Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see your squad car

Here's ours.
    The light bar does a "Night Rider" thing zigzaging back and forth (I thought it was funny).
    Attached Files
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ead.php?t=2474

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...read.php?t=155
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Where's the vehicle tag? Does it only run on private property, or are city/county/state agencies exempt from license tags?
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        Where's the vehicle tag? Does it only run on private property, or are city/county/state agencies exempt from license tags?

City, County, and State are exempt.
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          I have never known government vehicles to be exempt from having license plates - typically they have the name of the government entity, i.e. city, county, state or federal and then a number that is also the vehicle number as well. If it is permissible for government cars to be exempt think of the tax revenue that could be saved in not making license plates every year or two for the (Lord knows how many) government vehicles existing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherstjo View Post
              I have never known government vehicles to be exempt from having license plates
              now you do... Minnesota
              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                City, County, and State are exempt.

Government cars are exempt from paying tax, not from running license plates. Only the Authorized Emergency Vehicles listed in statute 168.012 are exempt from running plates, and they have to be "un mistakable".

sgtnewby, is your car in that list?
                Last edited by Minneapolis Security; 06-10-2007, 03:36 AM.
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Here is the applicable statute:

168.012 VEHICLES EXEMPT FROM TAX OR LICENSE FEES.
                  Subdivision 1. Vehicles exempt from tax, fees, or plate display. (a) The following vehicles
                  are exempt from the provisions of this chapter requiring payment of tax and registration fees,
                  except as provided in subdivision 1c:
                  (1) vehicles owned and used solely in the transaction of official business by the federal
                  government, the state, or any political subdivision;
                  (2) vehicles owned and used exclusively by educational institutions and used solely in the
                  transportation of pupils to and from those institutions;
                  (3) vehicles used solely in driver education programs at nonpublic high schools;
                  (4) vehicles owned by nonprofit charities and used exclusively to transport disabled persons
                  for charitable, religious, or educational purposes;
                  (5) ambulances owned by ambulance services licensed under section 144E.10, the general
                  appearance of which is unmistakable; and
                  (6) vehicles owned by a commercial driving school licensed under section 171.34, or an
                  employee of a commercial driving school licensed under section 171.34, and the vehicle is used
                  exclusively for driver education and training.
                  (b) Vehicles owned by the federal government, municipal fire apparatuses including
                  fire-suppression support vehicles, police patrols, and ambulances, the general appearance of
                  which is unmistakable, are not required to register or display number plates.

(c) Unmarked vehicles used in general police work, liquor investigations, or arson
                  investigations, and passenger automobiles, pickup trucks, and buses owned or operated by the
                  Department of Corrections, must be registered and must display appropriate license number
                  plates, furnished by the registrar at cost.
                  Original and renewal applications for these license plates
                  authorized for use in general police work and for use by the Department of Corrections must be
                  accompanied by a certification signed by the appropriate chief of police if issued to a police
                  vehicle, the appropriate sheriff if issued to a sheriff's vehicle, the commissioner of corrections if
                  issued to a Department of Corrections vehicle, or the appropriate officer in charge if issued to
                  a vehicle of any other law enforcement agency. The certification must be on a form prescribed
                  by the commissioner and state that the vehicle will be used exclusively for a purpose authorized
                  by this section.
                  ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson View Post
                    OK, that is just wrong on sooo many levels...
                    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

You beat me to it.
                      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
                        now you do... Minnesota
                        No, I mean that I personally have never known government vehicles to be exempt from having to have license plates - it does not mean that it is not permitted just that I have never seen a government vehicle without some kind of license plate on the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson View Post
                          Now that is the best patrol vehicle I have ever seen - ROFL
                          Last edited by Christopherstjo; 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM.

Comment

High visibility - but I want to see him sit down.
                            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                              High visibility - but I want to see him sit down.
                              That would be way more information than I would want to see

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X