X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    I told ya my wife would take care of ya...
    ... Now I know why every lodge in the twin cities knows I'm in before I even get discharged! I swear, I think someone from Ramsey recognized me.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    You're facility is next on my list of places to visit, btw. (Not really, I go to Regions. And I'm still alive.)
    I told ya my wife would take care of ya...

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    In MN, CEVO stands for Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operations. I was supposed to take that next Tuesday, unfortunately, I'm sitting here typing with one hand thanks to some wonderfull clientell, and can't do the driving now...
    You're facility is next on my list of places to visit, btw. (Not really, I go to Regions. And I'm still alive.)

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    Not to be funny, but have you been through a EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course) or CEVO (Certified Emergency vehicle Operator) Training Course lately?

I recetently completed a 39hr (thats what my certificate says anyway) EVOC course in the State of Maryland through the University of Maryland Fire Rescue Institute and it amounted to reading a book, hearing an old guy tell a few stories and 1 hour of driving around in a small parking lot around a few cones.

And while I understand what you are saying regarding the attornies biting at the ankles of corporations or organizations when one of their "emergency vehicles" crashes into their client and the operator was not "properly trained or certified" ... I just wonder why more corporations or organizations dont just certify their people. From what I understand the CEVO course is even less in depth than the EVOC course.
    In MN, CEVO stands for Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operations. I was supposed to take that next Tuesday, unfortunately, I'm sitting here typing with one hand thanks to some wonderfull clientell, and can't do the driving now...

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    What kind of code-3 driving training do you have? Public or "private", if you get into a crash while operating code 3, that's what a plaintiff's lawyer is going to ask, not about the other certs.
    Not to be funny, but have you been through a EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course) or CEVO (Certified Emergency vehicle Operator) Training Course lately?

I recetently completed a 39hr (thats what my certificate says anyway) EVOC course in the State of Maryland through the University of Maryland Fire Rescue Institute and it amounted to reading a book, hearing an old guy tell a few stories and 1 hour of driving around in a small parking lot around a few cones.

And while I understand what you are saying regarding the attornies biting at the ankles of corporations or organizations when one of their "emergency vehicles" crashes into their client and the operator was not "properly trained or certified" ... I just wonder why more corporations or organizations dont just certify their people. From what I understand the CEVO course is even less in depth than the EVOC course.

Leave a comment:

• FireRanger
    replied
    I am curious now as well as to whether or not the vehicle was registered as a emergency vehicle, because in order for a vehicle to be qaulified as a QRS, it needs to be operated by First Responders or higher, not first aiders and it needs a very specific set and quantity of equipment. A generic aid bag, O2 kit and AED from galls is not going to cut it. In addition there needs to be a way to communicate directly between the QRS team and the ambulance that is responding, that means if you're using cell phones. That you have their phone numbers and they have yours, there can be no using the 9-1-1 system as a go between, which is why most state certified QRS units are owned and operated by public safety agenices and they operate on the local Fire and EMS radio bands.

There is no EVOC (or at least there was none) requirement for QRS drivers, the reason I believe this to be is that PA Motor Vehicle Law allows for "volunteer" fireifghters, EMT's etc to operate their departments apparatus with a regular DL and a letter from the chief saying that he/she certifies the operator has a safe driving and has met all of the departments training requirements to be able to safely drive the apparatus.

This is starting to look like, yet another reason why I wish not just armed security was regulated in that great commonwealth.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Yeah, in WI, if I put AEDs in the vehicles, I would of had to register every guard as a "professional first responder," and get a rescue squad permit (red lights on public roadways, ability to run code.) Oh, and no EVOC requirement in WI for private rescue squads.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by gf45acp View Post
    Howdy,
    While I do not know exactly how our management handles the paperwork, we do run first response for med as well as other public safety functions. Our officers are all required to have first aid, CPR, and AED certs, and our vehicles carry the gear, including AEDs.
    What kind of code-3 driving training do you have? Public or "private", if you get into a crash while operating code 3, that's what a plaintiff's lawyer is going to ask, not about the other certs.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by gf45acp View Post
    My new ride, all of 1k miles so far:
    Very nice ride.

Leave a comment:

• gf45acp
    replied
    Howdy,
    While I do not know exactly how our management handles the paperwork, we do run first response for med as well as other public safety functions. Our officers are all required to have first aid, CPR, and AED certs, and our vehicles carry the gear, including AEDs.

Leave a comment:

• FireRanger
    replied
    Nate, yes PA is a state that anything goes off the highways. However as I stated his vehicle has a state inspection sticker on it, he also states that he drives it on public roadways. It isn't hard to get a vehicle registered as a emergency vehicle, but I was wondering how they got it done. Do they run EMS or Fire/Rescue operations as well or are they registered as some type of private police force (which isn't too unheard of in that state as private colleges and hospitals run their own PD's out there). Just curious as to his departments status or rather the registration of the vehicle. Finally if he is running solid blues, that is technically (unless they changed the law in the past few years) only for volunteers to use on their POV's. Red/Blue generally denotes LE, Red or Red/Clear general denotes FRES. My guess (please gf45 correct me if I am wrong) is that they do EMS and security and got the approval for the colored lights by saying they run their vehicle as Quick Response Service unit or QRS.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Isn't PA a state where the light law is "on the highways of the state?" i.e. if the vehicle never activates its lights on public lands, then its perfectly legal to have red/blue/green/purple/rainbow LED light bars.

Leave a comment:

• gf45acp
    replied
    The process of getting any required paperwork is handled by the Board of the Community. I work in a private community.
    Apparently it is not difficult, as almost every private community in NEPA runs either blues or reds, or both. The vehicles are opperated on private roads as well.

Leave a comment:

• FireRanger
    replied
    I want to know how you are running a vehicle with a restricted light color in Pennsylvania and can get it past state inspections. Every time I took my Jeep in, my mechanic requested to see my blue light permit to make sure (a) I was a vollie and (b) I was allowed to have it by my VFD. Not saying it can't be done, cause it but just wandering as to what sort of site you work at that you got the OK to do it.

Leave a comment:

• gf45acp
    replied
    My new ride, all of 1k miles so far:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X