Strange start to a news article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange start to a news article

While reading the Chicago Tribune, an article caught my eye... Well, not only the topic, but the way the article starts. Anyone else see what I mean?

New demands strain nation's sheriffs
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

They must be going for the national enquier audience, trying to add some levity or just something to catch the readers attention.

Sure are some interesting considerations for Police Forces put forth in this story, large city crime has spread out.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
      While reading the Chicago Tribune, an article caught my eye... Well, not only the topic, but the way the article starts. Anyone else see what I mean?

New demands strain nation's sheriffs

WTF???????????
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

No Joke guys what he is saying is very true. In the country or a big city near by me it's all the same. Several calls a day are from people that can't control their 12 year olds. A couple days ago the locals got a call to come and make the neighbors across the street and stop them from watching them every time they go out side.?? How about the one "Please send a car to the corner of Main and Elm 4 youths are congregating an I think they are up to something.

We need to go back a few years when you wouldn't get arrested or feel like you have scared poor little Johnny for life by smacking him on the ass. A neighbor should be able to grab a kid by the collar and taken home for causing trouble without fear of a law suit for violating the little bastards civil rights. If you can get past the foul language then check out this guy he makes sense. Bat Day at the stadium is outstanding.

http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

That article was all over the place. I have no idea what to comment on first.

I agree that more people are calling 911 these days but who can blame them? With society being the way it is today, you never know if one the "four kids hanging out on the corner" has a 9mm stuck in his waist and is going to pull it out because he wants to act 'all bad'. Or, you go up to the four to see what they're up to, and someone who is paranoid see's it and calls 911 because they think you are a possible kidnapper.

As for rising health care for those in jail/prision, it's simple. You commit a crime, you go to jail. You serve your sentence, you get released. You commit another crime, you die. Plain and simple. Because obviously you can't fit in society, so why should you live?
          (Can't wait to read the responses to that one.)

As for more money needed for law enforcement, dang skippy there needs to be more. We're able to spend billions on a peace keeping mission overseas, but can't afford to spend a few billion here? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'll end it there. I've said enough that will probably cause a stir. I just apologize in advance because I haven't been here long enough, or haven't posted enough, for others to get to know me well enough to know my mannerism.

Comment

Hmm. I think that was inserted, probably, and failed to be spotted by editorial review.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

As for rising health care for those in jail/prision, it's simple. You commit a crime, you go to jail. You serve your sentence, you get released. You commit another crime, you die. Plain and simple. Because obviously you can't fit in society, so why should you live?

I love the three strikes law. Why should we let every criminal build up a 12 page rap sheet before we finally lock em up forever.

Comment

I am not referring to the content of the article... Just how it's started.

"Pigs outnumber people by more than 11-1 in Clay County..."
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post

I love the three strikes law. Why should we let every criminal build up a 12 page rap sheet before we finally lock em up forever.

Agreed, lets start another Australia!
                  Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X