• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZInterceptor
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    I would have sued for false arrest.
    He was never under arrest though, just detained. Either way, I'm surprised the officer didn't know right off the bat, that he was carrying lawfully.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post
    I started out as an armed security officer in California at 18. I got some friction from two local deputies who didn't fully understand the law. At 21 I was actually handcuffed and detained for a while by a local cop who didn't think security guard in California were allowed to be armed! He said it just didn't make sense to him.
    I would have sued for false arrest.

Leave a comment:

• XHorntail
    replied
    Thanks a ton for all the input! Very helpful here! I called DPS, and they said it's 18. Now I just have to convince my sargeant to let me! Out here in downtown phoenix, theres an estimated four illegal concealed for each CCW permit. And we tend to push CCW pretty hard. First night on duty last night, 10 hours, 3 shootings in my district. I think becoming armed would be my best career move.

Leave a comment:

• AZInterceptor
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    I would have made sure he lost his job.
    I don't think that situation would ever go that far, the most he would get is a complaint or a letter in his file.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    Because that would be a great benefit to the law enforcement/security relationship.

As was him handcuffing someone who was LEGALLY doing his job.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    Because that would be a great benefit to the law enforcement/security relationship.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    I started out as an armed security officer in California at 18. I got some friction from two local deputies who didn't fully understand the law. At 21 I was actually handcuffed and detained for a while by a local cop who didn't think security guard in California were allowed to be armed! He said it just didn't make sense to him.

Leave a comment:

• DarkMetalWolf
    replied
    You are allowed to have a gun permit at 18 in Ca., however, you can not buy a handgun until you are 21.

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I think you are going to find most states will not allow you to arm, even with rifles and shotguns, until you are 21.

Leave a comment:

• locknid
    replied
    I live in AZ and with my company the min age for armed is 21, you have to be 21 to buy a handgun here. Most companies I have seen it is 21 but I had a supervisor tell me once that since you can legally carry a handgun at 18 and receive them as gifts you can get your armed card at 18, but i don't know if that has changed. Also be aware that if you do get your armed card it is only good at the current company you are at. If you work for multiple companies or change employers you have to do the state mandatory training and qualification again.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Well what is the age that you can legally own a handgun there?

Leave a comment:

• XHorntail
    started a topic Minimum age for armed?

Minimum age for armed?

I live in Arizona, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the minimum age for armed guards here?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X