break down in training in florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break down in training in florida

According to the Florida security training syllabus we were suppose to be taught the following law in th 40 our class our instructor never even touched on it. Id hate for an S.O. to get jammed up for it.It kind of a common sense law.

877.15 Failure to control or report dangerous fire.--Any person who knows, or has reasonable grounds to believe, that a fire is endangering the life or property of another, and who fails to take reasonable measures to put out or control the fire when the person can do so without substantial risk to himself or herself, or who fails to give a prompt fire alarm, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, if:
    (1) The person knows that he or she is under an official, contractual, or other legal duty to control or combat the fire;
    or
    (2) The fire was started lawfully by the person or with his or her assent and was started on property in his or her custody or control.
    Last edited by bigdog; 06-21-2007, 04:47 AM.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Amusing enough, I can hear the argument already:

My security guards only observe and report fires, they are not required or responsible for combating them, or controlling them.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      Amusing enough, I can hear the argument already:

My security guards only observe and report fires, they are not required or responsible for combating them, or controlling them.
      Well, it does say "<combat/control>...OR who fails to give a prompt fire alarm"...so reporting by itself is an acceptable alternative to combat/control.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Seems that reporting a fire is a pretty reasonable thing to expect security to do.

As to what else to do, it would depend on your post orders. Not having any I'm going to fall back on my firefighter training. Either attack the fire aggressively or start evacuating the building depending on the size and intensity.

I expect to have to deal with this someday. For some odd reason the parking garage is only sprinklered on the first floor and the basement. A busy day when the garage is full and one car goes up, I could see losing the building.

Most of the fire hoses in the building and in the garage look like they've been used before.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X