Let's see your squad car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Yep, I always thought that was a weird law. But isn't there a law in California that requires LE vehicles to have at least 1 steady burning red light t the front?
    Correct, in California, all authorized emergency vehicles (LE, Fire, EMS) must display a steady burning red to the front.
    "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" -Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Public Safety View Post
      Correct, in California, all authorized emergency vehicles (LE, Fire, EMS) must display a steady burning red to the front.
      Thought so. See, Minnesota isn't the only weird light law state...
      What's the rational for that SoCal?
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Thought so. See, Minnesota isn't the only weird light law state...
        What's the rational for that SoCal?
        Simply put, a red light means stop. LOL That's about the most logical answer I've been given.
        "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" -Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Public Safety View Post
          Simply put, a red light means stop. LOL That's about the most logical answer I've been given.
          I kinda thought so. It's gotta be one of those outdated laws that nobody has taken the time to change. I don't know about anyone else, but I think 5 to 40 flashing lights coming up behind me is a good indication that I should probably stop...

Comment

I always thought it was from the 1800s. A steady burning red lamp, i.e. a real LAMP, with a red filter, meaning that you shall yield before it.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

2005 dodge durango

a couple of years ago, we had a massive drug war turf battle that left a couple of people dead and guns and coke laying out in the desert. since then, the local sheriff took our white durango and outfitted it for us with graphics and lights. we use two UHF radios with repeaters on the high hills. EMS gear goes in the back (spineboard, traumabag, O2) and safety gear in the mid benches (helmets, reflective vests, eyewear, flashlights). The durango has the big hemi motor which in our case is simply a waste. uses gas like a banshee and the suspension is too soft for hard cornering but atleast its 4wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by desertguard06 View Post
                a couple of years ago, we had a massive drug war turf battle that left a couple of people dead and guns and coke laying out in the desert. since then, the local sheriff took our white durango and outfitted it for us with graphics and lights. we use two UHF radios with repeaters on the high hills. EMS gear goes in the back (spineboard, traumabag, O2) and safety gear in the mid benches (helmets, reflective vests, eyewear, flashlights). The durango has the big hemi motor which in our case is simply a waste. uses gas like a banshee and the suspension is too soft for hard cornering but atleast its 4wheel drive.
                Wait, what do you do and who do you work for that the government is outfitting your vehicle for you?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

well, I work for a private security company that is contracted to a large construction manufacturing company that has a test and development facility here in the Arizona desert. were only 32 miles from the mexico border and the borderpatrol and sheriff are always here to help us. they do understand that we are unarmed security but we are a good 15-20 min. away from any emergency response. The vehicle is more deterent based i guess. I personally dont like the idea. But a job is a job. and this one pays very well. I make double of what I made as a Paramedic/firefighter. So, we make do.

Comment

as for the vehicle (to stay on topic) most agencies or departments take theirs to the local prison. their graphic area is very good and it looks professional as well. also, boat loads cheaper than galls or other options. The durango is the property of the company as well as all the radios equipment etc. We purchased the light bar (clear lexan with red and blue rotators) alley ditch lights from some mail order place with the sheriff letter for authorization. Again, I dont know the particulars, since this was right before I got here. But anyway, its funny. when a "real" patrol vehicle pulls up, they always ask who was on scene before them? Double takes are classic. Its also funny when they ask about who did the vehicle, "you did."

Comment

Well, we pretty much use vehicles with no lights anymore. Big part of the division here just has Nitros and Sebrings with just markings (and some with none) and that's all. I kind of miss the green/amber code 3's.
                      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by desertguard06 View Post
                        How do you fit a spine board in the back of a Durango???

Comment

OK, thought I would lighten the tension here.

This, is the ultimate patrol vehicle. Only thing you need is a cape and a baterang!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JGgzOkYhIb...mbler_cart.jpg
                          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

How do you fit a spine board in the back of a Durango???
                            Half spine board?

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              Half spine board?
                              Yeah, I suppose. But they're not really used anymore, they've been removed from most ambulances and rescue trucks, at least under west metro protocalls (thought that was nation wide). The new thing is the Spencer SED extrication device.

http://www.spencer.it/eng/products/l...cation-devices
                              Attached Files

Comment

The Impalas are slowly being phased out to either Ford Escape SUVs (4 cylinder version) or Dodge Chargers. My beat was one of the first to get the Escape. I don't think the Escapes will hold up to being driven 24/7.

Malone: You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X