Iowa Security License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Security License

Can someone point me in the direction of Iowa's security license requirements?

Thanks!
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

In Iowa, individual officers are licensed through the agency that employs them. The Iowa Dept of Public Safety issues the license to the agency which in turn issues it to the employee. When the employee leaves the agency, the license must be returned. Training requirements are pretty minimal, at least they were when I was first licensed.

For firearms permits are issued through the local sheriff's office for Iowa residents. Non-residents apply to the Dept of Public Safety. Training is a four-hour class, and a score of 60 out of 100 on a ten-shot bullseye course of fire.

At least those were the requirements when I was licensed in Iowa back in '96.

-- Frank
    Tommy Boy: "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$&, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it. "

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X