Vending Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vending Machines

Do you have access to them and use them, if so what type ? and are the public use or private use.....

We have access to them where i work, sodas and dry snacks type, i have worked places where they have hot drink machines, refrigerated/frozen food machines and dry snacks...

I dont like vending machines much, as your being forced to eat packaged food if you chose to purchase it, and most of it contains no nutriants what so ever, and alot of times the price for the food is overpriced...

Although they are more conveint, which is the flip-side, i just dont like them to much other then the ones that are soda machines and have stuff like sandwhichs in them. i think the others are just a waste of time and space...

Whats your opinion on vending machines in the work place? and yes i do buy a candy once and awhile :P but would perfer the ones the offer fruit and sandwhichs...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Do you have access to them and use them, if so what type ? and are the public use or private use.....

We have access to them where i work, sodas and dry snacks type, i have worked places where they have hot drink machines, refrigerated/frozen food machines and dry snacks...

I dont like vending machines much, as your being forced to eat packaged food if you chose to purchase it, and most of it contains no nutriants what so ever, and alot of times the price for the food is overpriced...

Although they are more conveint, which is the flip-side, i just dont like them to much other then the ones that are soda machines and have stuff like sandwhichs in them. i think the others are just a waste of time and space...

Whats your opinion on vending machines in the work place? and yes i do buy a candy once and awhile :P but would perfer the ones the offer fruit and sandwhichs...
    For the most part dinner is live-on the hoof where I like to work.

BROWN BAG AND A THERMOS, the only way to go. That way you KNOW what your having for supper.

Comment

One of the few advantages of working in an hotel - "free" meals. (They are a taxable benefit).
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

We have dry snacks soda/juice machines.

Comment

I have a part time job working for a vendor. I fill and maintain them, and yes I get free samples all the time. Mostly trial mix, I don't dare touch that other stuff. Ack! Oh, yea. Best of all the coffee machine. And it really does brew the coffee.
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Well, being at a mall.. We have a ton of them! We also have the food court, which has the same ol same ol selection and products. I do like our buffet restaruant we have, but thats a once in a while deal as its pricey too. We can get the "employee discount" at the joints, but its like 15%, not worth it still.

I allow my peeps to go stretch their legs and wheels and find something good to eat, and bring it back. We all share and its nice.. Though I am stuck on Qudoba (I hope I spelled it right).
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director View Post
              Well, being at a mall.. We have a ton of them! We also have the food court, which has the same ol same ol selection and products. I do like our buffet restaruant we have, but thats a once in a while deal as its pricey too. We can get the "employee discount" at the joints, but its like 15%, not worth it still.

I allow my peeps to go stretch their legs and wheels and find something good to eat, and bring it back. We all share and its nice.. Though I am stuck on Qudoba (I hope I spelled it right).
              While I like mall food, even I would get bored of it eventually.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                One of the few advantages of working in an hotel - "free" meals. (They are a taxable benefit).
                I've eaten at one of the hotels you're at....If memory serves me the steak was great. Was even served by a waiter with a very heavy French accent and a bad attitude, but then I was a guest in his Country.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                  I've eaten at one of the hotels you're at....If memory serves me the steak was great. Was even served by a waiter with a very heavy French accent and a bad attitude, but then I was a guest in his Country.
                  Steak is not on the staff menu My first hotel (the now closed Windsor Hotel) was well known for having huge banquets. Staff got the leftovers. We ate good there!

Comment

It's good when you can't afford to eat something more heavy because you walk all day.Or when you fall asleep and have no coffe a couple of pepsi can isnt bad.
                    Ain't war hell?

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                      While I like mall food, even I would get bored of it eventually.
                      I have this problem at the hotel. The restaurant is a deli. The menu hasn't changed in 10 years. I've become diabetic & need to keep you blood pressure low. Can you think of ANY deli food that is low in salt??? One of Montreal's famous smoked meat sandwitch contains 96% of the daily reccommended salt!!!

Comment

I enjoyed the free meals when I worked in the hotel industry (not security).

Currently we have a candy/chip machine, a cigarette machine, and a LOTTO machine. I use none of them, but I am responsible to stock the LOTTO machine and empty the cash. We have an American and Chinese restaurant on site and a diner next door. Sodas, coffee and such are free.
                        Last edited by Andy Taylor; 07-09-2007, 07:16 AM.
                        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

MHA that is the only way to be safe nowadays.
                          When I worked at the powerplant there were 12 vending machines selling sandwiches and soup to coffee and crap, we used to refer to them as the Wheel of Death, as you never knew what you were going to get outta them. Now that I work for the state we are feed, but institutional food albe it ok, sometimes is not at all appetizing.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                            I have this problem at the hotel. The restaurant is a deli. The menu hasn't changed in 10 years. I've become diabetic & need to keep you blood pressure low. Can you think of ANY deli food that is low in salt??? One of Montreal's famous smoked meat sandwitch contains 96% of the daily reccommended salt!!!
                            I'm borderline, and I know what you mean. I stopped using salt at all about 3 years ago. I used to put margarine on pasta, and wonder why the margarine didn't taste 'sweet.' It wasn't sweet, it was salty, the taste I was missing.

The stuff out of vending machines is scary, but quite frankly, I'd eat it anyway at posts where it was available... Because 9 times out of 10, we had no place to store anything!
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

vending machines

I work many post from hotel to crack head apt builds.

Hotel, only has soda vending machines and bar & grill soda's are 1.50 the grill gives us 50% off the meal.
                              REtail store ,only soda vending machine 1.00 for a 20 %.
                              Apt building, nothing.
                              High school, water log vending machines i'm in new orleans.
                              Quick stop , free soda from the tap.
                              Warehouse, nothing.
                              Ship yard, nothing.
                              Bar, free drinks after the bar is close and duty rig locked in the trunk off my car

When going to new post i recon the area. I get all the menua from the area for all the delivery places. If they don't delver I brown bag it and if i'm to broke do that MREs come in handy.

SGT koolaid

oh ya
                              Last edited by CAPTAIN KOOLAID; 07-10-2007, 02:28 AM. Reason: forgot somethig
                              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X