Shirt Stay or no ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
    If she is a EMT how does she put the rubber glove over the ring with out poking a hole through it? or does she take her time taking it off while the guy waits with the burn? just wondering.
    Who knows. She works opposite nights than me. The few times she's releived me she's out of breath walking from her parking spot near the guard shack. I wonder what she does when she has a situation like I had this week where an employee was severely injured in a part of teh plant which required climbing 2 flights of stairs and over several catwalks. Of course the REAL bitch was getting the guy down those same stairs while strapped to a backboard. Thank goodness we had plenty of employees available to lend a hand. And my Medical First Responder in that department had things well in hand when I showed up. I ended up pulling a muscle in my chest and shoulder carrying the guy on the board down the stairs. I wonder if she'd even make it up to the patient.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I think if I work there ill work on your shift,loll, then if I get hurt I know you will be there quickly ,instead of wondering

Sorry to hear about you hurts ,it goes with the job sometimes but I bet the guy was grateful you were there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
        I think if I work there ill work on your shift,loll, then if I get hurt I know you will be there quickly ,instead of wondering

Sorry to hear about you hurts ,it goes with the job sometimes but I bet the guy was grateful you were there!
        Thanks. I got an update on the guy that got hurt. He had been hit by a piece of steel which popped off the cutting line there in the roll shop part of the steel mill. His right shoulder was not seperated like we initially thought. Is right collar bone was broken though. The cut to his neck he got need 15 staples to close. Plus a couple of stitches to close a small head laceration.
        Beat the one I had earlier in the week where a empolyee was injured loading a barge at our dock. Laceration to the left forearm. I wrapped it up and we headed out in the medical van. When I dropped him off at the ER I made him promise to let me know how many stitches he got. I was guessing 5 or 6. He called me the next day. 9 stitches total in his arm.
        Some nights I do nothing more than sit in the shack answering phones and watching movies on my laptop. Other nights it's blood and burns and "here, pee in this cup for me" galore. You never know.
        Last edited by EMTGuard; 07-28-2007, 01:22 PM. Reason: added line about how the pt was injured.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X