Shirt Stay or no ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt Stay or no ?

so i hear some people like to use shirt stays to keep their shirts tucked in. i know sometimes my shirts rides out of my back due to were the duty belt snags sometimes, any one else face this ? i hear the shirt stays work well to correct this problem but i also hear they then to come loose to and snap ya in certian areas... i havent used them but am considering it. any suggestions?
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I don't understand what you're trying to describe. What does your duty belt snag onto? I wear two shirts tucked in, a normal belt and then my duty belt over it, secured together with four belt keepers. I've never had any problem with a shirt coming untucked.

Comment

I have this problem also. I have hound the the stays that are actually sewn onto the inside of the waistband work the best. No problems with snapping, like the ones that attach your socks to your shirt.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

No help for the shirts you have now, but could you order shirts in a tall (er) fit?
        I have found the perfect amount of beer to keep my shirts pressed, but have not run into your problem
        Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
        Groucho Marx

Comment

I don't think its the rig that snags it. Your shirt rides up, usually in the back, when you're moving. I have this happen in dress shirts sometimes, especially when I'm loaded down with what I usually carry while roaming around town.

When I wore a uniform, I fixed this problem by blousing my shirt, and ordering longer shirts. I didn't use a shirt stay.

In your genetic case, you may wish to explore uniforms actually designed for your gender. They may solve problems with the uniform shirt not being long enough due to not being fitted properly.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Shirt stays are a little tough to get used to, but when you do, they make the uniform look great. You can move around all you need to, and be assured to still have that fresh crisp look all shift long.

Comment

Shirt stays.. Shirt tucks.. Stay shirt...

I knwo what you are talking about.. they have so many names! But essentially some brilliant mind go the idea of taking a strip of rubber and punching holes through it on the one and putting rubber spikes on the other end. Anywho, the rubber strap is kind of adhesive in nature, and once you put your shirt on, you put this rubber belt on around the base of the shirt and snug it up, then your pants go over the top of it.

Longer shirts help with keeping edges in, but if you do alot of movement, and want to keep that crisp look, they work well.

Other things to consider, is making sure your chest and abdominal area of the shirts are tailored to your body. Go in and have them altered to fit you best.

I have never cared for a uniform shirt overlapping a duty belt! LOL!
              Deputy Sheriff

Comment

I have been wearing shirt stays for a long time now. I wear under armor, vest, and then uniform shirt. I can say that it helps my vest and under armor stay in place better and my uniform shirt stays exactly where I want it to for my entire shift. They cost 8 bucks and I havn't had to replace mine for about a year now. I have maybe had one connector come off during shift before but I didn't even notice it. If you secure them correctly then you won't have to worry about them coming undone during shift. It makes you look 100 times more professional and won't be having to mess with your uniform every 10 minutes during shift. Also try tightening up your duty belt a little bit if its not already.

Comment

I use and reccomend a shirt stay as I am a big guy myself and it helps to keep a professional look as I get in and out of my squad. There two types of "shirt stays" that I am aware of. The "stirrup" type that attachs to the bottom of your uniform shirt and goes down the legs and wraps around the bottom of the wearers feet in a stirrup fashion. I had problems with this type because it would not stay clipped to my shirt tail (Again, I am a big guy). I prefer the elastic type that wraps around the waist that helps keep my uniform shirt tucked in. The shirt stay helps keep my ballistic vest in place as well.

Be safe,

Hank
                  " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Heck, We have officers who won't even tuck in their shirts much less consider something like stays to keep shirts tucked.
                    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

That woman hasn't even buttoned her shirt, let alone tucked it in.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                        That woman hasn't even buttoned her shirt, let alone tucked it in.
                        Plus no badge pinned on her shirt, non regulation color undershirt and, since that photo was taken she got a ring put in her lip like this->

It's very unprofessional but what I've become used to.
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                          Heck, We have officers who won't even tuck in their shirts much less consider something like stays to keep shirts tucked.
                          Its fine officers like this that keep wages low!
                          ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

The most surprising thing about that picture is that I believe I spot a wedding ring!

I also saw guards with similar uniform habits when I worked contract. I have never seen that type of attire in my in-house gigs though. I guess that is what happens when the Company doesn't care and the client doesn't care.

Comment

All u have to do to look sharp is have your shirt taylored

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X