Minimum age for armed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZInterceptor View Post
    I don't think that situation would ever go that far, the most he would get is a complaint or a letter in his file.
    Sure it would. What the cop just committed was unlawful restraint or false imprisonment under California law. Ignorance of the law can't be used as a defense. The cop THOUGHT the guard was breaking the law and detained him. That's enough to get him cuffed and stuffed around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
      The officer saw what he believed to be a suspicious circumstance, and a fellow with a gun none-the-less. An Investigative detention was conducted and handcuffs were warranted.

I do think the officer should have been a little better informed, but crap happens on both sides of the shop.
      Nope. Ignorance of the law can't be used as a defense.

Comment

Holy necro-post, Batman!
        A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

8 years old...has got to be a record.

Comment

At least people are posting

Comment

I ain't never needed gun. I benched and squat, so I carried my 'guns' wherever I went.

Comment

Contract should be arrested for the posts he made. BTW contract, nobody would "cuff and stuff" a police officer. You are, once again, full of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                  Contract should be arrested for the posts he made. BTW contract, nobody would "cuff and stuff" a police officer. You are, once again, full of it...
                  Cops do get arrested for false imprisonment you moron.

Go get your shine box.

Comment

Why do all these low trained, uneducated, frustrated wanna-be cops keep trying to tell cops HOW to do their jobs? You are telling me that security guards are going to "cuff and stuff" a police officer, doing his job. One that you apparently don't understand.

Another sterling example of the security guard. I thought you were trying to be seen as a professional..?

BTW: since I am the SOLE issuer of shine boxes, I can't go get it.

Comment

Good Lord, we've turned into the Yahoo! comments section!

Now if we can just get Rick to put a bullet in the zombie thread, we can get back to seeing what name Iraqi Freedom 2000 is using this week...

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                        Why do all these low trained, uneducated, frustrated wanna-be cops keep trying to tell cops HOW to do their jobs? You are telling me that security guards are going to "cuff and stuff" a police officer, doing his job. One that you apparently don't understand.

Another sterling example of the security guard. I thought you were trying to be seen as a professional..?

BTW: since I am the SOLE issuer of shine boxes, I can't go get it.
                        Cops who falsely arrest other people will go to jail. It's called the law.

I know my job. I don't need some pre teen in middle school trying to pass off as a cop trying to tell me how to do my job.

You'd better get yourself a new shine box.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
                          Cops who falsely arrest other people will go to jail. It's called the law.

I know my job. I don't need some pre teen in middle school trying to pass off as a cop trying to tell me how to do my job.

You'd better get yourself a new shine box.
                          Even if a police officer "falsely arrested" someone, it's unlikelely he/she would go to jail unless it was shown to be deliberately malicious or so outside of the law that the police officer couldn't possibly have thought it was legal.

As a security guard, don't try to arrest a police officer. It's just going to end badly. If you feel they've committed a crime, deal with it after the fact by reporting the circumstances to your supervisor. If you feel it's really necessary, call (other) police.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf View Post
                            You are allowed to have a gun permit at 18 in Ca., however, you can not buy a handgun until you are 21.
                            can you tell me what the law code is that?

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#5
                            A person must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or shotgun. To purchase a handgun, a person must be at least 21 years of age.
                            Now 2016 you have to take A safety certificate for riles, shotguns,handguns. its good for two years and you must show this when you buy guns are different shops I believe.

Can I give a firearm to my adult child? Can he/she give it back to me later?

Yes, as long as the adult child receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category, pdf and the firearm is legal to possess (e.g., not an assault weapon). The transfer of a firearm between a parent and child or a grandparent and grandchild is exempt from the dealer transfer requirement. The exemption does not apply to step-children/step-parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, or cousins.

Arm guards must be 21, carry gun 21, CCW 21, BSIS Firearms permit 21.
                            Last edited by kimkim2016; 05-31-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X