Foot care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot care

I got a blister yesterday. I couldn't do anything about it until I went off duty. Boots seem to fit well. Good quality socks. So any ideas on prevention/treatment?

Insoles?
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Where on your foot is the blister? Perhaps a section of the boot is the problem, metal drooping in the steel toe for example.
      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
      Groucho Marx

Comment

Little toe. No steel toes. I'm bringing my moleskin to work today!

Comment

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE CARE OF IT! Not to scare you but I'm diabetic. We don't feel things like blisters on our feet. 2 years ago I got a blister on the ball of my right foot. I thought I was taking care of it. It became infected. Turned into an ulcer. The infection went to the bone. (Ostomylits (sp?)I was hosptialized for 2 weeks & off work for a month. Had to have expensive intervenious medication. (Thank goodness for Canadian medicare!) More than 50% of people who get this have to have at l;east part of their foot amputated. I was VERY lucky!

Take care.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

umm clean socks :P did you lcae up to loosly ? do you feel any friction while walking in the boots ? if so that maybe the problem if you foot is sliding around a little bit... my recommendation for the care though is WARM SEASALT BATH!
            Its not how we die that counts.....
            Its not how we lived that counts....
            all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Get quality boots that fit. There should be no slippage in the boot when you buy. I know in the old days you wanted some heal slip to "work into" but with modern construction thats gone. Also if you already wrecked your feet a good warm salt bath.

California Security Blog
              Domain Registration Services

Comment

Old military trick..

The endless road marches and ruck marches taught me alot about blisters.. I had one from a 22k march the size of a dollar bill.. It about killed me, because it developed then popped all on the march.. So a veteran of marches showed me this neat trick, especially since we all know military spec boots are not the greatest.. Dont flame it till you try it!

Nylons under the sock. I know, they are made for women, but the nylon (cut to sock size, I dont suggest the full lower body set-up, LOL) will stop the skin from rubbing the boot or the sock from shifting and scafing the surface of the foot. It amazed me that such a thin layer of skin hugging material could deflect such occurrances.

New boots always take a good break in..

To speed up break in time, not that I suggest this, but stand in your bath tub with your boots laced up. Of course make sure you fill the tub, LOL. Stand in the pool of water and let you boots get soaked in and out, then kick back and let them dry, on your feet. Go for a walk or two, nothing serious, but the leather of the boot will be plyable at first and form around your foot, then dry and cure to shape.. This of course works for leather.. I am not so sure about any other material!
                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

I don't why I didnt think of it earlier, but its much like nylons. When I used to backpacking I had a pair of very thin moisture wicking socks worn under your regular socks. I'll try those tomorrow. Btw, I patrol a five story building so its a lot of up and down all day long. And the moleskin worked pretty well today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director View Post
                    The endless road marches and ruck marches taught me alot about blisters.. I had one from a 22k march the size of a dollar bill.. It about killed me, because it developed then popped all on the march.. So a veteran of marches showed me this neat trick, especially since we all know military spec boots are not the greatest.. Dont flame it till you try it!

Nylons under the sock. I know, they are made for women, but the nylon (cut to sock size, I dont suggest the full lower body set-up, LOL) will stop the skin from rubbing the boot or the sock from shifting and scafing the surface of the foot. It amazed me that such a thin layer of skin hugging material could deflect such occurrances.

New boots always take a good break in..

To speed up break in time, not that I suggest this, but stand in your bath tub with your boots laced up. Of course make sure you fill the tub, LOL. Stand in the pool of water and let you boots get soaked in and out, then kick back and let them dry, on your feet. Go for a walk or two, nothing serious, but the leather of the boot will be plyable at first and form around your foot, then dry and cure to shape.. This of course works for leather.. I am not so sure about any other material!
                    I remember the nylon trick from when I was in the Marines, My ex always knew when we had a big hump coming because she'd come home from work to find a pair of nylons all cut up lol. They also help with maintaining a highly polished shine lol.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X