am no food critic.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X